Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

LAX Shooting Range = Great

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    mike100
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2006
    • 2507

    what?? they have an barrier to entry like a cheap hotel with security glass or something? Now I can see why finger f-ing with your gear would get you bent out of shape.

    I guess the neighborhood is rough...

    can you get in without a gun? I mighthave an hour to burn before my next intl flight out of LAX..that and I want to see if my bags get picked up on the nitrates sniff test from the powder residue.

    Comment

    • #17
      Sydwaiz
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2003
      • 3555

      I haven't been there in a quite a few years. Used to live right around the corner. Back then, the car wash and LAX were owned by the same people. It was nicer when it was new and nobody new about it. I used to take my CAR in there with my own ammo and everything. I always got looks with that thing back then. Last time I went, I wasn't impressed with the crowd they were attracting, it's steps from Inglewatts you know!
      ____________________________________

      A government is a body of people usually notably ungoverned.

      Comment

      • #18
        markymark
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 1295

        Originally posted by mike100
        what?? they have an barrier to entry like a cheap hotel with security glass or something? Now I can see why finger f-ing with your gear would get you bent out of shape.
        I can't remember clearly but there is this bulletproof window (kind of like at a fast food joint) where you put in your range bag so that they can check out your stuff before they let you in.

        Comment

        • #19
          blackberg
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2006
          • 3061

          i happened to drive there recently, didnt go in,but the area didnt look to bad,
          sigpicNRA Life Endowment Member - CRPA Member

          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin, 1759


          Brand NEW Apple MacBooks and Mini for sale

          Comment

          • #20
            SGTNDA
            Junior Member
            • Sep 2007
            • 30

            Comment

            • #21
              ts
              Banned
              • Apr 2006
              • 1232

              That's how you can tell a shop or a range is good. When they hear negative things about their establishment they go on and correct the problem. I wish that was done in my case (reference to older thread) I really enjoy it there and the personal is very friendly and welcoming.

              Comment

              • #22
                Pvt. Cowboy
                Banned
                • Oct 2006
                • 2688

                Originally posted by SGTNDA
                My name is Nolan and I am the Manager of the LAX Firing Range. I started working here part-time in 1998 and have been the full-time manager for the last 2-years. I know all of the people you guys are talking about and I have no excuses or explanations for them. My job is simple, make all of you happy by creating a safe and enjoyable facility for you to use.
                I liked LAX Range when I lived in West LA years ago. Glad to hear you're cleaning house. I thought the facilities part was really nice with the fresh lanes, video shooting training station, and pretty good merchandising. I also liked the sofas and John Wayne movies. It wasn't a bad place at all, in fact, it was a really nice range. Me and some friends of mine who worked at Rettings liked to go shoot there often.

                It was just that one round-headed goofball I mentioned before who annoyed me. He made me wish that I could turn my ears off when he talked.

                Comment

                • #23
                  donger
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 1560

                  Nolan's a standup guy. I've been frequenting the range for a few years and every experience with him has been positive.

                  I won't mince words. The owner (the tall white dude with the huge Breitling) is either hit or miss. Sometimes it seems he doesn't want to be there. He's probably thinking about lounging on the beach in Mexico or his really hot, young, fresh girlfriend. Geez, she's hot... What was I talking about?

                  Regarding the neighborhood, I don't think it's fair to label black people who want to learn how to shoot "gangbangers." For example, I was just there this past Saturday putting rounds through my new G29 when a young black couple came to the line and set up to fire their rented Beretta. It was obvious they had zero experience with firearms and asked me for a hand. I was happy to help them out, told them the 4 rules, etc. My only complaint is that people with no working knowledge of firearms are allowed to rent and shoot at the range. But I guess we all have to start somewhere.
                  Certified Ragaholic

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1