Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Your idea of a good collection?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • psango
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jul 2009
    • 1303

    Your idea of a good collection?

    What makes a good collection? Aside from those who collect specific brands or types of firearms what do you like to see in a general collection? For me it would be:

    1. Ruger Mark pistol .22.
    2. Revolve 1 ea. From Ruger, Smith, Colt.
    3. At least 1 snub-nose revolver.
    4. A mouse gun of some type, like a Seecamp.
    5. Several wonder nines like such as Sig. p226 or Beretta 92FS
    6. A Glock.
    7. A large caliber revolver .44 or 45LC.
    8. .40 and 10mm autos from Beretta, Smith, Glock, other major manufactures.
    9. 1911 or two.
    10. Single Action revolver.
    11. Derringer.
    12. 45 ACP one or two.
    13. Bolt-action rifle.
    14. Lever-action rifle.
    15. Semi-Auto rifle.
    16. AR or AK prefer both.
    17. Pump-action shotgun 12ga.
    18. World War II rifle, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, K98 etc.
    19. Handguns in: .22, 32, .380, .38, .357, 9mm. .40, 10mm, 44. 45ACP. (if possible: .22mag, .327-32 H&R, .38 Super, 41mag. 45LC)
    20. Long Guns, .22, .270, 5.56, .30-06, 308, .30 carbine, one in hand-gun caliber ie: 357 or 44., 410g., 12g.

    I guess the list could go on forever.
    Always remember to pillage before you burn.
  • #2
    socalsteve
    Member
    • Dec 2005
    • 274

    That list seems pretty good but for myself 14 seems like a lot of lever rifles.

    Also, 11 derringers seems like a niche collection but all in all you've got a good start.

    Comment

    • #3
      TNP'R
      Calguns Addict
      • May 2010
      • 7832

      I think the ideal collection has a good mix of C&R, modern semi auto and bolt action rifles. The size of the collection shouldn't matter because one mans collection wont be the same size as the other persons. As long as you are happy with your fire arms then thats all that matters.

      Comment

      • #4
        psango
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Jul 2009
        • 1303

        on this board

        Originally posted by socalsteve
        That list seems pretty good but for myself 14 seems like a lot of lever rifles.

        Also, 11 derringers seems like a niche collection but all in all you've got a good start.
        I sure we can find members here that can exceed those total with no problem.
        Always remember to pillage before you burn.

        Comment

        • #5
          PsychGuy274
          Veteran Member
          • May 2010
          • 4289

          A 'good collection' is every firearm on the planet that you have an interest in.

          If you like .22 pistols, then buy every .22 on the planet.

          If you like 50 bmg's, buy every 50 bmg on the planet.

          Etc.
          I am a law enforcement officer in the state of Colorado. Nothing I post is legal advice of any kind.

          CLICK HERE for a San Diego County WIN!

          CLICK HERE to read my research review on the fight-or-flight response and its application to firearm training

          Comment

          • #6
            lineman66
            Member
            • Aug 2009
            • 245

            With that list o' guns you should include a reloading rig for all those different caliber ammo that you'll need to have

            Is glock considered a wonder nine?

            Comment

            • #7
              RenegadeRebel
              Banned
              • May 2011
              • 166

              I think that collection is seriously lacking in modern rifles and shotguns. There is no saiga 12 for instance, and there is no 375 cheytec...Many more you missed too...

              Comment

              • #8
                Thefeeder
                Calguns Addict
                • Jun 2007
                • 5008

                ><

                A collection of the very few.

                Even if you have the money.......there are none of these for sale or are very hard to find.

                A python 22 mag or a Rem 600 in 223 come to mind

                I want the one that you have never seen and will never see again.

                Comment

                • #9
                  calwoodbutcher
                  Member
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 261

                  I do not believe you have enough shotguns listed. You are also going to need a buttload of ammo for all of the different calibers. Very nice list. I hope you have a really good job.$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
                  An Armed Society is a Polite Society!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    glock_this
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Dec 2005
                    • 8225

                    1 full size AR
                    1 SBR (or AR Pistol)
                    1 polymer semi-auto pistol (in 40cal if I picked 1 caliber)
                    1 12g shotgun tactical setup
                    10 +1 in the chamber

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      alex45auto
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 987

                      Here's my idea of a good collection:


                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Buddhabelly
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2009
                        • 1365

                        Nice collection, although I think I have 1 more snake than you do.

                        Originally posted by alex45auto
                        Here's my idea of a good collection:


                        Comment

                        • #13
                          psango
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Jul 2009
                          • 1303

                          Wow

                          Originally posted by alex45auto
                          Here's my idea of a good collection:


                          Very nice
                          Always remember to pillage before you burn.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            psango
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 1303

                            need to start reloading, yes

                            Yes reloading would be a good idea. I need to get started with that, meanwhile I try to keep a representative supply on hand.
                            Always remember to pillage before you burn.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              pacifico23
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 2010
                              • 2708

                              A shotgun
                              A .22
                              2 handguns one a 1911 and another of your choice
                              A ar/ak type
                              A bigger caliber bolt action or M1A

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1