Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

The Shooter Movie

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SES50
    Member
    • Feb 2006
    • 124

    The Shooter Movie

    I watch the movie last night. Anyone figure out why he keeps cocking and slapping the bolt of the M-82 in the opening scenes. Is it just me or is that a pretty blatant mistake on the film makers part. I guess it added suspense because he just did not keep pulling the trigger. It was a good movie with a hot chick but there were a lot of other mistakes that I saw and I was not even paying really close attention. I may have to watch it again just to check out the chick and see what else I can find.
  • #2
    69Mach1
    Super Moderator
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jan 2006
    • 15032

    It was the first thing I noticed. When he uncovered the Barrett, I was anticipating some rapid fire .50, but was dissappointed. I guess the firearms prop master didn't have any .50 BMG blanks that could cycle a Barrett.
    sigpic
    69Mach1
    munkeeboi
    TURBOELKY
    antix2
    WTSGDYBBR
    tujungatoes
    jmpgnr24K

    Comment

    • #3
      CSDGuy
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2007
      • 3763

      The movie is based on the book "Point of Impact" by Stephen Hunter. It came out in 1993. The original setting was Vietnam, not Gulf War I or early Gulf War II era. However, I too though that manually cycling the bolt of the Barrett was a bit odd given that it was one of the semi-autos and not a bolt gun. Also, the actor did his live-fire rifle training with a bolt gun, and not on a semi-auto Barrett... at least not that I saw in their "making of" bonus clip on the DVD.

      It's a good book. I liked it back then and I think I've got a copy of it around the house somewhere...

      Comment

      • #4
        Roo
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2006
        • 877

        I'll pay for shipping on the book
        FREE Photo Hosting!
        Http://www.UpItAll.Com
        Click Here To Get Your Free Account!

        Comment

        • #5
          ZombieKiller
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2007
          • 2555

          Also the headshots he put into the guys inside the boathouse was supposedly with a .22 -- but they were going all the way through with a pink mist and all:
          possible?
          "The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory...."

          Comment

          • #6
            CSDGuy
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2007
            • 3763

            .22LR? Not very likely, and even less so if they're subsonic and suppressed. This is NOT to say that it wouldn't be lethal...

            Comment

            • #7
              mecam
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2007
              • 4049

              Guys, it's Hollywood. I bet 90% of the people watched this movie have no clue about SA, BA, ballistics, etc...
              Last edited by mecam; 08-23-2007, 10:25 PM.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                Pthfndr
                In Memoriam
                • Oct 2005
                • 3691

                It's a MOVIE, not a documentary! Get over it already.
                Rob Thomas - Match Director NCPPRC Tactical Long Range Match

                Match Director Sac Valley Vintage Military Rifle Long Range Match

                Comment

                • #9
                  -aK-
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 805

                  The book was WAYYY better.

                  They chopped it up beyond the point of being acceptable.

                  The movie was cool.... but that's it. The book is damn right awesome.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    CSDGuy
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2007
                    • 3763

                    aK, I completely agree with you. The movie was a good action flick, but the book is much better!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      skeetskeet
                      Member
                      • Feb 2007
                      • 136

                      Its the first movie I've seen a movie that wasn't "aim scope crosshairs on person and it'll hit him." You see too much of that with other movies. I bet people were when they saw that wind, elevation and bullet drop plays a huge factor on the snipers.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Gshock
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2007
                        • 606

                        I thoght Marky Mark was convicted of a felony, how is he able to legally shoot firearms if he was convicted?
                        Originally posted by Theseus
                        My friends and I used to spray each other with pepper spray to build up an immunity. . . It didn't work.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Technical Ted
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 12169

                          Originally posted by Gshock
                          I thoght Marky Mark was convicted of a felony, how is he able to legally shoot firearms if he was convicted?
                          Exteriors were shot in British Columbia, Canada.
                          Originally posted by ChrisTKHarris
                          That is one of the most idiotic statements I've heard. You are a retard.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Gshock
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2007
                            • 606

                            Originally posted by Technical Ted
                            Exteriors were shot in British Columbia, Canada.
                            ahhh...sneaky sneaky
                            Originally posted by Theseus
                            My friends and I used to spray each other with pepper spray to build up an immunity. . . It didn't work.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              WokMaster1
                              Part time Emperor
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 5436

                              Originally posted by Technical Ted
                              Exteriors were shot in British Columbia, Canada.
                              I thought you can't get into Canada if you have a record. Special permission for the review board? Trip to Cancun kinda deal? Hmmm!
                              "Good friends, good food & good wine. Anything else is just a waste of soy sauce.":)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1