Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Gun laws dont apply here.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • chim-chim7
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 1845

    Gun laws dont apply here.



    Officer fires two shots at close range and only manages to hit the suspects butt. Someone needs more firearms training. If someone was coming at you with a weapon how could you shoot him in the butt? Seems to me like the suspect was attemping to flee not attack.

    I can only imagine what would happen to me if I ran outside with my gun to stop someone from stealing my truck, then shot the suspect because he may or may not have a weapon in his pocket that I can't see.
    Last edited by chim-chim7; 04-27-2011, 2:52 AM.
  • #2
    kel-tec-innovations
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 3931

    Shot the guy in the butt lmao If your an LEO you will be fine, if your an average Joe your most likely going to jail.
    WTS: Mossberg RARE Bullpup
    WTS: Glock 27 Nickel Boron coated 2 tone
    American Defense 20 MOA mount, AK47 AK74 Bullpup kit, Midwest AK rails Krink
    WTS: 7n6 5.45x39 spam cans / Crates IE area Riverside San Bernardino

    Comment

    • #3
      tenpercentfirearms
      Vendor/Retailer
      • Apr 2005
      • 13007

      Originally posted by chim-chim7
      http://www.10news.com/news/27682468/detail.html

      Officer fires two shots at close range and only manages to hit the suspects butt. Someone needs more firearms training. If someone was coming at you with a weapon how could you shoot him in the butt? Seems to me like the suspect was attemping to flee not attack.

      I can only imagine what would happen to me if I ran outside with my gun to stop someone from stealing my truck, then shot the suspect because he may or may not have a weapon in his pocket that I can't see.
      That is a lot of speculation on your part. The suspect could have been standing sideways which would expose his butt to fire.

      And if felons try to steal your motorcycle and get shot, don't steal motorcycles and you might not get shot.
      www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

      Comment

      • #4
        jak77
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2009
        • 1453

        Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
        WTT My BCM Carbine upper for your midlength! Check me out!!

        "You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."


        Comment

        • #5
          locosway
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jun 2009
          • 11346

          I don't know... Why didn't he call the cops in uniform to deal with it? You can't protect your property with a gun in CA, it's illegal. From the story, which seems to be detailed enough to be proper, the officer shot at close range because the man reached into his jacket. How do you shoot someone in the butt at close range?

          It all sounds fishy, and a little like the officer bent the law. I guess we'll never know since the DA dropped it.
          OCSD Approved CCW Instructor
          NRA Certified Instructor
          CA DOJ Certified Instructor
          Glock Certified Armorer

          Comment

          • #6
            Jack L
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Oct 2010
            • 1721

            Originally posted by tenpercentfirearms
            That is a lot of speculation on your part. The suspect could have been standing sideways which would expose his butt to fire.

            And if felons try to steal your motorcycle and get shot, don't steal motorcycles and you might not get shot.

            I agree. Also, there were other bad guys there and it could have went south fast for the LEO. As far as I am concerned, people who rip off someone else's bike deserves to take one in the butt.
            Last edited by Jack L; 04-27-2011, 4:27 PM.

            Comment

            • #7
              Grumpyoldretiredcop
              Calguns Addict
              • Sep 2008
              • 6437

              Originally posted by chim-chim7
              http://www.10news.com/news/27682468/detail.html

              Officer fires two shots at close range and only manages to hit the suspects butt. Someone needs more firearms training. If someone was coming at you with a weapon how could you shoot him in the butt? Seems to me like the suspect was attemping to flee not attack.

              I can only imagine what would happen to me if I ran outside with my gun to stop someone from stealing my truck, then shot the suspect because he may or may not have a weapon in his pocket that I can't see.
              Gonzalez then stopped and walked back toward the officer, cursing and grabbing at him. The suspected thief then hit Gallegos before reaching into his jacket, according to police.

              "Fearing Mr. Gonzalez was retrieving a weapon, Officer Gallegos responded by firing twice at Mr. Gonzalez," Mosler stated. "Mr. Gonzalez was hit once by the gunfire and then fled on foot a short distance before eventually surrendering."
              I'm glad to know that you can do better in mid-scuffle. I'll call on you if it ever happens to me. Well, maybe not. I'll be happy if I hit him in the butt, he disengages and flees to be arrested after a short foot pursuit.
              I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!

              Comment

              • #8
                9mmepiphany
                Calguns Addict
                • Jul 2008
                • 8075

                Well, if you read this part
                Officer Gallegos responded by firing twice at Mr. Gonzalez," Mosler stated. "Mr. Gonzalez was hit once by the gunfire
                ...my first guess was that Gonzalez was turning to flee after the first shot and caught the second one in the side of an buttcheek
                ...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

                Comment

                • #9
                  chim-chim7
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 1845

                  So if they turn to run away are they still considered a threat to use deadly force. I mean the suspect still managed to get away somewhat. I wonder where that first missed bullet went. Luckily no one was hit by a stray bullet.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    9mmepiphany
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jul 2008
                    • 8075

                    I has been demonstrated to me that you can fire two shots from a handgun fast enough that you would be unable to stop before the target can turn...it wouldn't be unusual for someone to catch both rounds on other than their frontal surface if they started turning on their perception of the first shot.

                    I'm not saying that this is how it happened, I'm just saying that it has happened in the past
                    ...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      supraman925
                      Member
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 150

                      that cop isn't a bad shot, he just has a kind hearted, im not saying not all cops are good shooters, they just not all bad shooters either
                      "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
                      Teddy Roosevelt, Rough Rider

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Jack L
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Oct 2010
                        • 1721

                        Originally posted by chim-chim7
                        So if they turn to run away are they still considered a threat to use deadly force. I mean the suspect still managed to get away somewhat. I wonder where that first missed bullet went. Luckily no one was hit by a stray bullet.
                        The bad guy could have been beating on the LEO. You don't always get a clear front shot placement when that is going on. Bad guy is lucky he didn't take a round point blank in the guts.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          TurboChrisB
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Mar 2010
                          • 5116

                          A quote from the article

                          California law empowers peace officers to use lethal force to protect themselves and others from threats of death and great bodily injury, Mosler noted in his ruling.
                          In the moments leading up to the shooting, Gonzalez's actions led Gallegos to reasonably fear the prospect of being "gravely injured or killed," Mosler wrote.
                          "Based on these circumstances, it is apparent Officer Gallegos fired in self-defense and therefore bears no criminal liability for his actions," Mosler stated.


                          Seems to me if I shoot an unarmed thief who "reached into his jacket" I'd be in a WORLD of legal hurt.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            chim-chim7
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 1845

                            That's right, you have the right to die but not the right to defend your life. I guess if someone is stealing your stuff its better to just call on the police, wait 25 minutes while you stay locked in your bedroom hiding under the bed with a kitchen knife. So if I confronted a thief and he pulls a knife, stabs me then I am still not legally allowed to protect myself with deadly force? I am the victum, not the insane criminal.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              fishnbeer
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 777

                              my buddy had the same bike, a 2008 R1 that got stolen from in front of his house while he was sleeping. sounds like same situation, multiple guys pick it up and throw it into a truck or van. he didnt hear anything. at least the cop shot one of them. only 2 shots fired shows that guy has a lot of restraint. if i caught someone stealing my bike i would make sure their career was over

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1