Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Help I need tips on how to sell a gun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    j1133s
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2007
    • 1343

    Originally posted by sltdude
    Ok I was just wondering what the steps are selling a handgun? Obviously u would have to have an ffl dros but where would u meet first to make the deal? At a gun shop? Thanks again I've bought guns from shops just never sold one thanks for any advise...
    CA laws actually makes selling and buying a gun kind of safe with its FFL dealer involvement. Since your are likely to use a PPT dealer, just meet there. (Assuming due to the PPT requirements, the dealer isn't that far form both parties.)

    Comment

    • #17
      caldude
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2007
      • 1253

      I've always let the shop people know I was there meeting someone for a PPT. My regular shop has even started the paperwork before the seller came in. Once the inspection is done, I generally pay the seller (always have the $ in an envelope I just hand over) while the shop is doing the paperwork. No shop I've ever been in has ever had any issues with this.

      Comment

      • #18
        yakmon
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 922

        meeting at the gun shop has the advantage of them getting the dros done at the same time as them inspecting the gun and judging it acceptable for purchase.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1