Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Do I have any recourse?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    cmichini
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2008
    • 1739

    Originally posted by shy 7th
    We're talking about government employees here... They probably went to the back bathroom, sat down, cracked open a newspaper and spent the next 30 minutes in bowel movement land. After cleaning up, they walked back out front and said "Sorry, no package."

    Of course, I'm stereotyping here, the people at my post office are awesome.
    I think you're probably being generous with the 'After cleaning up', but other than that sounds like a reasonble assumption of the remainder of the search pattern and parameters.
    NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

    Comment

    • #17
      Cyc Wid It
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2009
      • 4485

      It happens, just make the appropriate calls and keep at it. I had a handgun (not USPS) that didn't ship for 3 days because it was put in the "pick-up" section.
      WTS all BNIB: Colt S70 Repro, HK45c, Gen4 G19

      Comment

      • #18
        WDE91
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2010
        • 3513

        USPS government thieves
        "Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison

        Comment

        • #19
          xenophobe
          In Memoriam
          • Jan 2006
          • 7069

          Originally posted by dunndeal
          The lesson to be learned is NEVER use USPS,,, FedEx or UPS only.
          USPS regularly uses FedEx to transport overnight and priority packages....

          Comment

          • #20
            leelaw
            Junior Member
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Oct 2005
            • 10445

            I just had a registered letter lost at the post office just in early December. It took 4 days to find it because it was sorted into the wrong bin. From what I gathered after speaking to the postmaster and a couple other behind-the-counter staff was that the tracking of confirmed and registered packages is pretty good, even though their integration to the website is terrible. There is a record for where most every tracked package goes, at least on the "it made it back to the post office after a delivery attempt" scale. Contact the postmaster or a designee at the branch and they'll get to work on it.

            For those accusing folks of federal crimes, let's see some evidence. If not, perhaps a retraction is in order.

            Comment

            • #21
              Hozr
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2009
              • 817

              Originally posted by dunndeal
              The lesson to be learned is NEVER use USPS,,, FedEx or UPS only.
              I call Shenanigans! My latest UPS complaint: I had a package mis-shipped by the seller (UPS not USPS) to my PO Box. Instead of refusing returning or ANY OTHER FREAKING thing they could think of, what did they do? UPS looked in their system for my name and of their own accord picked an old address and delivered the items there. Now my ex-wife is holding the package hostage because she knows that is valuable based on the source. UPS refuses to help even though they admit it is there fault.

              Yeah...USPS loses things (Like the 2 shotgun stocks I've been waiting for) but at least they own up to sucking.
              "Your offer to have my client "Cease and Desist" exercising his first amendment rights is rejected."
              - Kilmer


              "Justice Sotomayor, states may have grown accustomed to violating the rights of American citizens, but that does not bootstrap those violations into something that is constitutional."
              - Gura

              Comment

              • #22
                pTa
                Senior Member
                • May 2008
                • 1045

                it'll show up/ have you gotten any word form them yet?
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #23
                  sleepercar
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 568

                  I had a package sent from Nevada. According to the tracking number, there was attempted delivery and notice left.
                  I went to the PO and explained that I had recieved nothing. They found my package after an hour and handed it over.
                  Two days later, a resident in my complex on the first floor (I'm on the third) knocked on my door and said, "Is this you? It was in my mailbox. Your adress is correct, they were just way off."

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    meaty-btz
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 8980

                    Originally posted by Hozr
                    I call Shenanigans! My latest UPS complaint: I had a package mis-shipped by the seller (UPS not USPS) to my PO Box. Instead of refusing returning or ANY OTHER FREAKING thing they could think of, what did they do? UPS looked in their system for my name and of their own accord picked an old address and delivered the items there. Now my ex-wife is holding the package hostage because she knows that is valuable based on the source. UPS refuses to help even though they admit it is there fault.

                    Yeah...USPS loses things (Like the 2 shotgun stocks I've been waiting for) but at least they own up to sucking.

                    That is called theft, call the PD. Report stolen property. Being that she is an ex, means she has no legal right to sign for your name or take delivery as such. Let her suck that for a bit.
                    ...but their exists also in the human heart a depraved taste for equality, which impels the weak to attempt to lower the powerful to their own level, and reduces men to prefer equality in slavery to inequality with freedom.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      U5512
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 509

                      I went back to the Post Office today (my 3rd time in exactly 1 week) and they found it!!! Looking forward to put my lower together this weekend! Thanks everyone.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1