For the rifles maybe get yourself a couple of the double rifle cases. Also go her and have a look around they have lots of good stuff.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Range bag recommendations
Collapse
X
-
-
Wow, that's a lot of stuff you are carrying, maybe that red ryder you mentioned is the best solution.So what kind of range bags do you guys/gals use ? Its a big PITA when i go to the range I carry like 4-6 rifle bags and like 5 handgun cases , and I leave my magazines in 1 ammo can, then bring like 2-3 more ammo cans with ammo. I have to make a few trips to the car to unload everything and its hard to keep track of all the things i bring
. I am considering buying like 1 big duffle bag / gym type bag and use that specifically for ammo / magazines / cleaning suplies / eye and ear protection and also take advantage of the fact that I can put all my handguns in zip rugs and keep that duffle bag locked when transporting it. Also I can use those big jumbo size 2 1/2 gallon zip lock bags and bring a couple hundred rounds of ammo in each bag ( separated by caliber ) instead of those big cumberson ammo cans.
So because I really want to avoid taking my childhood red ryder to the range with all my equipment on top of it
I am asking you guys, what do you recommend Ideally from now on when I go to the range all in would need is that packd duffle bag and rifle bags. Hopefully under $60 if possible with alot of compartments for magazines and such.
Thanks!
My usual range trip is at most 3 or 4 guns and I don't usually take out the rifle or shotgun (leaving them in the car) while I shoot pistols and vice versa, so pretty much everything fits into a gun case (guns) + a range bag (ammo, targets, etc.).
When I shot 3 gun, I think that's when I take the most amount of stuff with me. Many people use a little cart to hold all their stuff there. The cart is more vertically oriented than your wagon , which is more horizontal.Comment
-
Pick this up from Ross for like $15. I carry my hearing protection, two sets of shooting glasses, a cleaning kit, gloves, 2 guns and can fit about 1000 rounds with no problem.

These 2 little ones were like $6-7 each, one has my cleaning supplies, the other has both guns. So in all about $27-30.

I like the setup and it doesn't scream "gun."Comment
-
I remember having the same issue. I did a few things.
1. I consolidated my calibers to reduce my firearm and ammo load.
2. My cleaning kit bag :-( is big
I am thinking about getting one of these:
Pennys Dad
Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.Comment
-
After owning some nice range bags, somehow I find myself going back to basic -- I carry couple of those 'freebie' Cabela's ammo dry-boxes. Yes, those free boxes when we order some bulk ammos from them:
- One box contains the pistols (each in its own padded pistol rug), ear muffs, goggles, miscellaneous cleaning tools.
- Another box contains the ammos and magazines.
Those dry boxes are study and lockable (with padlock), and did I mention they are free when ordering some bulk ammos from Cabela's?
With best regards,
Comment
-
I have 1 Voodoo tactical 2 rifle drag bag and a 42" 2 rifle bag. Carries 4 rifles +2 hand guns in both of them. plus my gear for shooting, mags, eharing protection, bipod, range device) than i just have my ammo cans.ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕPSN Id: FNChesterCertified Welder-ANSI/AWS D1.2 1F/G, 2F/G, 3 F/G up to 1/2 plate aluminium GTAW. &
D1.1 1F/G, 2F/G, 3F/G unlimited range, Steel SMAW
I can make custom shooting targets and paracord accesories. PM me.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,681
Posts: 25,150,400
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,868
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 24881 users online. 150 members and 24731 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment