Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

San Diego CCW: ** We're DONE!! **

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    Casual_Shooter
    Ban Hammer Avoidance Team
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Sep 2006
    • 11741

    Originally posted by Bagelthief
    I still don't understand what happens when SD is fully sponsored. Will it make it easier to get a CCW?

    What is the whole purpose of the fund raiser?
    My understanding is that the money will go toward the fees (legal?) to gain access to the necessary records to determine whether or not good cause statements are treated equally as well as funding further litigation.

    But I have yet to have it verified that I am correct...

    I wonder what the reaction of the forum would be if someone other than CGF asked for money but didn't spell out where it was going.
    Guns, dogs and home alarms. Opponents are all of a sudden advocates once their personal space is violated.

    "Those who cannot remember the posts are condemned to repeat them"



    Why is it all the funny stuff happens to comedians?

    Comment

    • #47
      Casual_Shooter
      Ban Hammer Avoidance Team
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Sep 2006
      • 11741

      Originally posted by sd_shooter
      bump - we're almost done, San Diego
      Maybe I missed it, how does one donate just $50? i.e. to fully fund (the minimum) SD?
      Guns, dogs and home alarms. Opponents are all of a sudden advocates once their personal space is violated.

      "Those who cannot remember the posts are condemned to repeat them"



      Why is it all the funny stuff happens to comedians?

      Comment

      • #48
        Untamed1972
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Mar 2009
        • 17579

        Originally posted by Casual_Shooter
        Maybe I missed it, how does one donate just $50? i.e. to fully fund (the minimum) SD?
        You can just donate to the general CGF fund and then email them with your transaction info if you donated online and ask them to apply the fund to the Sunshine Initiative and which county you'd like it to go towards.

        You can also PM "TemporarilyIncognito" here on CGN with the same info and he can take care of it.
        Last edited by Untamed1972; 01-26-2011, 2:41 PM.
        "Freedom begins with an act of defiance"

        Quote for the day:
        "..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun

        Comment

        • #49
          Bagelthief
          Banned
          • May 2009
          • 319

          Thank you Casual. I appreciate your forwardness.

          And to "Untamed," there's no need to be curt. If you need to be secretive about where the money is going for legal reasons or whatever, then just say so.

          Comment

          • #50
            Untamed1972
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Mar 2009
            • 17579

            Originally posted by Bagelthief
            Thank you Casual. I appreciate your forwardness.

            And to "Untamed," there's no need to be curt. If you need to be secretive about where the money is going for legal reasons or whatever, then just say so.
            Huh? Not sure what your issue is, I was just answering the questions asked.

            It's not about being secretive. It's about the way the donation thing is setup on the website. To donate directly to the Sunshine initiative on that page the min. donation is $100. If you want to donate less, you hafta do as I explained.
            "Freedom begins with an act of defiance"

            Quote for the day:
            "..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun

            Comment

            • #51
              sd_shooter
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Dec 2008
              • 14279

              Originally posted by Bagelthief
              Thank you Casual. I appreciate your forwardness.

              And to "Untamed," there's no need to be curt. If you need to be secretive about where the money is going for legal reasons or whatever, then just say so.
              I didn't think he was being secretive or curt either. It's totally open and you get your name on a nice little CGF website for being a supporter.

              Comment

              • #52
                AndrewMendez
                C3 Leader
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Jan 2009
                • 6782

                Originally posted by Untamed1972
                You can just donate to the general CGF fund and then email them with your transaction info if you donated online and ask them to apply the fund to the Sunshine Initiative and which county you'd like it to go towards.

                You can also PM ANDREWMENDEZ here on CGN with the same info and he can take care of it.
                Damn!! I wrote a big long response and I accidentally closed the tab!!

                The Calgunner you speak of, has gone "Incognito" hint hint wink wink pending some top secret stuff, but please keep that under wraps. PM me directly if you have a question about it. As of right now, he doesn't exist.
                With that being said, I just updated the numbers right now. Curious, where are you getting the numbers from as 1 donation left?

                For those who can only pay half, there is a way to still donate. Make a general donation to the CalGuns Foundation but put a message BEFORE HITTING SUBMIT that says Please credit to San Diego County CCW Initiative, and I will add the .5 .

                To answer the questions of what it pays for, or what happens when you reach the magic number:
                San Diego is a large County, which translates to many man hours or work, lots of papers to copy, and expensive lawyer fees (if need be). Freedom is not free, and hitting the magic number will not start the assault, as gathering information from every single county has been in the works for months. Some counties will be easier to fight then others....some will crack under the pressure from the CGF's massive momentum, and some will spend thousands of dollars of tax payer money to fight the fight til the end. 1 thing I can guarantee...your donations will not go to waste.
                Need A Realtor in SoCal? Shoot me a PM. :cool:

                Comment

                • #53
                  sd_shooter
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 14279

                  Originally posted by TemporarilyIncognito
                  With that being said, I just updated the numbers right now. Curious, where are you getting the numbers from as 1 donation left?
                  From the donations status page:
                  (Look at San Diego toward the top: 33 requested, 32.5 received)


                  Here:

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    Nick1236
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2010
                    • 3843

                    by your chart, we need $1,550 more to reach our goal.

                    WHERE ARE YOU GETTING $50??
                    sigpic

                    Originally posted by dirtykoala
                    dont have a gun, let crack head break your window and super man drop kick you
                    Originally posted by compulsivegunbuyer
                    I grab my zipper and ask if he wants to make a little extra cash

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      Untamed1972
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 17579

                      Originally posted by TemporarilyIncognito
                      Damn!! I wrote a big long response and I accidentally closed the tab!!

                      The Calgunner you speak of, has gone "Incognito" hint hint wink wink pending some top secret stuff, but please keep that under wraps. PM me directly if you have a question about it. As of right now, he doesn't exist.
                      With that being said, I just updated the numbers right now. Curious, where are you getting the numbers from as 1 donation left?

                      For those who can only pay half, there is a way to still donate. Make a general donation to the CalGuns Foundation but put a message BEFORE HITTING SUBMIT that says Please credit to San Diego County CCW Initiative, and I will add the .5 .

                      To answer the questions of what it pays for, or what happens when you reach the magic number:
                      San Diego is a large County, which translates to many man hours or work, lots of papers to copy, and expensive lawyer fees (if need be). Freedom is not free, and hitting the magic number will not start the assault, as gathering information from every single county has been in the works for months. Some counties will be easier to fight then others....some will crack under the pressure from the CGF's massive momentum, and some will spend thousands of dollars of tax payer money to fight the fight til the end. 1 thing I can guarantee...your donations will not go to waste.

                      Gotcha!
                      "Freedom begins with an act of defiance"

                      Quote for the day:
                      "..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        sd_shooter
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 14279

                        Originally posted by Nick1236
                        by your chart, we need $1,550 more to reach our goal.

                        WHERE ARE YOU GETTING $50??
                        If you look at the chart headings there are 33 individual sponsors requested. Each sponsor implies $100, so $3300 total. They have 32.5 donations so far, or $3250. The final math: $3300-$3250 = $50.

                        The rest must be for the corporate sponsors, I assume $500 per vendor. It's not 'my' chart so I don't know (perhaps TemporarilyIncognito owns it?).

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          Chuck0matic
                          Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 173

                          Originally posted by sd_shooter
                          If you look at the chart headings there are 33 individual sponsors requested. Each sponsor implies $100, so $3300 total. They have 32.5 donations so far, or $3250. The final math: $3300-$3250 = $50.

                          The rest must be for the corporate sponsors, I assume $500 per vendor. It's not 'my' chart so I don't know (perhaps TemporarilyIncognito owns it?).
                          THIS. There is a print out on the CGF Page IIRC with info. Maybe print some out, and take them to local SD shops? From what I understood from Temp Incog is they want Vendors to help pick up a portion of the donation, as they will benefit by selling all those sub compacts once the Counties are Virtually shall issue.

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            dave1947
                            Member
                            • Jul 2008
                            • 369

                            OK,, I just donated $100 so san diego is complete for individuals. Still need corporate sponsors
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              sd_shooter
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 14279

                              Originally posted by dave1947
                              OK,, I just donated $100 so san diego is complete for individuals. Still need corporate sponsors
                              Thanks!

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                AndrewMendez
                                C3 Leader
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Jan 2009
                                • 6782

                                Congrats. Numbers updated. Lets go find some business sponsors!
                                Need A Realtor in SoCal? Shoot me a PM. :cool:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1