Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Can I take a gun back from consignment?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Master Blaster
    Member
    • Feb 2009
    • 321

    I did almost the same thing. I got the gun back within 30 days but I did have to re- DROS it.
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary."

    Comment

    • #17
      G. Freeman
      Member
      • Dec 2007
      • 421

      I just want to thank all of you for chiming in. I called the gun shop and they were great. I was able to get my gun back. I had to re-DROS and wait 10 days. I paid $25.00 for the DROS, no taxes.

      I don't know if it was treated as a return PPT.

      And better yet, it will not affect the pick-up of my other gun which can be DROS'ed on Nov.8.

      I learned a great lesson here--in patience. And I really appreciate the people at ADE's Gun Shop for their great service.

      Comment

      • #18
        chickenfried
        Calguns Addict
        • Oct 2005
        • 7160

        Would've been easier to delete a calguns' ad
        Originally posted by victor1echo
        Hollywood is satan!!!!
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #19
          1911su16b870
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Dec 2006
          • 7654

          Never ever part with any firearms...unless you've traded for another one
          "Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

          NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
          GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
          Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
          I instruct it if you shoot it.

          Comment

          • #20
            Lead Waster
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Sep 2010
            • 16650

            "Haste makes Waste". My Mom's favorite saying.

            Glad you got it back, now go out and shoot it!
            ==================

            sigpic


            Remember to dial 1 before 911.

            Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

            There. Are. Four. Lights!

            Comment

            • #21
              patrickcalanoc@gmail.com
              Junior Member
              • Feb 2021
              • 15

              Originally posted by Master Blaster
              I did almost the same thing. I got the gun back within 30 days but I did have to re- DROS it.
              Does drossing it back to your from A store consignment count as 1- of the 5 sales allowed or red flagged??

              Comment

              • #22
                SVT-40
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2008
                • 12907

                Originally posted by patrickcalanoc@gmail.com
                Does drossing it back to your from A store consignment count as 1- of the 5 sales allowed or red flagged??
                12 year old thread...

                But to answer your question. Buying any firearm doesn't "count" as a sale of any type.
                Poke'm with a stick!


                Originally posted by fiddletown
                What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

                Comment

                • #23
                  9Cal_OC
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Apr 2019
                  • 6703

                  Originally posted by G. Freeman
                  I just want to thank all of you for chiming in. I called the gun shop and they were great. I was able to get my gun back. I had to re-DROS and wait 10 days. I paid $25.00 for the DROS, no taxes.

                  I don't know if it was treated as a return PPT.

                  And better yet, it will not affect the pick-up of my other gun which can be DROS'ed on Nov.8.

                  I learned a great lesson here--in patience. And I really appreciate the people at ADE's Gun Shop for their great service.
                  Make sure to give them a little extra for their troubles.
                  Freedom isn't free...

                  sigpic

                  iTrader

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    WOODY2
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2015
                    • 1616

                    Originally posted by 1911su16b870
                    Never ever part with any firearms...unless you've traded for another one
                    Can I get an Amen?

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      SkyHawk
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 23531

                      NOTICE: NEWB BUMPED A 12YR OLD THREAD


                      Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        9Cal_OC
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Apr 2019
                        • 6703

                        Originally posted by SkyHawk
                        NOTICE: NEWB BUMPED A 12YR OLD THREAD


                        No wonder the DROS fee looked a bit weird.
                        Freedom isn't free...

                        sigpic

                        iTrader

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          sigstroker
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 19890

                          Originally posted by JeffM
                          A shop must hold HANDGUNS for 30 days prior to sale so there is time for it to be reported back as stolen.

                          Long guns do not have the same requirement.
                          In this case it's kind of stupid since the same shop sold it to him, but the law is the law.

                          In some states, just about all of them really, there is no DROS and the dealer just takes it. They probably put some kind of temporary entry in the bound book, in case the owner takes it back.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            johncage
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2018
                            • 993

                            was it a glock? if so, you made the right decision. keep it on consignment, a sucker will come by and pick it up shortly

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              SharedShots
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2021
                              • 2277

                              Doesn't matter if it's a 12 year old thread, it could happen or someone else could be inn that situation today. Most of the threads created within the last few years are all copies of threads much older or are all the how do I sell and can I do this or that or what should I buy threads all never before threads? Take all the old threads, change maybe one word in the title and post with a new date and - wait, that is just like most threads now.

                              So here goes a few suggestions (relevant even now for someone else)

                              Check the terms of the consignment. Getting it back and then re-dros doesn't make sense unless the gun is that special. Leave it there but see if the price can be such that it's equal to the price of a new one since it hasn't been fired.

                              Buy a new gun of the same model/make etc. DROS that. Leave the other as is. If it doesn't sell, now you have two. That can't be all bad.

                              A lot of times, people who get buyer's remorse who then sell and buy back end up selling it again and get hosed twice. It happens with cars more often than you think as well as a lot of other stuff.

                              It was put on consignment in haste, it then gets taken off in haste only to be sold later. Some things just work out that way.

                              If you have friends who might like such a gun, tell them it's on consignment, have them make an offer lower than asking and accept the offer - a nice way to do something for someone else. Maybe they have a family member who doesn't have a gun but would like one. There you go.




                              .
                              Let Go of the Status Quo!

                              Don't worry, it will never pass...How in the hell did that pass?

                              Think past your gun, it's the last resort, the first is your brain.

                              Defense is a losing proposition when time is on the side of the opponent. In the history of humanity, no defense has ever won against an enemy with time on their side.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Quiet
                                retired Goon
                                • Mar 2007
                                • 30242

                                Originally posted by SharedShots
                                Doesn't matter if it's a 12 year old thread, it could happen or someone else could be inn that situation today. Most of the threads created within the last few years are all copies of threads much older or are all the how do I sell and can I do this or that or what should I buy threads all never before threads? [B]Take all the old threads, change maybe one word in the title and post with a new date and - wait, that is just like most threads now.
                                What matters is laws/regulations can change over that amount of time and make posts in the thread no longer applicable because they could be incorrect in current times due to changes in laws/regulations.
                                sigpic

                                "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1