Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Gangsta gun photos? why?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Sam Hainn
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2007
    • 681

    No gang culture or life style needed in the photo if it promotes crime. I wasn't ragging on people's clothing or choice in cars. But there's a huge difference between gangs promoting crime and friends, family, and clubs that don't. I don't know of any gangs that exist to make the world a better place. It doesn't matter, I bet the people posting photos like this aren't in gangs at all, just nerds who grew up in suburbs with rich parents & private schools, sit in front of a decked out computer all day, and have a distorted view of their gun ownership. The closest they've got to a 'gang' was buying a Snoop-Dog album at the mall. Anyway... why not just show the gun? Why clutter up the photo? Putting a line of cash, pens, watches, lighters, liquor bottles, whatever, is just odd. Why not put a screwdriver, a tape measure, underwear, some used condoms, and a coffee pot in the photo too? Make as much sense.
    "No throwing live ammunition into bonfires on runs."

    Comment

    • #17
      megavolt121
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2006
      • 1561

      Originally posted by Sam Hainn
      Many people post photos online of their guns with money, liquor bottles, cigarette lighters, syringe needles, drugs, jewelry, pens, watches, knives, keychains to luxury cars, & other crap in the photo. I get the knife or gun accessories with the gun and makes sense but not needed. I also get some people want to show off their fine watch. But a .99 cent keychain is just a .99 cent key chain and cash is nothing special. Why clutter up the photo? Why imply a 'gangsta' image in some of these photos? I saw one with a mirror and lines of white powder in the photo like that was something cool.
      On that note, why is it necessary for the majority of pictures we take of guns to have knives, ammo, camo, etc in with it?

      Comment

      • #18
        30Cal
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2006
        • 1487

        When I say "gang", I mean:
        (2) : a group of persons working to unlawful or antisocial ends; especially : a band of antisocial adolescents
        An organization with a broken moral compass, that chooses to live on the margin. They elect to contribute nothing on a larger scale, and prefer to spread discordia while feuding over the scraps that trickle down from society. Short sighted and short tempered.

        It's tough to see why a decent person would choose to embrace that lifestyle.

        Ty

        Comment

        • #19
          1911su16b870
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Dec 2006
          • 7654

          Two ways out of a gang:

          1-in a box

          2-have to quit, which also could result in a box
          "Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

          NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
          GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
          Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
          I instruct it if you shoot it.

          Comment

          • #20
            ibanezfoo
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Apr 2007
            • 12392

            A related lyric from a song I love:

            "I remember when you were where you were from, and not what you saw on the television, son!"

            -Bryan
            vindicta inducit ad salutem?

            Comment

            • #21
              ts
              Banned
              • Apr 2006
              • 1232

              Originally posted by VeryCoolCat
              Can we wear bandannas with calguns logos on em

              and flash gang signs that look like receivers????

              Should we make listening to a rant by one of our more "tin foil" members the way of being "jumped in"
              Well when the OLL with the CalGuns logo comes out I will make sure to sport it on the left side.

              As far as the definition of a gang being:

              When I say "gang", I mean:
              Quote:
              (2) : a group of persons working to unlawful or antisocial ends; especially : a band of antisocial adolescents
              An organization with a broken moral compass, that chooses to live on the margin. They elect to contribute nothing on a larger scale, and prefer to spread discordia while feuding over the scraps that trickle down from society. Short sighted and short tempered.

              It's tough to see why a decent person would choose to embrace that lifestyle.

              Ty
              Reply With Quote
              Because of necessity, someone isn't going to say "Hey I have safety and everything provided for me - I am going to be set for the rest of my life. Guess I'll Join a gang!"

              When someone does not have safety, money, a good family life, a dim chance at a good future selling crack on the street doesn't seem like a bad idea. When you say a decent person, you're talking about a decent 12-13yr old. Who already had 3 friends/family members killed by bullets.

              Comment

              • #22
                Stanze
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 3301

                If you really think about it, governments act like gangs in the way that they extort and attack their own people and other "gangs".
                Constitutionally, officials cannot license or register a fundamental right.

                "It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority." - Benjamin Franklin


                "Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack." -Stanze

                Comment

                • #23
                  slick_711
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 4400

                  Originally posted by 1911su16b870
                  Two ways out of a gang:

                  1-in a box

                  2-have to quit, which also could result in a box
                  Thats a stereotype put forth by mass media, and in 90% of cases is unfounded. Unless upon your leaving you go rat the gang out or disrespect them, many modern gangs would bid you farewell and wish you good luck in the legitimate business world.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    VeryCoolCat
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Feb 2006
                    • 11275

                    Originally posted by tonyayo
                    Well when the OLL with the CalGuns logo comes out I will make sure to sport it on the left side.

                    As far as the definition of a gang being:



                    Because of necessity, someone isn't going to say "Hey I have safety and everything provided for me - I am going to be set for the rest of my life. Guess I'll Join a gang!"

                    When someone does not have safety, money, a good family life, a dim chance at a good future selling crack on the street doesn't seem like a bad idea. When you say a decent person, you're talking about a decent 12-13yr old. Who already had 3 friends/family members killed by bullets.
                    According to every group thats allied with the brady campaign.... we are defined as a gang
                    Originally posted by Kestryll
                    The volume of blood necessary to achieve erection would cause you to either pass out or if you didn't and managed to maintain an erection you would likely die from lack of oxygen to the heart and brain.
                    Originally posted by ivanimal
                    Just be glad you are not his next door neighbor. I am sure there are "good tunes" flowing out the window. I am imagining a cop car pulling up at 1:30 AM asking "Are you having a party?" and Bundo sayin "Nope just me and the BG's"

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      ts
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2006
                      • 1232

                      Originally posted by slick_711
                      Thats a stereotype put forth by mass media, and in 90% of cases is unfounded. Unless upon your leaving you go rat the gang out or disrespect them, many modern gangs would bid you farewell and wish you good luck in the legitimate business world.
                      Very true - but once you have a taste of wealth and security why would one leave that behind when they have no other skills? And if you do leave a gang and you "make it big" the general theory is you are expected to share your wealth with the rest of your homies. That is the reason why many rappers are disliked by their old gang members.

                      I do not view gangs as a negative thing. It is human nature and has been going on since the history of man kind. It is just a shame that non-gang members get caught up in acts of violence between rival gangs.

                      If it were me, I would say let all the gang members kill each other without fear of prosecution. The killer of the gang member would then be killed, and then that killer will then be killed and so on. Only bring the law into it when an innocent person is killed by a stray bullet.

                      Another good idea would be to crack down on the drug users instead of the drug dealers. Drug dealers are constantly looking over there shoulder knowing that it is just a matter of time they get caught. Drug users do not have that fear, they just want to get high - take away the clientele and the market goes soft. Look at prohibition for example.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Phil Bole
                        Junior Member
                        • Nov 2006
                        • 47

                        Not saying it's right, personally I detest it as well, the whole hip hop lifestyle really
                        I'm sure the hip hop world is devastated by your lack of moral support
                        Personally I detest the whole Lawrence Welk culture.....

                        I too have observed a lot of "gang bashing" on this forum
                        One dude said he wouldn't shop at a certain gun store because he saw some guy with tattoos in a wheelchair allegedly trying to get his GF to buy him a gun

                        using the word "clip" and "Glock deuce deuce" or "Glock Fo-tay,"
                        We got people going on rampages at universities and you are worried about someone saying "clip"?
                        What's wrong with calling it a Glock Deuce Deuce??
                        How does that affect your daily life???
                        You don't hear me getting all riled because some guy from the rural south says "The deer was 24 FOOT away" instead of 24 FEET
                        I'm sorry to hear that hip hop slang so adversely affects your life

                        I guess you can spend your whole life moving to the other side of the street everytime someone with a shaved head and tattoos walks by........

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          tankerman
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 24240

                          Originally posted by tonyayo

                          When someone does not have safety, money, a good family life, a dim chance at a good future selling crack on the street doesn't seem like a bad idea. When you say a decent person, you're talking about a decent 12-13yr old. Who already had 3 friends/family members killed by bullets.
                          Shot with bullets, killed by a person.
                          Ask the bullets why they killed that person. I am curious to hear the response.
                          A weak attempt at emotional appeal.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            radioactivelego
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2005
                            • 659

                            No love for the e-thug?!

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Charliegone
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 6104

                              Originally posted by Sam Hainn
                              LOL!!

                              Word to your mother!



                              Girl you know it's true!

                              Ughhhmm...Sorry threw up a little in MY MOUTH!


                              I will vote for a donkey-sex maniac if he's pro-gun.
                              -BWiese

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                StevieG
                                Member
                                • Apr 2007
                                • 440

                                I can`t believe that some of the posters here are defending gangs and their subhuman "culture". Ganbangers are mindless cretins PERIOD.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1