Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

is a gun worth more IF

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Rob454
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Feb 2006
    • 11254

    Originally posted by Merc1138
    LOL, what did he do, drop it from a skyscraper? Even if it was "pot metal", to think it would somehow break from a fall of what, 4ft maybe 5ft? Is ridiculous. Sounds more like gunstore BS because they wanted you to buy something else.
    Oh he had a very very nice kimber 45 that he was showing me. Ill buy you lunch if you can guess the gunshop

    Comment

    • #17
      Black Majik
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2005
      • 9695

      Originally posted by Rob454
      Oh he had a very very nice kimber 45 that he was showing me. Ill buy you lunch if you can guess the gunshop
      The Stockade?

      Comment

      • #18
        Z ME FLY
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2008
        • 6590

        Some guns that are off roster go for a bit more because people are willing to pay the price for it.

        XDMs go for $900 here
        Ruger LCP $500-600
        Originally posted by 69Mach1
        The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

        Originally posted by 69Mach1
        Z gets around. lol

        Comment

        • #19
          WILDMAN442
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2010
          • 1665

          Originally posted by Black Majik
          The gun is worth more once it's posted in Calguns classifieds.
          Yeah no kidding.....

          Justin
          Originally posted by MHShooter
          The whole time I was thinking "perfect calguns story"

          Comment

          • #20
            Rob454
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Feb 2006
            • 11254

            Originally posted by Black Majik
            The Stockade?
            Close

            Turners FV

            Comment

            • #21
              IrishPirate
              Calguns Addict
              • Aug 2009
              • 6390

              Originally posted by Mikeb
              If it's not on the "Roster" it means the gun is not safe in the hands of ordinary citizens. It is only safe in the hands of Law Enforcement Officers. It should probably be melted down...
              For the children...
              Mike
              actually it means the state hasn't gotten it's extremely large amount of money from the manufacturer yet, so that makes it not safe and should be melted down....
              sigpic
              Most civilization is based on cowardice. It's so easy to civilize by teaching cowardice. You water down the standards which would lead to bravery. You restrain the will. You regulate the appetites. You fence in the horizons. You make a law for every movement. You deny the existence of chaos. You teach even the children to breathe slowly. You tame.
              People Should Not Be Afraid Of Their Governments, Governments Should Be Afraid Of Their People

              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

              Comment

              • #22
                bsg
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2009
                • 25954

                supply and demand; if the gun has high demand and the government makes it more difficult to obtain, with the result being reduced supply... the value goes up.

                -Brady

                Comment

                • #23
                  bigthaiboy
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 4795

                  Originally posted by Rob454
                  I wasnt planning on selling it. its the first handgun I ever bought when i turned 21. I knew it was old Im not planning on selling it simply because it is accurate, and its never given me a problem. yeah its heavy but i actually like heavier guns. I don't care for the plastic framed guns. I like metal frames.

                  i did have a guy at a gun store tell me that his dad dropped a Ruger and broke the frame on it cause it was pot metal. i just said yeah ok. I never had a problem with mine.
                  The P85 has an investment cast aluminum frame. Aluminum tough stuff, but will break if enough force is applied to it. It's certainly not pot metal.

                  Life can make you do many things, even kiss a man with a runny nose.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Rob454
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Feb 2006
                    • 11254

                    Originally posted by bigthaiboy
                    The P85 has an investment cast aluminum frame. Aluminum tough stuff, but will break if enough force is applied to it. It's certainly not pot metal.
                    yeah I know its not pot metal lol. Just the audacity of people and the way they trash talk guns simply to make a sale is astounding to me. I mean seriously the guy said it was dropped off a counter and it broke? Please. I understand people don't like Rugers but don't blow smoke up my butt to make a sale. i woudl of bought the Kimber but as soon as that BS started flowing out of the 'salesmans" ( he was maybe 19) mouth It completely turned me off from any purchases.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Greg-Dawg
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2006
                      • 7793

                      This is not on the list either...and it's mine!

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Z ME FLY
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Mar 2008
                        • 6590

                        Originally posted by Rob454
                        yeah I know its not pot metal lol. Just the audacity of people and the way they trash talk guns simply to make a sale is astounding to me. I mean seriously the guy said it was dropped off a counter and it broke? Please. I understand people don't like Rugers but don't blow smoke up my butt to make a sale. i woudl of bought the Kimber but as soon as that BS started flowing out of the 'salesmans" ( he was maybe 19) mouth It completely turned me off from any purchases.
                        Really? I can't believe someone would say that! Most definitely some FUD going on there.

                        I've heard strange things @ FFLs before but never that one.
                        Originally posted by 69Mach1
                        The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

                        Originally posted by 69Mach1
                        Z gets around. lol

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Rob454
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Feb 2006
                          • 11254

                          Originally posted by Z ME FLY
                          Really? I can't believe someone would say that! Most definitely some FUD going on there.

                          I've heard strange things @ FFLs before but never that one.
                          LOl yeah my buddy who was with me just started giggling and shaking his head.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            n556
                            Member
                            • May 2009
                            • 196

                            How about a Cobray PM11?

                            Originally posted by RobG
                            Sometimes. A Python, unlisted HK's, older Smith revos, for sure. A P85, no.




                            Heck yes! Especially when its brand new, um, er, minus those 200 rounds "just to try it out."

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Turbinator
                              Administrator
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 11962

                              Originally posted by bsg
                              supply and demand; if the gun has high demand and the government makes it more difficult to obtain, with the result being reduced supply... the value goes up.
                              This right here is the answer. ONLY if there is demand for the item, will it be worth something. People must be willing to pay the price in order for something to be valuable.

                              Turby

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1