Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Gun's N stuff surprises me again...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Sky_DiveR
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 3017

    Originally posted by Turbinator
    Why oh why do people continue to patronize this store?

    Turby
    Sometimes that is where the seller wants to do a FTF. Went there for my first time and NOBODY said anything to me for almost an hour. I even said "Hi" to one of the managers... When I went outside and came back in with a 10/22 (after I checked it out with the seller), they IMMEDIATELY stopped me at the front door and said I must check it in at the front counter. Even tho I had a gun lock in it with the bolt open, the counter person had to look it over and then put blue masking tape over the muzzle to "make it safe" and handed it back to me.

    I did ask the help what section XXX of the Ca penal code on the card with the questions was referring to... and talk about fumble... He looked at the card 3 times and then said that it was self-explanatory.

    Comment

    • #17
      cortayack
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 1758

      I only buy primers there......Unless I would never go there....

      Comment

      • #18
        rolo
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2006
        • 1137

        Originally posted by mdouglas1980
        I heard it was somebody from Vallejo or something but I had no idea that they committed suicide there. This makes me not want to go to the range at all
        There isn't a range in this state, indoor or out, that hasn't had a suicide at least once, some at least once a year. It goes with the territory.

        Comment

        • #19
          JDay
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Nov 2008
          • 19393

          Originally posted by xounlistedxox
          Apparently there was a suicide down in the range area not too long ago and the owner is such a d-bag that he made a new employee go clean it up. No proper hazmat clean-up at all.
          That doesn't make sense, the sheriffs department usually calls in a cleanup crew once the investigation is done.
          Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

          The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

          Comment

          • #20
            wooger
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Nov 2006
            • 1380

            I guess I've been lucky, I have done three PPT's there and received nothing but good service and a quick turnaround. As far as black rifle stuff goes they are far behind but the relative lack of knowledge concerning firearms in general is comparable to most other gunstores.
            Last edited by wooger; 12-24-2009, 6:42 AM.
            vatr slapn

            Comment

            • #21
              rrr70
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2008
              • 1832

              They told me that SKS' are illegal.
              "The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory" Jeff Cooper

              sigpic

              Comment

              • #22
                xounlistedxox
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 2633

                JDay: that's what I thought as well. And with something like blood/brains I would have thought there would be some law about hazmat having to clean it up etc... I mean what if the guy had AIDS, or something and the new kid contracted it because he had no idea how to properly clean it up without exposing himself?

                All this info comes from a personal friend of mine that used to work there. He was there on the day it happened and saw all of the aftermath personally.
                NO, I'm not interested in your body armor, do not reach out.

                Comment

                • #23
                  dando
                  Member
                  • Aug 2009
                  • 134

                  Just accept them for what they are and be glad they are in business. Too few gun shops in business in California as it is...

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    xounlistedxox
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2009
                    • 2633

                    I agree there are to few firearms shops in CA, but that doesn't mean I'm giong to patronize shops that have poor customer service, bad attitudes, poor business practices, lack of product knowledge, misunderstnding of CA law... etc.

                    There is a shop here in sac that has better prices than just about everyone else, but I won't shop there at all because of my very first experience there. I purchased my very first pistol there over 10 years ago and have not been back since and I don't plan on returning. Since then I've spent over $20,000 on firearms and related firearms products that they have missed out on because of their own poor practices. I could say the same about Guns Fishing and Other Stuff.
                    NO, I'm not interested in your body armor, do not reach out.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Res
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2006
                      • 1633

                      Originally posted by rrr70
                      They told me that SKS' are illegal.
                      lmao, That's pretty ironic.

                      OP: Did they have any more Yugo SKS' for sale?
                      --------------------------------------------
                      Dusty Miller
                      Sacramento

                      Matthew Jackson Miller: 8-6-07 to 10-15-07
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        w55
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2008
                        • 2438

                        My last PPT was a breeze, there are a few guys that are really nice and actually like working there. And there are some others that are not friendly at all. I think they are way behind with OLL stuff though. But so are quite a few shops.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          mdouglas1980
                          Senior Member
                          • Jul 2008
                          • 871

                          what is an OP? Is that me? original poster? pardon my ignorance that's a new one for me lol

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            RobG
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 4887

                            I have been multiple times without issue. Their gun prices are too high but, I only buy incidentals and ammo. I also do not go in and start asking about OLL stuff because I know thats not their deal. Some people like to go in there and stir up some s%^t by asking about OLL stuff just so they can come back with how they are legal and whatever.

                            They are also one of the only places around I can get stuff for duck season instead of Cabelas. Their steel shot is actually cheaper than Cabelas.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              NorCalMama
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Nov 2009
                              • 2970

                              Originally posted by xounlistedxox
                              I agree there are to few firearms shops in CA, but that doesn't mean I'm giong to patronize shops that have poor customer service, bad attitudes, poor business practices, lack of product knowledge, misunderstnding of CA law... etc.

                              There is a shop here in sac that has better prices than just about everyone else, but I won't shop there at all because of my very first experience there. I purchased my very first pistol there over 10 years ago and have not been back since and I don't plan on returning. Since then I've spent over $20,000 on firearms and related firearms products that they have missed out on because of their own poor practices. I could say the same about Guns Fishing and Other Stuff.
                              Yep! I know I posted this in the range "horror stories" section, but wanted to reinforce what you said about their "customer service". My husband called them to get a quote over the phone for the OD Glock G19. The jerk from the store tells him they won't quote over the phone. My husband tells the guy we're from Sac and asked if we would have to drive all the way to Vacaville just to find out the price of the gun. The guy told him, "Yep". Needless to say, we ordered my gun elsewhere. Those jerks will NEVER get any business from us.
                              Originally posted by ChrisTKHarris
                              I'm not a big fan of VAG.
                              Originally posted by M. Sage
                              Testicles of steel, bladder of titanium.
                              Originally posted by bruceflinch
                              F the World Bank
                              F the UN &
                              F Obama


                              Sacramento Community Chapter Social Group... Join Here!

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                RobG
                                Veteran Member
                                • Dec 2006
                                • 4887

                                Originally posted by NorCalMama
                                Yep! I know I posted this in the range "horror stories" section, but wanted to reinforce what you said about their "customer service". My husband called them to get a quote over the phone for the OD Glock G19. The jerk from the store tells him they won't quote over the phone. My husband tells the guy we're from Sac and asked if we would have to drive all the way to Vacaville just to find out the price of the gun. The guy told him, "Yep". Needless to say, we ordered my gun elsewhere. Those jerks will NEVER get any business from us.
                                Call up the majority of shops and you will get the same thing. RCGE is my fav store and one of the most celebrated here on CG and they don't quote over the phone.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1