Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone here know why it isn't allowed to rapid Fire at ranges?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Clayface
    Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 260

    Anyone here know why it isn't allowed to rapid Fire at ranges?

    I have always wondered that and I always laugh when I hear the noobs getting yelled at over the loud speaker and everyone Stares. Ha.
    But seriously , why are you not allow to.
  • #2
    technique
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2008
    • 10639

    Because some people are dumb and dumb people **** things up for the rest of us.
    California Uber Alles, California Uber Alles
    Uber Alles California, Uber Alles California

    I am Governor Jerry Brown, My aura smiles and never frowns, Soon I will be President...

    Comment

    • #3
      sorensen440
      Calguns Addict
      • Mar 2007
      • 8612

      look at the ceilings of even the ranges that dont allow it and you will see why
      "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

      Comment

      • #4
        Black Majik
        Calguns Addict
        • Oct 2005
        • 9695

        Also people who don't know how to shoot controlled pairs or even accurately double tap end up shooting the target hangers or wires.

        And yes, the walls, floors, ceilings and even the lane dividers all have holes in them. On ranges with the 1 shot per second rule.

        Comment

        • #5
          Beelzy
          Calguns Addict
          • Apr 2008
          • 9225

          Because people sometimes can't multi-task well.......and face it, rapid fire is the ultimate Multi-tasking situation.
          "I kill things for a living, don't make yourself one of them"

          Comment

          • #6
            Corbin Dallas
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • May 2006
            • 6369

            Yup. 99% of shooters cannot control their weapon past a single shot. Forget doubles, pairs or rapid fire.
            NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor: Pistol - Rifle - Shotgun - PPITH - PPOTH - NRA Certified RSO

            WTB the following - in San Diego
            --Steyr M357A1 357SIG
            --Five Seven IOM (round trigger guard)

            Never forget - השואה... לעולם לא עוד.

            Comment

            • #7
              wash
              Calguns Addict
              • Aug 2007
              • 9011

              Some ranges allow it for members.

              One time I was at Reeds when someone did some rapid fire. I was in the showroom portion of the place and my head turned around real quick. It's alarming when you're not expecting it. There are some people dumb enough to try and hold up a gun store and for a second I thought that might be happening.

              If you're not a jerk, some places with those rules will let you try a double tap if you ask nicely.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by oaklander
              Dear Kevin,

              You suck!!! Your are wrong!!! Stop it!!!
              Proud CGF and CGN donor. SAF life member. Former CRPA member. Gpal beta tester (it didn't work). NRA member.

              Comment

              • #8
                ar15barrels
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2006
                • 57182

                If you want to shoot fast, get into competetive shooting.
                We don't limit how fast you can shoot as long as you are hitting what you are aiming at.

                Randall Rausch

                AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                Comment

                • #9
                  shooting4life
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 5770

                  Jackson Arms in SSF lets you do rapid fire on full size targets. It helps if you don't look like a hoodlum and hold your gun side ways though.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    cmonk518
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 152

                    Originally posted by technique
                    Because some people are dumb and dumb people **** things up for the rest of us.
                    HAHA couldn't agree more! During regular business hours, it has nothing to do with safety, technical, or liability issues since I know afterhours, private training, LE/Military training, etc., they will blast away like crazy on their own ranges, even sometimes with automatic weapons when dealing with SWAT or other direct action units.

                    Like the excuses they give at Angeles Range why you can't rapid fire, they will list off a myriad of reasons why its dangerous for both them, facility, and civilian us. But when crazy units like FBI SWAT or HRT shoot there with their select fire 10mm MP5s and M4s, they won't say a thing when firing tri-bursts and fully auto. The range can somehow take it when they are there but not for us!! =)

                    I'm sure it also doesn't help when owners of ranges can see bullet holes in the floor, walls, target holder, roof, etc. places where bullets should definitely not be!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Rekrab
                      Valar Dohaeris
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • May 2009
                      • 5534

                      Nothing freaks me out more than looking at some of the bullet hols in the bench behind the shooting line. o.O
                      Beretta PX4 Storm .40 S&W (Round Count 3,050) | Yugo M72 | Romy M44

                      Big Ammo Sale!
                      Harris Bipod and Bushnell Elite 3200 Scope for Sale

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        IsaacGlass
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 2009
                        • 2591

                        Originally posted by shooting4life
                        Jackson Arms in SSF lets you do rapid fire on full size targets. It helps if you don't look like a hoodlum and hold your gun side ways though.
                        That's 50% of their clients j/k!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          KylaGWolf
                          Senior Member
                          • Jul 2008
                          • 1698

                          The ones that bother me the most are the ones in the middle of the dividers about head level or thoracic area.
                          "I declare to you that women must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand." Susan B. Anthony

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            tuolumnejim
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jun 2008
                            • 11199

                            It scares FUD's.
                            In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
                            Publius Cornelius Scipio

                            Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.
                            ― Thomas Jefferson

                            Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
                            John Adams

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Desert_Rat
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2007
                              • 2289

                              My son and I did some sort of "talking guns" excersize a while back at an out door range,,,it went like this Me w/AR and Son w/AK pop pop clang clang pop pop clang clang pop pop clang clang pop pop clang clang pop pop clang clang pop pop clang clang pop pop clang clang pop pop clang clang pop pop clang clang....... Then someone up at the counter Yells "Hell ya Get some!"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1