Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Downsides to CA M18?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Elysium
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2012
    • 820

    Originally posted by Scratch705
    Thanks for the tips. I'll look into it. Either buying the slide off EBay or buying the kit or any of the other choices.

    I got time to look and wait for deals.

    Scratch, if eBay is too sketchy. The folks at AB Prototype are legit. They used to be in San Diego until legislation got tough.

    Firearms, Guns, P320 Parts Kits, 2011, Gunsmith, Ammunition, SIG Sauer, 80% Firearms, AR-15, Glock, CZ, 1911DW, HK, FN, Keltec, Ruger, S&W and more


    Good luck with search.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment

    • #17
      JohnnyDangerously
      King of all Slackers
      CGN Contributor
      • Nov 2018
      • 496

      Originally posted by kingransom
      After tax in dros it's over $900 at my LGS. Hard pass
      I got mine for approximately $818 OTD at Bass Pro Shop in San Jose. They have a bunch in stock right now.

      Comment

      • #18
        BajaJames83
        Calguns Addict
        • Jun 2011
        • 6043

        no downside.

        Can be found pretty easily under $700
        Optic ready
        Modular
        Manual safety is easily removed if not desired
        Magazine disconnect is easily removed if not desired.
        Last edited by BajaJames83; 10-09-2023, 9:21 AM.
        NRA Endowment Life Member
        USMC 2001-2012

        Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

        John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
        James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

        Comment

        • #19
          Elysium
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2012
          • 820

          Originally posted by plinker202020



          Looking good. How does it shoot? I quite like the P320.

          Ran flawless. 5 ft, 10 ft, 15 ft




          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment

          • #20
            plinker202020
            Senior Member
            • May 2020
            • 809

            I ended up canceling the order. I think I would rather spend the money on ammo than yet another 9mm.
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #21
              Elysium
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2012
              • 820

              Originally posted by plinker202020
              I ended up canceling the order. I think I would rather spend the money on ammo than yet another 9mm.

              Lots of M18 - CA versions flowing into the state. There will be some good deals in the CG marketplace for lightly users ones and big sales at big box stores once the initial wave dies down.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment

              • #22
                tuna quesadilla
                Calguns Addict
                • Apr 2006
                • 5147

                Originally posted by D.A.V.I.D.
                Biggest downside is it?s a sig p320.
                No doubt. It's super cool to see a modern handgun get added to the roster, but yeah lol.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Zenderfall
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2017
                  • 600

                  Originally posted by Elysium
                  Ran flawless. 5 ft, 10 ft, 15 ft
                  Do you mean yards and not feet? 5 ft distance is super close, and 15 ft is only 5 yards, which I would consider close.
                  NRA Pistol/Rifle Instructor
                  CADOJ Certified Instructor
                  NRA Pistol/Rimfire Rifle Distinguished Expert
                  NRA RSO, IDPA Safety Officer
                  NRA & CRPA Member
                  Veteran, 1994-1998

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    sumdood
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2008
                    • 1102

                    ^^^yeah, terrible groupings if only feet away.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      SenorBandito
                      Junior Member
                      • Dec 2022
                      • 55

                      Downsides of the CA320:
                      Single shot, which may not qualify as your ccw apparently according to some
                      Spending extra time/money at a pawnshop to register the gun as semi-auto
                      NO MAGAZINES
                      Potential resale value loss(?)

                      because of these reasons, I decided to go with the M18. Mainly because of the mags. When considering the costs between both, consider that you'll be down 3 costly original factory mags when getting the CA320, plus a new grip module if you want to seriously shoot it. So it'll end up costing more than you think.

                      The upgraded trigger and better optic mount is a nice touch, but you can always change triggers anyway.... same with the slide on the m18, or go with a red dot that has an integrated rear sight. Or so I hear.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Elysium
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 820

                        Downsides to CA M18?

                        Originally posted by sumdood
                        ^^^yeah, terrible groupings if only feet away.

                        Thanks sumdood. I?ll work on it.

                        Glad to place my targets out there in public. But everyone on Calguns is Jerry Miculek all of a sudden.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Elysium; 10-13-2023, 7:39 PM.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Scratch705
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • May 2009
                          • 12537

                          i forgot about the whole magazine thing when deciding between the ca320 vs m18.

                          It is true that the m8 w/ the 3 mags means it is already $120 ahead of the ca320 then add in the module that is another $60-$80 saved. So overall a $180-$200 discount vs ca320.

                          That is pretty significant.
                          Originally posted by leelaw
                          Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
                          Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
                          Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
                          Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
                          Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1