Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Downsides to CA M18?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • plinker202020
    Senior Member
    • May 2020
    • 809

    Downsides to CA M18?

    I jumped on the CA M18 bandwagon the other day when a FFL got some in. I bought one when I got an email alert but haven’t gone in yet.

    I’m starting to wonder if I actually want it. I already have the CA P320 (no longer single shot) and I’m starting to think I might be better off getting another one of those rather than branching off to the M18.

    I read somewhere that the mags are not necessarily compatible, but that doesn’t sound right. Is it? Would I need to change the grip to ensure mag compatibility?

    There was also something about issues with the rear iron sight if you get a red dot.

    Are there a lot of differences between the CA P320 and the CA M18?
    Last edited by plinker202020; 10-07-2023, 3:42 PM.
    sigpic
  • #2
    deckhandmike
    Calguns Addict
    • Jan 2011
    • 8325

    I?d say the biggest difference is it?s a hell of a lot more unlikely you can add a CA320 to your ccw. I?d go a different direction and build a x5. I just ordered a x5 kit for my m18.

    Comment

    • #3
      Russian Bot
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2021
      • 521

      M18 uses full sized mags, so any compatability issues would be if your using compact mags. As far as the "issue" of irons when you get a red dot is that the rear sight does get removed.
      Keep in mind as stated above the CA320 is on some IA's no list due to starting out life as a single shot.

      Comment

      • #4
        Elysium
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2012
        • 820

        Downsides to CA M18?

        Sig made a great decision with choosing the M18 to place on roster. It?s a great baseline.

        Not many guns out there comes optics ready, with three magazines, manual safety, color other than black, and night sights all in one package.

        The modularity and parts are amazing. Here is my M-18-CA. Removed the safety, removed the magazine disconnect, replaced the trigger with a skeletal flat trigger, and x-compact grip in 10 minutes.






        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Elysium; 10-07-2023, 10:25 PM.

        Comment

        • #5
          D.A.V.I.D.
          ——
          CGN Contributor
          • Apr 2015
          • 1876

          Biggest downside is it’s a sig p320.

          Comment

          • #6
            plinker202020
            Senior Member
            • May 2020
            • 809




            Looking good. How does it shoot? I quite like the P320.
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              Elysium
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2012
              • 820

              Originally posted by plinker202020



              Looking good. How does it shoot? I quite like the P320.

              I?ll take her out next week and report back. It was a rough week last week.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment

              • #8
                Scratch705
                I need a LIFE!!
                • May 2009
                • 12537

                Im trying to find a x5 slide... But with it being discontinued so damn hard. And i dont really like most of the aftermarket slides cause they are way to flashy with the slide cuts or crazy angled serrations/designs.

                Why so hard to find a simple 5 inch slide with optic cut....
                Originally posted by leelaw
                Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
                Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
                Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
                Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
                Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

                Comment

                • #9
                  Scope2x
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 526

                  The X5 slide is not discontinued. You have to purchase the Exchange Kit to get it

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Scratch705
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • May 2009
                    • 12537

                    since I dont want the xchange kit I just want the slide it is unavailable to buy.
                    Originally posted by leelaw
                    Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
                    Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
                    Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
                    Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
                    Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Dribear
                      Member
                      • Jul 2017
                      • 387

                      Buy the xchange kit and sell the rest?
                      Originally posted by Scratch705
                      since I dont want the xchange kit I just want the slide it is unavailable to buy.
                      Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        deckhandmike
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jan 2011
                        • 8325

                        Originally posted by Scratch705
                        since I dont want the xchange kit I just want the slide it is unavailable to buy.
                        It?s called eBay. Takes about 5 seconds to find one. The smart move would be to buy the kit and flip the frame.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Elysium
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2012
                          • 820

                          Originally posted by Scope2x
                          The X5 slide is not discontinued. You have to purchase the Exchange Kit to get it




                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Scratch705
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • May 2009
                            • 12537

                            Thanks for the tips. I'll look into it. Either buying the slide off EBay or buying the kit or any of the other choices.

                            I got time to look and wait for deals.
                            Originally posted by leelaw
                            Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
                            Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
                            Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
                            Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
                            Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Maulerrr
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Oct 2016
                              • 2058

                              Biggest downside? The cost of magazines!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1