Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Shooting near Temecula area

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Mister BLASTEE
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2008
    • 754

    I really need to check that place out. My and my buddies want to test out a 30-06. Hopefully soon!

    Comment

    • #17
      Jn316
      Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 360

      Originally posted by zman
      I believe they have changed that rule for 2009. (e.g. if you joined today, you're good till August 2010.

      They are open 365 days a year. You get a code for the gate when the Range Master is not there.
      +1 for Zman hes got it right

      Comment

      • #18
        cindynles
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 2806

        Originally posted by Agustav
        I've been to this place! and was told by the park ranger that I can't shoot there around this time of the year due to fire danger... Place was littered with lots of trash tho!
        Yeah it is pretty trashed, I was thinking of setting up a range clean up for the place. There is a C&R transfer station right off of 371 to get rid of the trash. It might earn us some good will with the rangers if we let them know calguns members are cleaning the area up.
        "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin,1759

        Comment

        • #19
          forgiven
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2008
          • 5214

          Originally posted by cindynles
          The closest place I know of around here where you can shoot for free is the San Bernardino National Forest out by Anza off the 371. Of course its closed to shooting this time of year because of the fire danger. You will probably wind up spending more in gas to drive out there and back than the membership to Rainbow would cost you.
          Been there lots of times. Always prefer the forest because your free. Besides, if some a-hole gives you a problem just shoot and bury.

          Comment

          • #20
            cindynles
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 2806

            Originally posted by forgiven
            Been there lots of times. Always prefer the forest because your free.
            Cheap but not free, you have to buy a National Forest Adventure Pass for $5. The rangers out there are pretty cool too. I have never had any of them give me any hassle, just checks for the adventure pass on the dash of the truck.
            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin,1759

            Comment

            • #21
              tazmanian devil dog
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2008
              • 1304

              I've taken my boys shooting at the Cleveland National Forest. The ranger is right, the windy BUMPY AS HELL road up to the shooting area takes at least 45 minutes. Once there though, it is very much worthwhile.

              Comment

              • #22
                forgiven
                Calguns Addict
                • May 2008
                • 5214

                Originally posted by cindynles
                Cheap but not free, you have to buy a National Forest Adventure Pass for $5. The rangers out there are pretty cool too. I have never had any of them give me any hassle, just checks for the adventure pass on the dash of the truck.
                Thought they did away with the nazi pass. I haven't been asked, probably for a couple years now.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Bopper
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Jul 2008
                  • 711

                  A calgunner range cleanup day is a good idea if it opens the area back up to calguns shooters.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    cryoguy
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 865

                    Originally posted by mgbebout
                    May have been a member locking the gate. They were friendly to me when I was checking them out. I''ve been a member for a month or so. You can come as my guest sometime if you want to shoot and check it out before signing up.
                    Thank you I appreciate the offer, and I might take you up on that. It will probably be next month due to me already scheduled for American shooting center this month. The wife is an anti gun nazi.... And I'm in the Marines... Go figure huh. Thanks again...
                    sigpic



                    Ruger KSR9 9mm
                    Remington 870 Wingmaster 16Ga

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      cryoguy
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 865

                      Originally posted by cryoguy
                      This is the letter I received from the local BLM office Ranger Rep. I hope this clears up any confusion about shooting near Temecula. At the least there is a contact number to call and ask questions.


                      Sir,

                      By way of introduction I am the Temecula resident ranger for the Bureau of Land Management.

                      I was asked to respond to this e-mail regarding shooting areas in the Temecula area. Unfortunately there are no shooting areas on public lands close to Temecula. The closest shooting area to Temecula was shut down several years ago due to reckless/irresponsible shooters. The public lands in the Temecula area are too small to accommodate recreational shooting especially by shooters using handguns and rifles.

                      The only shooting area I have in my area is in the ******************************************** The shooting area is heavily used by a lot of people so don't be surprised if someone is using it. The shooting area is trashed with numerous shotgun rounds and debris that people have shot at over the years. That is the only shooting area on public lands in my area. Much of Riverside County has restrictions against shooting, I would also talk with the Sheriffs Dept.

                      Art Tracey
                      Sr. BLM Ranger
                      Temecula Resident Ranger
                      (760) 831-7751 Cell phone
                      Thank you fellow calgunners for the posting info. My apologies.
                      sigpic



                      Ruger KSR9 9mm
                      Remington 870 Wingmaster 16Ga

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        cindynles
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 2806

                        Originally posted by mgbebout
                        A calgunner range cleanup day is a good idea if it opens the area back up to calguns shooters.
                        It's not closed because of the condition, its closed because of the fire conditions. I do worry that it might get closed down in the future though because of the condition its in. Every time I go there I always pick up after myself and then haul out as much other stuff as I can.

                        I'll start a thread on in the range clean up section and see how much interest there is.
                        "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin,1759

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          covertcombatant
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 1309

                          We should see if we can clean it up while it is closed down.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            cryoguy
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 865

                            I will keep an eye out for it cindynles. lets see if we winn the hearts and minds of the park rangers around here. It looks to me that there are a lot of calgunners in the Temecula/Murrieta area that need an economical area to shoot. Lets pull together and see what we can accomplish.
                            sigpic



                            Ruger KSR9 9mm
                            Remington 870 Wingmaster 16Ga

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              MKT
                              Member
                              • Dec 2007
                              • 118

                              Originally posted by zman
                              I believe they have changed that rule for 2009. (e.g. if you joined today, you're good till August 2010.

                              They are open 365 days a year. You get a code for the gate when the Range Master is not there.
                              Yep, it runs in 12 month increments now rather than ending 12/31 as in years past. The only other requirement is NRA membership. IIRC they have membership forms in the office (trailer/hooch) and you can join/pay on the spot.

                              They aren't open 365, they are open 364 - closed on Christmas.

                              I don't know if they stopped the 150 yard rifle. Used to be if you gave advance notice, they would shut down the shotgun range and there was a 150 yard rifle range. But is is/was "by appointment only".

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Bopper
                                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                                CGN Contributor
                                • Jul 2008
                                • 711

                                Originally posted by MKT
                                Yep, it runs in 12 month increments now rather than ending 12/31 as in years past. The only other requirement is NRA membership. IIRC they have membership forms in the office (trailer/hooch) and you can join/pay on the spot.

                                They aren't open 365, they are open 364 - closed on Christmas.

                                I don't know if they stopped the 150 yard rifle. Used to be if you gave advance notice, they would shut down the shotgun range and there was a 150 yard rifle range. But is is/was "by appointment only".
                                I asked about the 150 yard rifle when I signed up and was told it is no longer available. I was there years ago when it was in use. It's a little unnerving to hear a rifle go off behind you and a bullet go past you.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1