Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What is your least reliable gun?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • AEC1
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2008
    • 1659

    Sterling arms 22 pocket pistol I got from my Grandfather when he died. I will never get rid of it. But I don't shoot it much eather.
    Land of the Free BECAUSE of the brave.


    Originally posted by HondaMasterTech
    So far, I've had six beers, four redbulls, eight twinkies and I'm REALLY afraid to fart!

    Comment

    • bohoki
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2006
      • 20826

      Originally posted by B.D.Dubloon
      I also have an old AR-7 which is a constant disappointment. However, I am also cursed to own a Stoeger .22 Luger, which is hands down the worst gun ever mass produced. It wouldn't be right to call it unreliable, because it is very reliable: it jams ALL THE TIME!
      mine works well how is yours jamming ? bolt overs,mush bullet high? mush bullet low,no eject?

      is you magazine a white follower or green follower?

      Comment

      • Hunt
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2009
        • 4833

        amt .45 back up total pos doesn't work at all
        Protect public lands access http://www.backcountryhunters.org/

        Comment

        • snaks
          Junior Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 22

          I admit that I'm another victim of the P22... Unless I am shooting CCI.

          Comment

          • bsg
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2009
            • 25954

            i wish i could contribute to this thread, or do i? i am happy with all my w german sigs.

            Comment

            • tamalpias
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2009
              • 1984

              my only problematic gun is my Baretta 21 bobcat in 22lr. That thing stove pipes or have feed failures all the time. I don't think I have ever shot a complete magazine with it without having some issues. and no it is not a limp wrist issue because even my friends who shot it would encounter the same issue. :-?

              Comment

              • Stanze
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 3301

                Originally posted by blackberg
                Glock 17 with the AA 22lr conversion, only because it is so picky on the ammo.
                But its only like that on the range,


                -bb
                That's why I'm hesistant to get a .22LR conversion kit for my G17. It never jams unless you limp-wrist it. It'd weird me out mentally even if it jammed a lot with the conversion kit on.

                My least reliable gun is my 10/22, but hey! It's a .22!
                Constitutionally, officials cannot license or register a fundamental right.

                "It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority." - Benjamin Franklin


                "Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack." -Stanze

                Comment

                • ENTHUSIAST
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 4440

                  The ones I have sold...

                  Comment

                  • tuna quesadilla
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 5147

                    Ruger 10/22. If I don't keep it spotlessly clean and very well oiled, it starts to jam BAD with any ammo. All of my other firearms work 100% regardless of how dirty they are.

                    Comment

                    • johnthomas
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 7001

                      HR 22 cal revolver, wont shoot all the rounds on the first rotation, have to keep pulling the trigger, kind of like a gift when it fires.
                      I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

                      Comment

                      • Argonaut
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 1352

                        Least reliable

                        Originally posted by spegull03
                        its only about 6 months old, and happens with both the stock 28" barrel and the 18.5" mossberg-made 870 barrel. Trap loads, buckshot, slugs, it doesnt matter.
                        That does not make sense. If it is "locked" the extractor has a hold of the rim of the shell correctly. or it would open the action and not extract the shell. My "New" HD 870 did it once the first time out at the skeet range but when we finally got it open it had ripped a piece off the shell rim the size of the extractor. I had not thoroughly cleaned the gun before we shot it. When We got home we scrubbed and polished the chamber and have not had a problem since. Each barrel has it's own "chamber" so it is not logical that it would happen with both barrels. There is more to the story............How do you get it open after it locks?

                        Comment

                        • Ike Arumba
                          Member
                          • Apr 2009
                          • 302

                          Here are some pix of my PPK, in case someone can help me fix its jamming problem. The first one shows the status right after I slingshotted the slide. The slide can't close because the case mouth is hung up on the point of the slide holdback lever. The case mouth is also visibly gounged from this having occurred before with the same round. The second picture shows the stripped gun. Note how pointed the holdback lever's protrusion is. The third image shows the lever's point being lifted by the mag's follower. It would appear that the upper rear face of that point may have been ground a little bit. Does this all appear usual for a PPK? Is there anything I can do to prevent the hang-ups?
                          IkePPKjam1.jpg

                          IkePPKjam2.jpg

                          IkePPKjam3.jpg
                          He that dasheth in pieces is come up before thy face: keep the munition, watch the way, make thy loins strong, fortify thy power mightily.
                          -- Nahum 2:1

                          Comment

                          • bubbapug1
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 7958

                            all of my 22lrs have issues, especially my ar15 ciener kits, my ruger p90's are both slighlty picky with ammo, but my glocks and hk's never have had a jam ir misfire
                            I love America for the rights and freedoms we used to have.

                            Comment

                            • 50 Freak
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 3412

                              I have a Super Vepr (AK action with a fluted match grade barrel). Think Saiga but very refined and has awesome accuracy potential in an AK.

                              Problem is I installed a Red Star TG and they didn't know if it would work on a Super Vepr, they said it would work on a Vepr. I didn't think there would be a difference between the two guns. Guess there is a slight variation as the Super Vepr now is super unreliable. Won't fully cycle another round. Trigger pull is nice, but have to hand cycle the rifle.

                              Here's some pics of a Super Vepr (taken off of a Norwegian website).


                              I'm Rick James...Be-otch!!!!

                              Comment

                              • L8Apex619
                                Member
                                • Apr 2009
                                • 395

                                That honor goes to my vintage Beretta 70S chambered in .380... Can't seem to reliably get through two mags without one F2F. Could just be finicky with ammo though. It's so snappy I don't enjoy shooting it all that much, and have only tried 2-3 different loads.

                                Interesting to see the the 10/22 and the P22 appear with such frequency.
                                WTS - Want to legally shoot a .50 Cal for less than $1 a round? Want to buy a long arm without the need to DROS it? That's right! Buy it and take it home TODAY! See my listing HERE for a Thompson Center New Englander muzzleloader!.

                                "In a world full of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."
                                -HST

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1