Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What is your least reliable gun?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #91
    Ike Arumba
    Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 302

    Originally posted by SwissFluCase
    Prewar Walther PPK .32 ACP. It used to jam every 3 rounds. Now it stovepipes every 200 rounds. I'm not done changing all of the 75 year old springs yet, though.
    Likewise, prewar PPK .32 ACP. The cartridge case mouths get hung up on the point of the slide holdback lever, which is supposed to be contacted only by the magazine follower. I'm trying to decide if I should try to round over the point, but am afraid that doing so would cause the slide to fail to lock back after the last round.

    What have you done that improved the situation?
    He that dasheth in pieces is come up before thy face: keep the munition, watch the way, make thy loins strong, fortify thy power mightily.
    -- Nahum 2:1

    Comment

    • #92
      tacticalcity
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Aug 2006
      • 10929

      Pretty sure that’s the one I was born with...did I say that out loud?

      Comment

      • #93
        liketoshoot
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 3810

        If I have a gun that is unreliable I sell it to an FFL and get some money out of it, I had a S&W 40VE and the only way to hit anything was to throw it at it.
        all my other guns hit what I aim at.
        sigpic
        Thieves are the lowest form of life out there, except for liberal politicians, of course, but that's redundant.

        Comment

        • #94
          hellraiser
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2009
          • 2347

          Originally posted by tomd1584
          our least reliable gun is our keltec P3AT .380
          try the "fluff and buff" most are damn near 100% reliable after that...
          I'm the best there is at what I do. But what I do best isn't very nice. --James "Logan" Howlett

          Comment

          • #95
            bohoki
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2006
            • 20826

            charter arms ar-7 its a testament when ramline magazines feed better than the factory ones ,yikes


            followed by the army 22 conversion kit when installed i guess it technically becomes a gun

            Comment

            • #96
              JTecalo
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2008
              • 3619


              it happens...

              Jim

              Comment

              • #97
                Argonaut
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 1352

                What is your least reliable

                Originally posted by spegull03
                Remington 870. Jams all the time after firing and I cant rack the slide
                You have to have a rough chamber.......It is seizing the shell when it fireforms during the shot. When was the last time it was cleaned? It is an easy fix.

                Comment

                • #98
                  PatriotnMore
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Nov 2007
                  • 7068

                  If its seen many rounds, he may need to replace parts in the chamber. I was having some of the same problems on mine after years of stellar service, and I bought the items from Brownells, works like a charm again.

                  Originally posted by Argonaut
                  You have to have a rough chamber.......It is seizing the shell when it fireforms during the shot. When was the last time it was cleaned? It is an easy fix.
                  ‎"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one, subject to particular exceptions."
                  --James Madison
                  'Letter to Edmund Pendleton', 1792

                  Comment

                  • #99
                    spegull03
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 741

                    Originally posted by PatriotnMore
                    If its seen many rounds, he may need to replace parts in the chamber. I was having some of the same problems on mine after years of stellar service, and I bought the items from Brownells, works like a charm again.
                    its only about 6 months old, and happens with both the stock 28" barrel and the 18.5" mossberg-made 870 barrel. Trap loads, buckshot, slugs, it doesnt matter.

                    Comment

                    • PatriotnMore
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 7068

                      At six months old, I would get a hold of Remington.

                      Originally posted by spegull03
                      its only about 6 months old, and happens with both the stock 28" barrel and the 18.5" mossberg-made 870 barrel. Trap loads, buckshot, slugs, it doesnt matter.
                      ‎"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one, subject to particular exceptions."
                      --James Madison
                      'Letter to Edmund Pendleton', 1792

                      Comment

                      • DSA_FAL
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2006
                        • 827

                        My Armscor AK-22 is picky about what ammo is shot through it. Some brands like Blazer don't work well with it, while others like Remmington Golden Bullets work wonders. I stick to ammo that works.

                        It seems like there's a .22lr theme going on here..
                        sigpic

                        "There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

                        "The shotgun is an art, the rifle is a science, the pistol, a craft."

                        Comment

                        • jumbopanda
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 8382

                          Probably my 1911...it doesn't always like my SWC reloads.
                          Mo' BBs.

                          Comment

                          • CSACANNONEER
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 44094

                            Originally posted by jumbopanda
                            Probably my 1911...it doesn't always like my SWC reloads.
                            I had that problem with some (5K) of 185gr SWCs until I discovered that the jams only happened with one Wilson Combat mag! I solved the problem by getting rid of the mag!
                            NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                            California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                            Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                            Utah CCW Instructor


                            Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                            sigpic
                            CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                            KM6WLV

                            Comment

                            • dwtt
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 7470

                              I no longer own it, but the Cobray M-11 was an absolute piece of junk that was unreliable and inaccurate.

                              Comment

                              • luchador768
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jan 2009
                                • 3224

                                I don't have any jam-o-matics at home. My 10/22's can be a little unreliable when dirty, but I think this to be expected. I would sell any AK or AR that couldn't be trusted.
                                Peter

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1