Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

17WSM

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Singleshot 7369
    Member
    • Oct 2022
    • 126

    17WSM

    I've been talking with Randall about rechambering my 17hmr to a 17wsm on my Thompson Contender. I am reaching out to the community to see if anyone out there has experience with this 17wsm in pistol caliber on this platform. How did it shoot and were there any accuracy issues?
  • #2
    MyOdessa
    Ban Islam
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Mar 2011
    • 2559

    Depending on the length of the barrel, you may not realize the benefit of the higher powder case capacity because it will not burn more of it then .17 HMR. Also something to consider is ammo availability. Personally, I go .22 LR, .17 HMR, .22 KHornet, .223 Remington, but there is a lot of overlap between these cartridges. With the last two you have an option of either using factory or handloads.

    Comment

    • #3
      Singleshot 7369
      Member
      • Oct 2022
      • 126

      Originally posted by MyOdessa
      Depending on the length of the barrel, you may not realize the benefit of the higher powder case capacity because it will not burn more of it then .17 HMR. Also something to consider is ammo availability. Personally, I go .22 LR, .17 HMR, .22 KHornet, .223 Remington, but there is a lot of overlap between these cartridges. With the last two you have an option of either using factory or handloads.
      The barrel is 14" I also have a 17WSM Savage and 500+ rounds. The 22 KHornet is a caliber I'm strongly considering for a latter date as I am just diving into my reloading endeavors. My avatar is my 223.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1