I've been talking with Randall about rechambering my 17hmr to a 17wsm on my Thompson Contender. I am reaching out to the community to see if anyone out there has experience with this 17wsm in pistol caliber on this platform. How did it shoot and were there any accuracy issues?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
17WSM
Collapse
X
-
17WSM
Tags: None -
Depending on the length of the barrel, you may not realize the benefit of the higher powder case capacity because it will not burn more of it then .17 HMR. Also something to consider is ammo availability. Personally, I go .22 LR, .17 HMR, .22 KHornet, .223 Remington, but there is a lot of overlap between these cartridges. With the last two you have an option of either using factory or handloads. -
The barrel is 14" I also have a 17WSM Savage and 500+ rounds. The 22 KHornet is a caliber I'm strongly considering for a latter date as I am just diving into my reloading endeavors. My avatar is my 223.Depending on the length of the barrel, you may not realize the benefit of the higher powder case capacity because it will not burn more of it then .17 HMR. Also something to consider is ammo availability. Personally, I go .22 LR, .17 HMR, .22 KHornet, .223 Remington, but there is a lot of overlap between these cartridges. With the last two you have an option of either using factory or handloads.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,346
Posts: 25,147,066
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,484
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 30520 users online. 156 members and 30364 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment