Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What's your shooting game?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    aklon
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • 3191

    More than twenty years ago in the woods near Arnold, we were playing a shooting game when one of us damn near got shot. That's when I stopped.

    I don't play shooting games since firearms are serious things.
    Freedom is the dream you dream while putting thought in chains.

    - Giacomo Leopardi

    Comment

    • #32
      HKAllTheThings
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2020
      • 1313

      Has anyone mentioned shooting random puddles yet?

      Comment

      • #33
        boattail
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2014
        • 1051

        I do have a dueling tree for 22's. I have matching 9" single six's that we play with. Goal is 12 shots to see who wins so there is a reload in the mix. It is slow fun. I also have bouncy balls that we shoot until they are too far out to hit.

        Most of my range time is spent practicing my ccw skills. I use static targets and the bouncy balls. I can also walk and shoot at my range so a little impromptu shooting gets done from the hip.

        I never "played" on any range until I was older. Growing up we had a 100 yard range in our back yard. We used it to sight guns in and that was about it other then shooting black powder guns for fun.

        My dad was unique in that his only hobbies were hunting and fishing. He fed our family from those activities. For the longest time my only shooting was hunting for food or depredation. We did lots and lots of depredation....that was our "play time". We shot blackbirds out of rice fields at the rate of one case of 12g per acre and we shot prairie dogs by the thousands.

        Currently my only mass amount of shooting is in the prairie dog fields. Things have slowed down in the last two years but they run in cycles and we are in a down turn.
        JAC

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1