Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Need a San Francisco FFL for a PPT

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Lancear15
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2008
    • 2629

    I went through Jackson Arms and have actually PPT'ed 2 guns there since I asked this question. Either you have to sign the gun safe affidavit, or you have to buy a lock from them.

    You can not bring your own lock because I guess the law states that the lock had to be purchase withing 30 days prior to buying the gun and the lock has to be a model aproved by the DOJ. So unless you can prove that your lock meets that criteria. IE a receipt of purchase withing 30 days and paperwork that proves it is an approved lock, you have to buy one from them.

    You really should have a gun safe anyways.
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely, even on Calguns.
    NRA Life Member
    USPSA Member
    IDPA Member

    Comment

    • #17
      QuarterBoreGunner
      Administrator
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2005
      • 9389

      Oh and another vote for Uncle V and Dimi at City Arms
      /Chris

      I have a perfect Burning Man attendance record: zero.

      You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city.
      Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!
      Like who?
      Farmers.
      Who else?
      Farmers' mums.

      Comment

      • #18
        Sheepdog1968
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2009
        • 1903

        I'm a Bay Area local and I can vouch for either City Arms or Jackson Arms as good reliable places to go. They would be my likely places to go. As for High Bridge, I think they have recently moved to San Bruno and are no longer in SF. If they haven't they are going to in the near future. At least that is what I'm hearing from reliable sources.
        RIP Louis Awerbuck. I miss you and your training.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1