Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Seeking DPMS

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    cre34
    Member
    • Sep 2016
    • 176

    Originally posted by ar15barrels
    If you can just buy them for $70, just buy one...
    If you can't just buy them because they are illegal, then they are not a fair price comparison.
    The legal ones are obviously worth more than the illegal ones in CA just like off-roster handguns are more valuable than rostered handguns.
    Supply/demand sets the price.
    The legal DPMS lowers are off the named roster of assault weapons.
    So you are looking for an off-roster DPMS lower.

    Or maybe you don't understand how ordering from an out-of-state dealer and having them ship to your local dealer works?
    If that's the case, you just need to find a local dealer that will accept the receiver, get his FFL and CFD number and send it to the selling dealer so they can ship to your FFL.

    Comment

    • #17
      ar15barrels
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2006
      • 57179

      I get that.
      I am also looking for a $150 Magpul milled lower from the first run of 100 pieces back in 2008 if you happen into one.
      Randall Rausch

      AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
      Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
      Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
      Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
      Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

      Comment

      • #18
        cre34
        Member
        • Sep 2016
        • 176

        Originally posted by ar15barrels
        I get that.
        I am also looking for a $150 Magpul milled lower from the first run of 100 pieces back in 2008 if you happen into one.

        Comment

        • #19
          ar15barrels
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2006
          • 57179

          Here is what it looks like:


          Here is some discussion about them:
          Randall Rausch

          AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
          Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
          Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
          Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
          Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

          Comment

          • #20
            ar15barrels
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2006
            • 57179

            The non-panther marked DPMS lower you are looking for will most likely be one of these:



            That's not mine but mine is just like that.
            Randall Rausch

            AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
            Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
            Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
            Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
            Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

            Comment

            • #21
              jeffyhog
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2010
              • 2759

              OP, if I were you, I would just let this post die, then search daily to see if somebody posts a DPMS lower or even a compete rifle for sale. Not sure why you want that specifically, but there should be thousands of California legal ones floating around. They were never considered rare or top-tier, so no reason to pay a premium for one.

              Comment

              • #22
                ar15barrels
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2006
                • 57179

                Originally posted by jeffyhog
                search daily to see if somebody posts a DPMS lower or even a compete rifle for sale.
                I found 3 or 4 of them listed for sale on calguns in the last 6 years and one of those was actually a panther arms marked one so I don't think we should count that one:


                I don't know that I would call that very popular compared to say Spikes Tactical:


                2 of the DPMS lowers from 2015 and 2016 might still be available as they were never claimed by anyone or marked as sold.
                Maybe start there.
                Randall Rausch

                AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                Comment

                • #23
                  cre34
                  Member
                  • Sep 2016
                  • 176

                  Thanks for posting the photo.

                  That thread about the magpul lower is crazy insane.
                  Last edited by cre34; 06-10-2022, 5:42 AM.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    cre34
                    Member
                    • Sep 2016
                    • 176

                    Originally posted by jeffyhog
                    OP, if I were you, I would just let this post die, then search daily to see if somebody posts a DPMS lower or even a compete rifle for sale. Not sure why you want that specifically, but there should be thousands of California legal ones floating around. They were never considered rare or top-tier, so no reason to pay a premium for one.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      kcheung2
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 2012
                      • 4387

                      re post 21 pic:

                      [not gonna quote; pic too big]

                      I don't know if it's just because the enlarged pic exaggerates it or if it really is like that, but the surface finish looks crappy. Like Khyber Pass kind of crappy. In particular the area above the trigger, any other mfg could consider that a blem & sell it accordingly.
                      ---------------------
                      "There is no "best." If there was, everyone here would own that one, and no other." - DSB

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        ar15barrels
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 57179

                        Originally posted by kcheung2
                        re post 21 pic:

                        [not gonna quote; pic too big]

                        I don't know if it's just because the enlarged pic exaggerates it or if it really is like that, but the surface finish looks crappy. Like Khyber Pass kind of crappy. In particular the area above the trigger, any other mfg could consider that a blem & sell it accordingly.
                        Besides the rough surface on the flat areas, did you notice how the letters all stand up except for the serial number?
                        That because the receiver is cast.
                        It's from before they started using forged receivers in the early 2000's.
                        Randall Rausch

                        AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                        Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                        Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                        Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                        Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          xrMike
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Feb 2006
                          • 7841

                          Originally posted by TKM
                          Are you sure you wouldn't like a nice AR pistol for $100 as well?
                          Originally posted by ar15barrels
                          I get that. I am also looking for a $150 Magpul milled lower from the first run of 100 pieces back in 2008 if you happen into one.


                          Originally posted by ar15barrels
                          Besides the rough surface on the flat areas, did you notice how the letters all stand up except for the serial number?
                          That because the receiver is cast.
                          It's from before they started using forged receivers in the early 2000's.
                          Ahhhh, I would NOT have noticed those details if you hadn't pointed them out.

                          Don't think I'd ever want a cast receiver. It would probably would be fine for most users and never be a problem, but it can't be as strong as a forged one. Maybe it has some collector value though?

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            ar15barrels
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jan 2006
                            • 57179

                            Originally posted by xrMike
                            Don't think I'd ever want a cast receiver.
                            It would probably would be fine for most users and never be a problem, but it can't be as strong as a forged one.
                            Maybe it has some collector value though?
                            It worked fine for me for a lot of years but I never purposely tried to break it by doing stuff like driving over it with my hmmwv.
                            I am quite certain it would fail such abuse as I have received cast uppers in the mail from customers that got broken from rough package handling.

                            Randall Rausch

                            AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                            Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                            Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                            Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                            Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              xrMike
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Feb 2006
                              • 7841

                              Originally posted by ar15barrels
                              I am quite certain it would fail such abuse as I have received cast uppers in the mail from customers that got broken from rough package handling.

                              You fixed that, right?

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                ar15barrels
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Jan 2006
                                • 57179

                                Originally posted by xrMike
                                You fixed that, right?
                                Slapped some bubble gum and a rubber band on it, hit it with some krylon and right back out the door...
                                Randall Rausch

                                AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                                Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                                Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                                Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                                Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1