Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CA Roster gun that is Optics ready

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    26.2madness
    Member
    • Feb 2015
    • 229

    Originally posted by sigstroker
    The PSA slide doesn't use a plate.
    Yeah, a lot of the 3rd party slides come milled for specific footprints so do not need plates. Usually a good option but did not work for me. I got a Suarez slide and it worked great with self defense ammo and heavy target ammo, but would not cycle reliability with cheaper 115gr target ammo. It became too costly to practice with it if I could not use the cheap ammo.

    Comment

    • #32
      SkyHawk
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Sep 2012
      • 23531

      You could buy a roster Sig P226 and then buy a factory slide for optics. But it will not be cheap.





      Check out the deal on Sig Sauer P226 Slide Assembly, Suppressor Sights, Romeo1 Pro, Black at MGW
      Last edited by SkyHawk; 05-06-2022, 11:52 PM.
      Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

      Comment

      • #33
        sigstroker
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2009
        • 19864

        Originally posted by 26.2madness
        Yeah, a lot of the 3rd party slides come milled for specific footprints so do not need plates. Usually a good option but did not work for me. I got a Suarez slide and it worked great with self defense ammo and heavy target ammo, but would not cycle reliability with cheaper 115gr target ammo. It became too costly to practice with it if I could not use the cheap ammo.
        Probably because of the added weight of the optic. A plate would make the problem worse. The PSA slides look like they have some metal cut away in addition to the optic cut, so they should cycle. They even have some that have substantial weight reducing cuts.

        Worst case you can get a recoil spring kit with lighter recoil springs.

        Comment

        • #34
          Dr. Peter Venkman
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2006
          • 4899

          Get a Glock and then a slide already cut for an optic.

          sigpic
          "America is not at war. The Marine Corps is at war; America is at the mall."
          Originally posted by berto
          You're right. There's no possible way that CGN members marching alongside the Pink Pistols in the SF Pride Parade can do anything to dispel the stereotype that gun owners are conservative bigots clinging to their guns and bibles. Not a single person in the crowd is rational or reachable because the parade's for gay folks and it's in SF.

          Comment

          • #35
            ar15barrels
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2006
            • 57175

            Originally posted by Heckler&Coke
            I called in, earlier today, and was told you guys can't cut a CA Shield for the RMRcc...
            That slide is probably too narrow to create the posts and screw holes that the RMR needs.
            Randall Rausch

            AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
            Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
            Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
            Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
            Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

            Comment

            • #36
              Heckler&Coke
              Member
              • Apr 2020
              • 102

              Originally posted by ar15barrels
              That slide is probably too narrow to create the posts and screw holes that the RMR needs.
              That makes sense... it looks like I will have to try a Holosun after all.

              Comment

              • #37
                rsrocket1
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2010
                • 2772

                will

                Comment

                • #38
                  sigstroker
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 19864

                  Originally posted by Heckler&Coke
                  That makes sense... it looks like I will have to try a Holosun after all.
                  There is a compact rmr that might fit, but there are other reasons not to want an rmr.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Juanmg
                    Junior Member
                    • Apr 2020
                    • 2

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      naz
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 2020
                      • 3108

                      Originally posted by johncage
                      is there a price limit on safety and a peace of mind?

                      $1500-1800 for the m&p 2.0 fde with thumb safety on calguns marketplace
                      $500 for the m2.0 fde slide with optic mounting option on ebay
                      For $2.3k many off rosters that are factory optics ready are on the table (eg any mos Glock (with money to spare), sig p320 x5 legion, Walter Q5 steel frame, etc)

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        rodralig
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Apr 2016
                        • 4262

                        Originally posted by Heckler&Coke
                        I called in, earlier today, and was told you guys can't cut a CA Shield for the RMRcc...
                        Originally posted by ar15barrels
                        That slide is probably too narrow to create the posts and screw holes that the RMR needs.
                        Originally posted by Heckler&Coke
                        That makes sense... it looks like I will have to try a Holosun after all.
                        RMRcc has a different footprint than the RMR.

                        The RMRcc does fit the width of the CA Shield -



                        Originally posted by sigstroker
                        There is a compact rmr that might fit, but there are other reasons not to want an rmr.
                        Yup! Having to unmount the optic to replace the batteries (recommended to do so every year, usually during one's birthday).



                        Originally posted by 26.2madness
                        Yeah, a lot of the 3rd party slides come milled for specific footprints so do not need plates. Usually a good option but did not work for me. I got a Suarez slide and it worked great with self defense ammo and heavy target ammo, but would not cycle reliability with cheaper 115gr target ammo. It became too costly to practice with it if I could not use the cheap ammo.
                        Using 3rd-party internals?

                        I have a Suarez slide for my 3rd generation G19, G17 and G34... Absolutely reliable - I shoot USPSA matches twice a month plus indoor range live fire practice. No issues with 115GR factory (I don't reload, but I am cheap - so cheapest ammo).

                        That said, Suarez recommends a 200~400 round break-in period...


                        _

                        WEGC - Shooting at 10-yards VS 20-yards - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7mdbNZ4j9U

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          ar15barrels
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 57175

                          Originally posted by rodralig
                          The RMRcc does fit the width of the CA Shield -
                          Just barely!

                          You can see that the posts are made out of the top angled surface of the slide so I bet the optic sticks out of the slide a good amount.
                          Randall Rausch

                          AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                          Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                          Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                          Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                          Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            rodralig
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Apr 2016
                            • 4262

                            Originally posted by ar15barrels
                            Just barely!


                            You can see that the posts are made out of the top angled surface of the slide so I bet the optic sticks out of the slide a good amount.


                            I never had the same precise eyes as yours Randall.


                            _

                            WEGC - Shooting at 10-yards VS 20-yards - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7mdbNZ4j9U

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              ar15barrels
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 57175

                              Originally posted by rodralig


                              I never had the same precise eyes as yours Randall.
                              I could see where some shops would not like to cut a slide that narrow for an optic even though it probably does work fine with those posts like that.
                              Randall Rausch

                              AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                              Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                              Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                              Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                              Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1