Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

.30 carbine Upper for AR15

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Rob454
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Feb 2006
    • 11254

    Oh he wants it now but he was such a douchey douche I told him nope. Good luck.

    My other option is a Blackhawk. i was looking for one a while back but sort of lost interest. Ill figure something out one of these days

    Comment

    • #17
      therealnickb
      King- Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2011
      • 8957

      Originally posted by Rob454
      Oh he wants it now but he was such a douchey douche I told him nope. Good luck.

      My other option is a Blackhawk. i was looking for one a while back but sort of lost interest. Ill figure something out one of these days

      Comment

      • #18
        ar15barrels
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2006
        • 57175

        Originally posted by Rob454
        My other option is a Blackhawk. i was looking for one a while back but sort of lost interest.
        Ill figure something out one of these days
        I have a 30 carbine Blackhawk.
        It really makes a nice fireball.
        Great gun to clear the benches on each side of you when you are being bothered by someone raining brass down on you.

        Besides the Blackhawk, look for a Marlin 62 or an AMT Automag III.

        Randall Rausch

        AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
        Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
        Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
        Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
        Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

        Comment

        • #19
          Thrashard340
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2011
          • 896

          Here's my take.

          I have an AO M1 Carbine. I don't think an AR upper would get me to shoot .30 Carbine more. I would just rather take the M1 out.

          I think you would have better luck with a market outside of CA. I think the .30 Carbine would make a good HD round. I would consider a pistol length AR upper for HD. But being in CA, pistol AR's don't come cheap. So I'm out.

          I applaud the OP for thinking outside the box. But I would seriously consider a pistol AR in .30 Carbine for HD in a free state.

          Comment

          • #20
            deadcoyote
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2010
            • 4002

            The new inland manufacturing carbines offer a 12” advisor pistol model with a pistol grip that I would definitely buy in a free state.
            Buying a safe and sane firework is like paying a hooker for a hug. I do not see the appeal in it.

            Comment

            • #21
              Felixthacat
              Junior Member
              • Jul 2018
              • 32

              The idea was born around the time that 556, 7.62x39, 9mm, and even 22 was getting extremely hard to find. We could still find 30 carbine on the shelves.

              Comment

              • #22
                Spyder
                CGN Contributor
                • Mar 2008
                • 17271

                Oly made some. Id be interested at the right price, but likely not at a price you could get it down to.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Ari_d_sparki
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Oct 2010
                  • 426

                  I love the .30 Carbine cartridge. I love the way it sounds versus the rifle cartridges.
                  It isn't as loud and with some specialty ammo can be quite useful.
                  I was wondering if someone had or would make an upper for an AR.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    OCEquestrian
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jun 2017
                    • 6905

                    Originally posted by Felixthacat
                    My college buddy and I made a .30 carbine upper. We are still tweaking the extractor to accommodate brass, steel, Mil-surp. Etc. Types of ammunition.

                    We created a steel insert for an ASC AR magazine.

                    How much interest is there out here for something like that?

                    In a nutshell, a set comprising of a .30 carbine upper and 10 round .30 carbine AR magazine.
                    Why? The AR15 in 5.56 is already a carbine...
                    "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue." ----Sen. Barry Goldwater

                    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

                    NRA life member
                    SAF life member
                    CRPA member

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Jimi Jah
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jan 2014
                      • 19235

                      I got a 350 Legend upper for around $200 when they first came out. I bought a case of ammo for 50 cent per round. It's harder hitting than the 300 BO. It's easier to reload than 5.56. It's legal for hunting in all 50 states.

                      Ammo costs prevent me from investing in odd ball calibers. Anything over a buck a round gets my wallet slapping my @as after every shot.
                      Last edited by Jimi Jah; 06-10-2023, 9:31 AM.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Thrashard340
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2011
                        • 896

                        Originally posted by 12pewpew
                        Not super familiar with the 30 cal round but what would be the advantage over running 300 bo?
                        .30 Carbine is more .357 Magnum than .300BO. The only advantage I see is that indoor ranges that only allow pistol caliber ammo would allow .30 Carbine. .30 Carbine ammo isn't cheap either, so It's not my first choice as a plinker. It's waaay down that list. I do have an M1 Carbine, but it barely sees the light of day. .30 Carbine has some value as a home defense round, but out of a 16" barrel in Cali, there are much better modern ammo options for AR platform. JMO though

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Ari_d_sparki
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Oct 2010
                          • 426

                          For me it's a noise factor. The large "crack" that the rifle calibers create is more annoying than the softer boom of the .30C
                          My Automag 3 is one of my most fun guns to shoot. With decent ammo it easily hits a 100 yards.

                          That said, I am considering a Carbine Conversion Unit for my .40 Glocks or 1911 in .40 or 10mm.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1