Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

PMWILLIAMTONY watch out for him

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SPC G
    Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 239

    PMWILLIAMTONY watch out for him

    He answered my wtb thought it was another guy I was dealing with. Anyways he wanted me to send funds PayPal via f&f I went ahead and sent it paid services. He got back to me telling me he does not except that. He will refund me and I need to send it f&f or I can pass on tbe deal. I told him I'm going to pass and refund me my money. He has gone silent. Am I good to dispute this on PayPal if so how do I go about it.
  • #2
    SkyHawk
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Sep 2012
    • 23531

    You should have said "sorry my bad, refund me and I will send it via F&F asap." THEN told him to F.O. when you got the refund.

    Anyhow see this
    Transfer money online in seconds with PayPal money transfer. All you need is an email address.


    To request a refund, contact the seller through PayPal. If refunded, money will return to original payment method. If not, open a dispute within the correct dispute-filing timeframe.



    And yeah, looks and sounds like a scammer
    Last edited by SkyHawk; 08-22-2021, 8:30 PM.
    Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

    Comment

    • #3
      SPC G
      Member
      • Dec 2007
      • 239

      I thought about that after the fact. Hoping PayPal gives me my money back

      Comment

      • #4
        Tommy Gun
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2011
        • 806

        So PayPal F&F offers zero protection for fraud. That's a red flag right away, why I would only do face to face because humans are garbage.

        Comment

        • #5
          jbj
          Senior Member
          • May 2009
          • 781

          F&F is only for people you know.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Much peace
          Jimmy

          Comment

          • #6
            AregularGuy
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2013
            • 2792

            Seems the only ones that responded to any WTB ads I posted were scammers.
            All posts dedicated to the memory of Stronzo Bestiale

            "You want my sister but now scam my Glocks too?
            How about my sister? what can she do now? Still virgin and need Glcok."

            ---ARegularGuy

            NRA Patron Member

            Comment

            • #7
              Oldmandan
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2012
              • 2721

              I’ve had this happen on gunbroker. A guy won my auction at around $1250 and his wife sent the PayPal funds by regular PayPal which deducted about $40ish in fees.

              I refunded his money and asked him to send it by F&F as I had requested in auction terms and conditions. He did and all was well in the world.

              I would go by his time on this board, post count and feedback before branding him a scammer
              "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them" - Richard Henry Lee

              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                SkyHawk
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Sep 2012
                • 23531

                Originally posted by Oldmandan

                I would go by his time on this board, post count and feedback before branding him a scammer
                His time on the board was 3 weeks. In that time he had 70+ visitors to his page, with only one forum post, indicating he was likely sending very many (perhaps 100+) PMs in response to WTB ads. He was demanding payment in Paypal F&F

                The account has been deleted. Not just banned, but gone.

                It was a scammer. He will be back with a different name, likely already has sleeper accounts ready. So be on the lookout.
                Last edited by SkyHawk; 08-23-2021, 9:24 AM.
                Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                Comment

                • #9
                  SPC G
                  Member
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 239

                  So I should be able to get my money back because I used paid services. I should I go about this?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    SkyHawk
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 23531

                    Originally posted by SPC G
                    So I should be able to get my money back because I used paid services. I should I go about this?
                    Follow the links I provided above. You should probably open a dispute
                    To solve a problem with a PayPal purchase, contact the seller first. If that doesn't work, open a dispute within the correct dispute-filing timeframe. Escalate to a claim if needed.
                    Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      SPC G
                      Member
                      • Dec 2007
                      • 239

                      Thank you skyhawk

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        AregularGuy
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2013
                        • 2792

                        Originally posted by SPC G
                        So I should be able to get my money back because I used paid services. I should I go about this?
                        Be sure not to mention anything about guns/firearms. It's against their policy and they may block your claim.
                        All posts dedicated to the memory of Stronzo Bestiale

                        "You want my sister but now scam my Glocks too?
                        How about my sister? what can she do now? Still virgin and need Glcok."

                        ---ARegularGuy

                        NRA Patron Member

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          sbo80
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2014
                          • 2265

                          Originally posted by AregularGuy
                          Be sure not to mention anything about guns/firearms. It's against their policy and they may block your claim.
                          they might even cancel your account altogether

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ohsmily
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Apr 2005
                            • 8995

                            Originally posted by SPC G
                            He answered my wtb thought it was another guy I was dealing with. Anyways he wanted me to send funds PayPal via f&f I went ahead and sent it paid services. He got back to me telling me he does not except that. He will refund me and I need to send it f&f or I can pass on tbe deal. I told him I'm going to pass and refund me my money. He has gone silent. Am I good to dispute this on PayPal if so how do I go about it.


                            Originally posted by SPC G
                            So I should be able to get my money back because I used paid services. I should I go about this?
                            Not if they find out it was for firearm related stuff. Why people still use PP for gun stuff is beyond me. Most of the except/accept-challenged people probably.

                            If you submit a dispute with PP, do NOT mention it was for a gun or gun-related stuff.
                            Expert firearms attorney: https://www.rwslaw.com/team/adam-j-richards/

                            Check out https://www.firearmsunknown.com/. Support a good calgunner local to San Diego.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              sfvshooter
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2016
                              • 1200

                              Common sense should tell you it's probably not wise to send funds without any recourse to someone you've never met and has no/little feedback.
                              Too many rifles, not enough time...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1