If I went shooting a few months ago and never cleaned it at all? Just put it away?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Will it screw up a rifle
Collapse
X
-
Will it screw up a rifle
Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.
Tags: None -
-
Did you shoot corrosive ammo? Better sell it quick before it falls apart.Comment
-
Nope, no corrosive, just normal stuff. I think I should have at least put an oiled patch down the barrel, and I was going to clean them. I even left them out to clean them. But then I didn't clean them. No oil. Just bang bang bang and put them away.Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.
Comment
-
I have a revolver that spent the first 25 years of its life uncleaned. Thousands of rounds and nothing but a little oil added over the years. I also have a shotgun that saw its first cleaning after 35 years of use. Trust me they clean up fine. I shot corrosive ammo in a 45 Colt and did not realize it and put it away only to find it full of rust......worst mistake of my life but I saved the gun and won't do that again.JACComment
-
Ok good. I just didn't know if the barrel would rust or something. They are chromium lined, I really should clean and oil the Mauser though that thing is 120 years old...Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.
Comment
-
Only slaves don't need guns
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the crossOriginally posted by epilepticninjaAmericans vs. Democrats
We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
What doesn't kill me, better runComment
-
The Mauser is the only one that can get rusty I think, the ARs are all mostly aluminum. Just wondering about the gas rings and barrel and such. I guess I'll take them out and clean them this week.Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.
Comment
-
Comment
-
They're toast. Just give them to me to properly dispose of. (Just kidding)
They should be fine, like everyone said. I did that a couple of years ago with one of my rifles. Forgot to clean it after shooting. Got to it about a month later and it cleaned right up.We are all Masters of our own Ship. It's the course changes that you make, that affect your life.
I'm not paranoid, I know they're out to get me.
NRA Life Member
sigpicComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,826
Posts: 25,152,103
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,793
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 9755 users online. 115 members and 9640 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment