Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Is anyone else a bit burnt out on firearms?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    SailorDan
    Member
    • May 2013
    • 150

    I'm in a similar boat. Every time CA dreams up a new BS law, I buy hard and right now I'm a little tired of it. The last 18mos has been screwy, too expensive to buy much - so if you aren't already stacked deep, makes sense you wouldn't be blowing off lots of rounds. Even those who are prepared, may be in hoard mode until ammo becomes more available/affordable.

    My recommendation - try some different. I've been buying nothing but semi-auto for the last few years - since that is what the libtards have a hard on for, but picked up a Ruger Redhawk in .480 last year. I LOVE IT!!! my new favorite gun and I 'm looking at other revolvers.

    My next plan is working distance and accuracy - expensive, but should be a challenge.

    Shoot shotgun? I love a good sporting clays range.

    Comment

    • #32
      boattail
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2014
      • 1051

      Not burnt out. I have slowed my purchases because I won't pay inflated prices. Today I bought some 2400 powder that was just a tad over the normal price. I bought to help the store out and buy something from him. I am still shooting the same amount I normally do. I am still looking for special guns to buy but I won't overpay on guns either. I have everything I need and only look for that special gun to buy. I usually spend $200 a month on reloading and ammo supplies. That has slowed way down to a crawl and that money has been put into other projects.
      JAC

      Comment

      • #33
        2Stroke
        Member
        • Jan 2017
        • 308

        I hear you. The last couple years I have mostly just shot my pig guns, and focused on killing meat. California, my home state, has made me feel unwelcome.

        Comment

        • #34
          Oldmandan
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2012
          • 2721

          My buddies and I haven’t gone shooting for a loooong time due to ammo shortage. Been busy building guns over the last year, have 3 builds I haven’t shot yet, 3 others in process

          Hard to find parts these days…
          "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them" - Richard Henry Lee

          sigpic

          Comment

          • #35
            golfish
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Mar 2013
            • 10127

            I know how you feel. I bought got a gun since late summer last year. I got back into another hobby that I put on hold a few years ago.

            The covid and high prices have put everything on hold for now regarding firearms. I'll start getting my SS in a couple weeks, I'll have more fun money to play with then..
            It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
            Happiness is a warm gun.

            MLC, First 3

            Comment

            • #36
              mshill
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2012
              • 4484

              I have been at it since just before Sandy Hook. The only times since then that I haven't got to the range at least twice a month has been when it was shut down due to covid in 2020. That was okay since we were also in a crunch getting our house on the market and packing to move. Once we got settled here in Utah it was all about getting my DL, CCw renewed, Form 1 SBRs and Form 4 suppressors. I haven't bought ammo, except for a some SD rounds since 2016, but I have to admit I'm down to 2.5K Small pistol and 2K Small rifle primers. I wouldnt say I was getting burned out, but it slowed until I was able to get some new stuff.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.

              Comment

              • #37
                stormvet
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Mar 2010
                • 12681

                I’m always pretty well stocked with ammo, nothing really affected me until the reloading shortage hit. Then I became concerned with how much ammo I’m shooting, for the longest time I was a twice a week shooter. Shooting a 1000 rounds a week was not uncommon for me.

                I cut down to once a week then once every other week. Then I rediscovered the joy of rimfire rifle shooting, bought a SA and two bolt guns in rimfire. I’m stocked deep in 22 ammo and had no problem finding more if I wanted it. Sure it was priced high but nothing like 308 or 556. And that got me back to shooting more again.
                Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                Comment

                • #38
                  crazytalk
                  Junior Member
                  • Jan 2015
                  • 67

                  No burn-out. En-route to a brand new home in a free state in a couple months, and looking forward to the freedom!

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Bull Elk
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2011
                    • 4209

                    Yes, I understand. Let me help you out. Let’s meet up so that you can transfer those PITA firearms over to me. That will free up space for you to add to your Hot Wheels collection!

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      SISKIN
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2017
                      • 872

                      Got back into night shooting.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        rplaw
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2014
                        • 1808

                        The desire ebbs and flows constantly.

                        Some months I only shoot 1x for a max of 50 rounds. Others I'm at one range or another almost every week, if not twice per week, burning through hundreds of rounds at a time.

                        I don't buy/sell much but that's normal for me because I have the gunz I want and don't need or want more.

                        Even posting on the gun forums isn't a constant thing for me. There will be times when months go by without even a visit.

                        It all ebbs and flows.
                        Some random thoughts:

                        Somebody's gotta be the mole so it might as well be me. Seems to be working so far.

                        Evil doesn't only come in black.

                        Life is like a discount bakery. Usually everything is just what you ordered. But, occasionally you come face to face with an unexpected fruitcake. Surprise!

                        My Utubery

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          VictorFranko
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 13737

                          Originally posted by RANGER295
                          I am just a bit discouraged right now. Does anyone else feel similar? Is anyone else feeling a bit burnt out right now?

                          I am feeling discouraged and burnt out on this state, this country, this government and largely the citizenry of this country.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            ComBlocAddict
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2021
                            • 44

                            During pandemic I had some time to think about what things I wanted to do when things get back to normal. Shooting competitions is one of the things on my list. I haven’t been to a competition in like 10 years. Shooting paper at indoor ranges doesn’t hold my attention.

                            I’ve found it I’m not active in the shooting sports I get bored and just google for guns to buy. Would rather spend time/money actually doing something.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              mshill
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2012
                              • 4484

                              Originally posted by VictorFranko
                              I am feeling discouraged and burnt out on this state, this country, this government and largely the citizenry of this country.
                              Amen!
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Squidward
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2006
                                • 1779

                                If you really want to know "discouraged" take up golf.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1