Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

2021 REM ARMS in the wild

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    norcalAF
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jul 2012
    • 1654

    Originally posted by golfish
    I was watching a Hickok45 video on the 590 last night. I have a 590 and a Maverick 88. Both are wonderful guns but there's no comparison to my Wingmaster and 1100. Mine are both from the mid 80s, the blueing on these two Rems guns is second to none.

    The 590s are awesome guns, I don't know how Mossberg produces their guns at such a cost. I'd love to see them come out with walnut furniture
    My FIL has an old wingmaster that is beautiful as well.

    Comment

    • #17
      k1dude
      I need a LIFE!!
      • May 2009
      • 15854

      I need an 1100 vent rib barrel in 28". I'll probably be waiting a decade before they start selling stand-alone barrels again.
      "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

      "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

      Comment

      • #18
        ACfixer
        Calguns Addict
        • Feb 2012
        • 6080

        Originally posted by k1dude
        I need an 1100 vent rib barrel in 28". I'll probably be waiting a decade before they start selling stand-alone barrels again.
        Just picked up a 28" full and a 30" modified out here for $300 total.
        Buy made in USA whenever possible.

        Comment

        • #19
          ar15barrels
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2006
          • 57175

          Originally posted by pythonfan
          As said I haven't seen any of the new product yet, so I don't even know if it will be discernable from the previous products.
          There will probably be different wording on the box and paperwork to reference Rem Arms instead of Remington Arms but I doubt the markings on the guns would change as there's no need for them to and that's just unnecessary extra work/cost from a tooling perspective.
          Randall Rausch

          AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
          Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
          Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
          Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
          Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

          Comment

          • #20
            k1dude
            I need a LIFE!!
            • May 2009
            • 15854

            Originally posted by ACfixer
            Just picked up a 28" full and a 30" modified out here for $300 total.
            Damn you!

            Were they NIB, or used? In a store, or from a person?
            Last edited by k1dude; 05-26-2021, 2:12 PM.
            "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

            "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

            Comment

            • #21
              pythonfan
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Jan 2012
              • 1927

              First ad for sale I've seen. Now I'm scouring the big box webpages to see if anyone else has them yet.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by pythonfan; 06-07-2021, 5:41 PM.

              Comment

              • #22
                pythonfan
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Jan 2012
                • 1927

                Anyone see anything out there yet?

                Comment

                • #23
                  damon1272
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 4857

                  Wish they would come out with something newer and updated than just another 700. Plenty of manufacturers have past Remington by.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    The Gleam
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 13363

                    Originally posted by damon1272
                    Wish they would come out with something newer and updated than just another 700. Plenty of manufacturers have past Remington by.
                    The Remington 800: a modern, smaller receiver version of the Model 8 & 81 Woodmaster, with slightly longer travel recoiling barrel, chambered in options of .260 Remington, 7mm-08 Remington, and .308 Winchester, albeit with synthetic 3-way adjustable butt-stock and M-Lock forend, pic rail for scopes, using detachable Magpul SR25/M110 magazines.

                    That would do for me nicely, and what a great way to reintroduce the .260 Remington, and 7mm-08 Remington to a new generation of shooters and hunters.

                    ------
                    Last edited by The Gleam; 07-02-2021, 11:09 PM.
                    -----------------------------------------------
                    Originally posted by Librarian
                    What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

                    If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      elSquid
                      In Memoriam
                      • Aug 2007
                      • 11844

                      Originally posted by damon1272
                      Wish they would come out with something newer and updated than just another 700. Plenty of manufacturers have past Remington by.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        rromeo
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 6981

                        To answer the question, there are new production 870s in the wild. My LGS has had a couple.
                        Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

                        - from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
                        (Revised Eastern Sect Edition)

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Bill Bored
                          Member
                          • May 2019
                          • 147

                          I want them to make a left hand AR in 25-20 with 30 rd mags

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            200Apples
                            -DVC- Mojave Lever Crew
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Dec 2011
                            • 7217

                            Originally posted by pythonfan
                            First ad for sale I've seen. Now I'm scouring the big box webpages to see if anyone else has them yet.

                            In your post's attached image is a screenshot of a MidwayUSA ad featuring a new 870 Express for $399...

                            Their website lists the same weapon for $419... was there any discount code involved?

                            Either way, that looks like a great value for a great tool. I'd be ALL OVER that one if I had an inexpensive FFL handy... my closest FFL charges too much for a transfer (to purchase directly from MidwayUSA, that is). I would imagine, if I could get back in there without having to schedule an appointment, they might have some in stock if not now, soon.

                            I don't really need this new Express because I already have two pretty sweet short-barreled (18.5") 1980 Wingmasters. Only one has a mag tube extension but that is a one-shot extension. Five in the tube.

                            And so on and so forth...


                            .
                            "Get a proper holster, and go hot. The End." - SplitHoof

                            NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy Elon Musk's Twitter User SomthingWicked

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              BajaJames83
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jun 2011
                              • 6040

                              I want a new V3!
                              Might be lukcy as their mew production guns are hitting shelves
                              NRA Endowment Life Member
                              USMC 2001-2012

                              Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

                              John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
                              James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                deckhandmike
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Jan 2011
                                • 8325

                                Originally posted by ACfixer
                                I pray we see flagship Remington shotguns and rifles soon and that this never happens again. Concentrate on the iconic models and nothing else guys, we don't need 47 different versions of the 700. Give us a quality action and barrel, a decent trigger and stock. Let us do the rest.
                                If someone is going to make 47 versions of the same rifle it would be nice if there was maybe 2 options at least for lefties.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1