Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Pricing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 1911 Guru
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2018
    • 10

    Pricing advice

    I've been a member here for a bit, reading and such over that time, but never interacting much. As of three weeks ago, my significant other was hospitalized, for non-Covid reasons, and according to the doctor the outlook is not good. I'm an older man, and fully grasp that what he's saying has a lot of truth. While I'm trying to be optimistic, the facts still exist.

    I have a SA 1911 .45 Custom with half rail. As my bucke list gun, I found one in new condition a few months ago from the original buyer, took it to the range and put about 100 quality rounds through it, cleaned it and put it away. The only signs of wear on are on top of the barrel that's exposed though the ejection port. It's immaculate otherwise.

    I'm at a point of confusion, knowing that if she passes, I'll need the income. If I have to list it, what should I list it at? We all know it's an expensive piece, and I paid upwards of $3k. I just don't want to "give it away"...

    For those that might have an interest, it's in the San Diego area and will be listed as such if the need arises.

    Best,

    1911 Guru
    Last edited by 1911 Guru; 01-14-2021, 6:25 AM.
  • #2
    edgerly779
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Aug 2009
    • 19871

    Good luck with her health issues. Hopefully she gets better and you can continue to enjoy your 1911 . I have 4 . Post a pic of 1911
    Last edited by edgerly779; 01-14-2021, 6:49 AM.

    Comment

    • #3
      Mr. Beretta
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2005
      • 6614

      Can't help on the pricing but I hope things go well for both you & her in these crazy times.

      Good Luck.

      Comment

      • #4
        The War Wagon
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Apr 2011
        • 10294

        Sorry to hear about the wife - that's always hard news to absorb.

        Like they always say on "Pawn Stars" - "I'm buying the item, NOT the story," BUT...


        Stick to listing it on forums first, WITH the story, and your original purchase price - you're more likely to get a sympathetic Samaritan HERE, than through Gunbroker or Armslist.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          norcalAF
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Jul 2012
          • 1654

          I hope your SO's health issues are resolved favorably, if you want to sell it, post it high and see what happens, you are under no obligation to take a low offer. If it is a bucket list gun, perhaps sell other items that don't have the attachment first. I know I have a bunch of Glocks that would see the auction block before several other pieces. Best of luck to you OP.

          Comment

          • #6
            morrcarr67
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jul 2010
            • 15053

            Sorry for the news about your SO.

            I have now idea as to what these are going for. All I can say is that with the current market you should be able to at least get back what you have into it.
            Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

            Originally posted by Erion929

            Comment

            • #7
              naz
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2020
              • 3108

              Comment

              • #8
                CWL
                Senior Member
                CGN Contributor
                • Aug 2009
                • 1488

                Sorry to hear about your situation.

                Wherever you list it, including here, be careful of thieves & rip-offs.

                Try listing it for what you paid for it, it will be a 3rd-hangun from what I'm reading so asking full retail may not be possible. Also, 1911s, unless basic or really rare, are not selling for as much of a premium as Glocks
                Vae Victis

                Comment

                • #9
                  zhyla
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2009
                  • 2017

                  Sorry to hear

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    1911 Guru
                    Junior Member
                    • Feb 2018
                    • 10

                    Thank you, all, for the kind words. I've tried to get away from the "ex" term, but she's my ex of 18 years and my best friend. The last two + weeks have been a rollercoaster of information and emotions. One day she's doing better and the next day there's a set back.

                    I'll go so far as to say this. READ THE LABELS ON OTC PAIN KILLERS! Tylenol is just as dangerous as it says with regards to its effect on the liver.

                    I'll certainly take everyone's advice into consideration "if" I sell. I've also got a well-used TRP Operator but it's my go-to. I can't see letting it go. Time will tell, though.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      LMT4ME
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 2170

                      If it’s a Custom Shop SA i.e. says custom shop on rail and box, then I’d think you’d get more than you payed for it’s because the lengthily lead time and custom shop SA are in the same league as Wilson Combat and Nighthawk, etc. Not my opinion but Larry Vickers’s. Go on gunbroker and search for SA custom shop to get an idea.

                      Hope all works out so you don’t have to sell.
                      Last edited by LMT4ME; 01-15-2021, 3:08 PM.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Snoopy47
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 3891

                        I would also not limit the OP's sales web to Cal Guns. He'd be missing out on potential motivated buyers with money. Gunbroker for example.
                        Before there was Polymer there was Accuracy.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1