Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What do you do with your gun boxes/cases?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Robert1234
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2006
    • 3080

    Originally posted by wooshna
    left in plain sight in my closet top shelf loaded with a bag of sand to make it feel like it has a gun in there. locked with a semi expensive lock to make sure that if someone is going to rob the house they get away with bags of dirt thinking they hit the mother load and not tearing down walls to find the the real vault.
    This might be the best post I've ever read on this forum.

    Comment

    • #32
      Robert1234
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2006
      • 3080

      Plastic ones get kept in basement, some people want them when they buy guns.

      Cardboard boxes get ****canned, no reason to keep them, the only ones with identifying info are Ruger 10/22 or PCC; too many of those in existence to be of any value.

      Comment

      • #33
        jeffyhog
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2010
        • 2759

        Put them all in a big box, label the box "Garage Sale Junk" and throw it on top of one of your garage cabinets.

        Comment

        • #34
          SCVlongstroke
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2018
          • 725

          They go with my TV boxes and milk cartons. Trash

          Comment

          • #35
            madland
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2011
            • 1291

            Originally posted by Garv

            The only one I got rid of was a cardboard box from my M&P 15-22.
            I still have my box.

            Is there any other brand other than Glock that doesn't have the built-in padlock loop on their cases. I find that a bit annoying when you consider you're supposed to transport a firearm in a locked container.

            Comment

            • #36
              Killer Bee
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2010
              • 2199

              Originally posted by ARFrog
              I use my garage rafters to store the boxes. They are great dust catchers!
              same here, up where nothing else is practical to store..

              Originally posted by AragornElessar86
              yep. No idea why I save them, but I do. I keep all the boxes for my Lego also. *shrug*
              why? same reason I get all giddy when I find an old gun in the box, to pass that excitement on to future generations

              same with my 70's Lego - some boxes, all the manuals, and most of the pieces.. my 9yo has been enjoying for couple of years now





              I started out with nothing - and I still have most of it

              Comment

              • #37
                omega
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2005
                • 3114

                I always keep the box, especially if it's a plastic case with owner's manual, and other items, the gun is incomplete if you throw away the factory container.

                like buying a factory DVD or some other valuable item and throwing away the case, it's part of the history

                Comment

                • #38
                  Bull Elk
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 4207

                  Keep them

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    PaperTarget
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2012
                    • 786

                    I keep the boxes. I shouldn't take up the space but I do.

                    I used to do that thinking the boxes and paperwork would make a nice package for selling a gun in the future.

                    Then I found out the rug that came with the HiPower is now worth more that $5. And I keep them because the dust collectors are collector items.

                    I don't think I'll ever sell the Python but I still keep the box.

                    At least the long gun boxes in the attic gave the termite guy something to rifle through. With this thread, I may put bags of sand in them along with spring "snakes".

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      223556
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 3349

                      I sold them all off. But have one Glock box now from a recent purchase.
                      Figured I have pistol pouches and a safe so no need for the case.
                      I’m kinda a minimalist and didn’t like storing cases for no reason.
                      Cardboard boxes glove tossed.
                      "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

                      "Between your faith and my Glock 9mm I'll take the Glock."
                      - Arnold Schawarzenegger (End of Days)

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        GeeBee49
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2020
                        • 1981

                        I've never considered throwing away the plastic cases my handguns game in. Why would I do that?
                        They are in large market size cardboard boxes on a shelf in the garage.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          GeeBee49
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2020
                          • 1981

                          It is also a good idea to keep the plastic boxes in case you ever move. I have soft cases for all my rifles and more than enough gun rugs for my handguns that don't have a plastic box.
                          It's better than wrapping them in blankets and bath towels.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            heidad01
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 2012
                            • 4902

                            Never throw away your gun boxes.
                            In case of moving, you can pack them in original boxes.
                            In case of selling, a gun without the original box is looked at no differetly than one that bubba is selling from the trunk of his car.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              DrjonesUSA
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2005
                              • 4701

                              Originally posted by ARFrog
                              I use my garage rafters to store the boxes. They are great dust catchers!
                              Yep, this.

                              I keep all original paperwork, boxes, etc.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Preston-CLB
                                Veteran Member
                                • Apr 2018
                                • 4299

                                I keep my gun boxes, and all original paperwork. Glad I did. I had to send my Ruger Single Six in for service, so I sent the plastic box inside a cardboard box. When I got the gun back, Ruger even sent me my original plastic box.

                                I also keep camera gear and computer equipment boxes in case I have to ship an item. I keep all original paperwork for these, too.
                                -P
                                ? "If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you are satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1