Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

One YEAR

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    bruceflinch
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2006
    • 40155

    You have just showed a few symptoms, Sir!
    Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

    I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

    Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

    Secret Club Member?.

    Comment

    • #17
      5968
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2006
      • 3557

      Originally posted by rolly
      quality not quantity
      That is how I started out.^
      sigpicIf you loan someone twenty dollars and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
      Originally posted by hoffmang
      NFA is a long ways off as well it should be. Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...-Gene

      Comment

      • #18
        Maltese Falcon
        Ordo Militaris Templi
        CGN Contributor
        • Feb 2009
        • 6752

        ....when you absolutely are convinced that firearms and more ammo are "can't miss" better than your 401k...

        Comment

        • #19
          FS00008
          Senior Member
          • May 2008
          • 1975

          I dunno, I started "my" collection (Not stuff that was given to me) with Mosin-Nagants and they just seem to "double" in my safe without me doing anything. It's when you need to buy two new safes in one year that you have a problem...
          "No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
          legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer."

          Comment

          • #20
            CABilly
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2008
            • 1613

            Pretty similar story, here. I bought a Tracker early last May, my first gun (as an adult.) About 4 weeks later I got in on the Kimber GB here that Serpentine facilitated. A bit of a lull while I shot and enjoyed my guns. Then I moved on a .270 rifle. Then I bought a big safe (the rifle stayed at dad's until the safe arrived). Then I brought my long guns home and freed up some of Dad's safe. So by the time the big safe got home, I had 2 pistols, one hunting rifle, a 10-22 and a 20ga shotgun to put in it. And about 1200 rounds for each (closer to 3000 for the 10-22). Then I got in on the Kaiser Defense lower GB here - also picked up a LPK and some mags - I don't know why I bought more than one 10-rounder but I'll maybe try to sell the extras. Then I bought a G19. Now I'm waiting to seal a deal on a Mossberg 500.

            I've also managed to reinfect my dad, who'd had several years of remission. I convinced him we should get successive Kimbers. Then a while later he told me about the DE he'd just bought. A while after that he told me to be on the lookout for 10mm ammo for his new Glock.

            So that's 8 for me over 13 months, plus 3 for my dad thanks to me.

            I'd say we're in the same boat, but you don't want to be here. It capsized and I lost all those guns and ammo. What a waste.
            Don't feed the cannibals.

            Comment

            • #21
              rolly
              Member
              • May 2008
              • 493

              i wonder....what' s about men and guns ? a Love story !

              Comment

              • #22
                Jonathan Doe

                Originally posted by rolly
                One year ago I was buying my FIRST gun.
                It was a VTR 700


                Since that date I bought A RCBS press with all the goodies, a 357 S&W 686P, Leupold scope and plenty more accessories, two rifle cases, around 1000 ammo, ordered an AICS 2.0


                I think I got the disease...
                You've got a long way to go.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Black Majik
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 9695

                  Where's the Glock, the classic P-series SIG, the 1911, the .22 pistol, the .22 rifle, the (or any) polymer guns, the shotguns, or the EBR?!?!???

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    rolly
                    Member
                    • May 2008
                    • 493

                    ok just got a new storm case and a black powder rifle (TC Hawken .50cal)

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Flying Bones
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 1419

                      8 months ago... 1 xd .40 sub...

                      Now
                      15k ammo and another 10k burned up
                      Dang EBR
                      Originally posted by Aleksei Vasiliev
                      What's the best way to turn a black glock pink?
                      Originally posted by huck
                      You still can't wear it in the parade.


                      Lord, protect me from my friends. I can handle my enemies.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        audihenry
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 2909

                        Originally posted by rolly
                        One year ago I was buying my FIRST gun.
                        It was a VTR 700


                        Since that date I bought A RCBS press with all the goodies, a 357 S&W 686P, Leupold scope and plenty more accessories, two rifle cases, around 1000 ammo, ordered an AICS 2.0


                        I think I got the disease...
                        You got GAS: Gun Acquisition Syndrome lol

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          rolly
                          Member
                          • May 2008
                          • 493

                          i got a benelli m4 to add to the collection

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1