Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock rusted bad, slide stuck. Pic!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    CessnaDriver
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Feb 2009
    • 10913

    Hey, the plastic didn't rust.


    "Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

    Comment

    • #17
      DoubleA
      Member
      • Nov 2012
      • 438

      Should buff right out.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

      Comment

      • #18
        P5Ret
        Calguns Addict
        • Oct 2010
        • 6397

        I doubt you could do any more damage to the barrel if he accidentally whacked it couple times with a mallet. He's probably going to need a good penetrating oil to break up the rust. I'd stand it in a small container slide down to avoid any potential damage to the frame, but at this point it may be moot.

        Hard lesson to learn about storage though.

        Comment

        • #19
          Barbarosa
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2013
          • 2166

          Make sure it's not loaded before doing.anything.

          Comment

          • #20
            Mr. Beretta
            Calguns Addict
            • Dec 2005
            • 6614

            Originally posted by Master_Prestige
            Glock perfection !
            ....

            Comment

            • #21
              ourTINman
              Member
              • Apr 2020
              • 168

              How do I avoid my gun turning to **** like that thing did? Just clean and layer with some CLP every 2-3 months?

              Comment

              • #22
                P5Ret
                Calguns Addict
                • Oct 2010
                • 6397

                Originally posted by ourTINman
                How do I avoid my gun turning to **** like that thing did? Just clean and layer with some CLP every 2-3 months?
                Don't ever store it any any type of case long term, especially cloth or foam that attract and hold moisture.

                Comment

                • #23
                  warbird
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2010
                  • 2049

                  I have had some revolvers and pistols in storage for years and never had something like that. with all the guns i have it can get easy to be overlooked for more than a couple of years but the only gun I have seen this bad was a S&W 38 chief's special and it took three days to get it to rotate, open, and remove the rounds my mother left in it. It was my fathers and she swore she never touched it which turned out to be a lie since she let a nephew use it to target practice with in the hills and he never cleaned it. Good luck on getting it back in firing order adn I would get new parts or let a gunsmith look at it.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    joepamjohn
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2009
                    • 2709

                    Originally posted by 67Cuda
                    That is total abuse of a firearm.

                    He should sell what he got?.
                    "You can't handle the truth"

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      CWL
                      Senior Member
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 1488

                      I'm not a Glock fanboy nor do I believe in Glock perfection, but it ain't Glock's fault that pistol got buggered-up that bad.

                      Never use those cloth zippered pads for storage. Use silicone socks if ya want, they're cheap enough.
                      Vae Victis

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Fang415
                        Member
                        • Apr 2020
                        • 155

                        New slide

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          ourTINman
                          Member
                          • Apr 2020
                          • 168

                          Originally posted by P5Ret
                          Don't ever store it any any type of case long term, especially cloth or foam that attract and hold moisture.
                          Can't you just throw in some silica packets and lubricate the gun with some gun oil or grease or CLP and be safe? The silica should absorb the water moisture and the oil based stuff should be fine for a while longer. Does this logic make sense? I am just trying to think of sensible long term storage solutions that don't involve a gun safe.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            woolybugger
                            Member
                            • Mar 2016
                            • 337

                            Wow thats bad all ive ever experienced is some very light surface rust or fingerprint ool marks. All exposed steel now has a good coating of clp.
                            It looks like it was at the bottom of a saltwater tackle box

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              CessnaDriver
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 10913

                              He got it open! Said the barrel is rusted inside and flaking around. He's going to clean and inspect everything and see if he can get away with just replacing barrel. Waiting for some more pics.


                              "Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                CessnaDriver
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 10913

                                Originally posted by Barbarosa
                                Make sure it's not loaded before doing.anything.
                                Yeah that was my first question for him. LOL


                                "Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1