Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

If you could only keep one firearm. What would it be

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    rudigan
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 2061

    My NAA mini revolver in 22lr, because this is really not very relevant
    Member & Contributor CRPA/NRA

    Comment

    • #32
      Mayor McRifle
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2013
      • 7771

      18” Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle.
      Anchors Aweigh

      sigpic

      Comment

      • #33
        Diversity210
        Member
        • Jul 2019
        • 114

        I started this thread and just realized I posted what I would choose.

        My choice would be my Marlin 336 in 30-30. I made this choice for a number of reasons. Its reliable and easy to maintain. Few parts that need to be serviced and can be done quickly. Its maneuverable for close quarters. Light enough to walk for miles with and wont hinder me if I have to run. Powerful enough round to accurately stop a human threat at 200 hundred. Very capable hunting rifle. Its not ideal for protection against large animals like a grizzly, but is proven and known to stop a grizzly with a well placed shot. Its not as threatening as something like an AR. If I have to walk for miles in a SHTF scenario potentially having to move through populated areas I dont want to come off as a threat. Also there no one is trying to take or bad lever action rifle. Its a safe bet that they will leave single actions alone


        Last edited by Diversity210; 03-02-2020, 9:23 PM.

        Comment

        • #34
          Diversity210
          Member
          • Jul 2019
          • 114

          Originally posted by AGGRO
          This thread is like a poll for gun grabbers. Post count....counts. What gun do they ban next.
          I understand the second amendment is under attack, but I not paranoid enough to think they are trolling forums looking for the next firearm that people like so they can ban it. Then again we are in California and you never know just how far the libs will go to try and assert their agenda
          Last edited by Diversity210; 03-02-2020, 9:02 PM.

          Comment

          • #35
            Diversity210
            Member
            • Jul 2019
            • 114

            Originally posted by rudigan
            My NAA mini revolver in 22lr, because this is really not very relevant
            Would it not have been easier and occupied less of your time to just move on to a thread that you thought was relevant rather than posting on a threat you obviously think is irrelevant?

            Comment

            • #36
              deckhandmike
              Calguns Addict
              • Jan 2011
              • 8325

              My AK.

              Comment

              • #37
                rudigan
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2011
                • 2061

                Originally posted by Diversity210
                Would it not have been easier and occupied less of your time to just move on to a thread that you thought was relevant rather than posting on a threat you obviously think is irrelevant?
                No, and sometimes this can be therapeutic
                Member & Contributor CRPA/NRA

                Comment

                • #38
                  DolphinFan
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 2584

                  M1A National Match
                  10/15/2022 - Called to get on the list
                  2/18/2023 - Interview set
                  4/27/2023 - Class
                  4/30/2023 - Live Scan
                  5/9/2023 - Interview
                  6/26/2023 - Approval Letter
                  8/1/2023 - Issued

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Humboldt Leatherneck
                    Member
                    • Mar 2018
                    • 437

                    Originally posted by BigPimping
                    Remington 870. Interchangeable barrels, self defense, acquire food, multiple kinds of ammo I can use.
                    I have to agree with BP on this one...

                    One of my Remington 870s in 12 gauge with a couple of barrels in a factory hard plastic case.

                    sigpicMember of the N.R.A., Marine Corps League, and American Legion.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      cdtx2001
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 6630

                      If I own 2 guns and the government confiscates them both, how many do I have left?

                      25, because I'm an American and I lied about how many I really own.
                      Custom made Tail Gunner Trailer Hitch for sale.
                      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...php?p=17820185

                      "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid" -Han Solo

                      "A dull knife is as useless as the man who would dare carry it"

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        1911Brian
                        Member
                        • Jul 2017
                        • 137

                        Originally posted by deckhandmike
                        My AK.
                        I was waiting for someone to say it !
                        "If you're afraid to fail , then you're probably going to fail." - Kobe Bryant

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          1911Brian
                          Member
                          • Jul 2017
                          • 137

                          Originally posted by cdtx2001
                          If I own 2 guns and the government confiscates them both, how many do I have left?

                          25, because I'm an American and I lied about how many I really own.
                          LMFAO
                          "If you're afraid to fail , then you're probably going to fail." - Kobe Bryant

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            GeeBee49
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2020
                            • 1981

                            Sorry, can't do it. I can get the list down to five or six but from there I can't pick just one.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              colossians323
                              Crusader for the truth!
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 21637

                              Originally posted by Diversity210
                              I was just thinking about the constant attack on the second amendment, the ever changing gun control laws, and SHTF situations where you could only grab one firearm, some ammo for it, and get out of dodge.

                              So if you could only keep or have one firearm. What would it be?


                              - Please list the specific firearm you would choose and post a picture of that firearm only

                              - Only Pictures and descriptions of a firearm you own. Nothing that you would want to have. This is last minute situation and that would dictate you need to grab something and get out. Not go to the store, buy a firearm, and wait 10 days to pick it up.

                              - Please give a brief description of why you would choose that particular firearm

                              - Looking for practical well thought out choices here, not just your favorite firearm.

                              - No either this one or that one. Firm decisions only. Remember you can only keep one

                              - Also please keep it friendly. Dont put down other peoples choice and their reasoning for it.

                              Last but not least. Thank you to all who participate.




                              Seriously though
                              Probably a RR M16
                              Slings easily
                              Light weight
                              ammo would be plentiful
                              magazines everywhere
                              Parts readily available
                              Red dot sight for quick acquisition of target
                              BUIS that cowitness with the red dot
                              Select fire, so its good for suppression if needed
                              Quick disconnect suppressor so I am not blowing my ears out.
                              Last edited by colossians323; 03-03-2020, 7:16 AM.
                              LIVE FREE OR DIE!

                              M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

                              Originally posted by M. Sage
                              I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                jarhead714
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Dec 2012
                                • 9659

                                A2 Service Rifle.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1