Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Remington shuts down TAPCO too...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    SDPatriot
    Member
    • May 2010
    • 459

    Sad to see Tapco go. Bought alot of their AK folding stocks and Mini 14 T-6's.

    Comment

    • #17
      shooter777
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2009
      • 649

      Comment

      • #18
        Full Clip
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Dec 2006
        • 10266

        Originally posted by Devilock04
        The Tapco, DPMS, and Bushmaster websites are already gone... I guess no clearance on part.
        Wonder if all the back stock will end up on Numrich.

        Comment

        • #19
          ACfixer
          Calguns Addict
          • Feb 2012
          • 6102

          Originally posted by -hanko
          ...they will be focusing on their core hunting and shooting brands...
          Which is what Remington should have been doing all along. When I think Remington I think the 700, the 12, and the 1100.
          Buy made in USA whenever possible.

          Comment

          • #20
            DesertDave100
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2016
            • 547

            Originally posted by Full Clip
            Wonder if all the back stock will end up on Numrich.
            CDDN has been running sales on the discontinued brands for a few weeks now, prior to this announcement. They don't ship to CA, but one can purchase them in the free world.
            NRA Life Member CRPA Life Member

            Registration is the first step towards confiscation.

            I identify as Non-Bidenary

            Originally posted by Kurgan
            This is OT where we never let the facts get in the way of a salacious accusation. Especially when it includes the butt.

            Comment

            • #21
              ar15barrels
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2006
              • 57182

              Originally posted by kcheung2
              I guess for the 308AR platform, the DPMS gen2 format will now be an orphan.
              It always was.
              Besides DPMS, what other companies produced bolt carrier groups and receivers for it?

              Same thing as WSSM's from Olympic.
              Nobody else produced the parts and when Olympic shutdown, that's the end of it.
              Randall Rausch

              AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
              Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
              Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
              Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
              Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

              Comment

              • #22
                Full Clip
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Dec 2006
                • 10266

                Originally posted by DesertDave100
                CDDN has been running sales on the discontinued brands for a few weeks now, prior to this announcement. They don't ship to CA, but one can purchase them in the free world.
                Sadly, CDDN is CDDN.
                They are dead to me, just like Cheaper Than Dirt.

                Comment

                • #23
                  -hanko
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Jul 2002
                  • 14174

                  Originally posted by DesertDave100
                  CDDN has been running sales on the discontinued brands for a few weeks now, prior to this announcement. They don't ship to CA, but one can purchase them in the free world.
                  ...or find someone out of state who you trust.
                  True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

                  Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

                  Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

                  A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    tuolumnejim
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jun 2008
                    • 11199

                    I used to but their Sten MKIII 10 packs it broke down to 14.95 a kit. Thought I was making a fortune reselling them for 50.00 a kit.

                    Oh and mags were 2.00 each.
                    In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
                    Publius Cornelius Scipio

                    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.
                    ― Thomas Jefferson

                    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
                    John Adams

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Pofoo
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 1689

                      I can understand them buying and then shutting down a completer, but what did Tapco make that Remington also made? Seems like the carcass should be worth something?

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Donny1
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2010
                        • 2349

                        Just another bad decision by Remington. Not a fan of the company anymore. I have 2 Remington shotguns that I would never part with but dealing with them is a PIA. They denied 2 valid rebates, one on a gun and one on an ammo purchase. And the tragic quality they managed when they took over Marlin was beyond normal thinking. They tried to deny they had an issue with the 60 & 795 having canted receivers when in fact it was more than 5k guns. I gave up trying to get them to fix 2 of them because it was pointless, the barrels were so cheap they were shot out in very little time.

                        I have since voted against them with my $$ spent elsewhere.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          nitroxdiver
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 6979

                          Just when we thought the Bushmaster ACR might finally start getting some long awaited promised support, boom, just kidding.
                          Unfortunate.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1