Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Cannot bring any ammo at all into CA?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Marauder2003
    Waiting for Abs
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Aug 2010
    • 3119

    Originally posted by fishnbeer
    What about agricultural check point at most border crossings?
    I very seldom saw a staffed booth at the I-15 NV border at 05:00. Imagine the amount of lemons, oranges and .45 ACP I could have snuck in.
    #NotMyPresident
    #ArrestFauci
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #17
      d0091sa
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2019
      • 33

      Originally posted by fishnbeer
      What about agricultural check point at most border crossings?
      They get the silent treatment from me. Not searching my vehicle and not asking me any questions that will yield a response.... Same with the Texas border check that's 50 miles from the border.

      Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

      Comment

      • #18
        elk hunter
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2014
        • 2122

        A nonresident can not buy any ammo in the great utopia but we can transport our own into the restricted zone behind the restricted zone. I plan to go quail and dove hunting there and will haul my own in, case after case after case on each trip. I don't know if I can store it in that place but I can give it to someone if I cant. Ya'll have a nice day folks, I'm gonna get some things ready to take a drive out into the desert tomorrow looking for a elk dumb enough to stand close to the road.

        Comment

        • #19
          edgerly779
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Aug 2009
          • 19871

          Only supposed to bring back 50 rounds of your own ammo. I do not count or worry about it. I took a bunch of handloads in couple calibers elk hunting and shot some and brought the rest back. Going duck and hog hunting in a week taking a bunch down to leave at hunting ranch.

          Comment

          • #20
            ar15barrels
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2006
            • 57175

            Originally posted by fishnbeer
            What about agricultural check point at most border crossings?
            Ammo is not an agricultural item.
            USDA does not care.
            Border patrol does not care either because ammo is not an illegal alien.
            Randall Rausch

            AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
            Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
            Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
            Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
            Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

            Comment

            • #21
              Bill Carson
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2009
              • 3574

              Took a bunch of Ca bought ammo to Yuma for the dove hunt and returned with a bunch of ca bought ammo.

              Comment

              • #22
                -hanko
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Jul 2002
                • 14174

                Originally posted by sigstroker
                If I understand it correctly, a person cannot legally bring any ammo at all into the state if they are attending a class or a match?
                I'd suggest you look up the definitions for "cannot" and "may not". For all practical purposes, the law is ignored and unenforceable.
                True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

                Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

                Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

                A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

                Comment

                • #23
                  Usmc0844spare
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2016
                  • 1318

                  You sure about the "Can give it away" part?

                  I would think CA would consider giving ammo to someone a transfer regardless of price.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    sigstroker
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 19859

                    I'm very forgetful though. I might easily leave and forget to pack up my ammo.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      NorCalBusa
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 1497

                      Originally posted by edgerly779
                      ^^ Lots of posts on this no one has been asked about ammo as far as I know. Some dummies go to gun shows and stock up on illegal goodies and are caught by doj UC'S attending shows and stopped in Ca. Go to gun show with ca plates and blatently shop. Just clueless.
                      I still find it bizzare a California Peace Officer can go undercover, out of state, not be in fresh pursuit (no crime has been committed), observe a non-crime business transaction, lose sight of the customer, regain sight and then lawfully make a bust after they cross state line back into California. Defies common sense and logic. Oh wait, we are in California so maybe it does make sense...
                      If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        r8dr rider
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 1983

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Spaffo
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2013
                          • 1358

                          Unenforceable, as far as coming into California with ammunition, unless some probable cause was developed. I avoid the issue by having my California ammo in California, and my Nevada ammo in Nevada.
                          Other than my yearly LEOSA qualification, I don't shoot in California. I only shoot at Clark County range in Vegas.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            J_BomBer
                            Member
                            • Aug 2016
                            • 129

                            Originally posted by fishnbeer
                            What about agricultural check point at most border crossings?
                            Shotgun Tom Kelly

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              colt11
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2012
                              • 697

                              It's my understanding if you bought the ammo in Kalifornia, then leave to go shooting, attend a class, self defense, etc, you can return with the unused portion of ammo.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Featureless
                                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                                CGN Contributor
                                • Mar 2018
                                • 2267

                                We have a lawless fed.gov after 8 years of a lawless POTUS we're undergoing 4 years of a criminal cabal - Democrats - to overturn the result of the election..........

                                I'd say we're rapidly approaching "anything goes" territory.
                                California Native
                                Lifelong Gun Owner
                                NRA Member
                                CRPA Member

                                ....."He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance."

                                Declaration of Independence, 1776

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1