Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Seeing limits on PPT?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Spaffo
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2013
    • 1359

    I don't do business with FFLs that pull that kind of bs. A longer trip with less craziness is a better option. IMHO

    Comment

    • #17
      john myers
      Member
      • Jul 2013
      • 414

      many lgs have storage issues during the holidays
      they want to save space for their sales

      Comment

      • #18
        SomeGuy75
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2015
        • 1405

        Aren’t LGS legally required to perform PPTs? Shouldn’t we be calling the DOJ and reporting this crap? Like we need one more thing against us gun owners in this communist state!!

        Comment

        • #19
          Bigtwin
          Veteran Member
          • May 2010
          • 2639

          Good God you're out of your f****** mind.
          NRA MEMBER

          Comment

          • #20
            boogak
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Mar 2006
            • 1692

            City arms was my go to for ppts and I bought many firearms from them. Some using the money I sold during a ppt there. To be honest I doubt I will give them anymore business since they required appointments. Their excuse to me was they were bombarded with ppts but there were barely anybody in the store with me. I have been buying there since the last 15 years. Not buying from them anymore

            Comment

            • #21
              GunToasted BarbaroGun
              Junior Member
              • May 2019
              • 84

              I have done many PPT at SC guns in Santa Clara. Never had a problem. Best LGS in the south bay because of the costumer service. They will never give you the "attitude" that you usually get in other gun shops when you said you want to do PPT.

              Comment

              • #22
                Carcassonne
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2012
                • 4897

                Originally posted by jguevara_95
                What FFL has said that?I live in SF also and I have PPT at City Arms in Pacifica and they have never mentioned anything about a limit. They have said they will sometimes only do handguns because of space. Peninsula Tactical has not told me anything when i have PPT with them. Must be something new the past couple of months?
                City Arms sometimes will not do a PPT because they have no more room in their safe to store the gun.



                .
                Be sure to ask your doctor if depression, rectal bleeding, and suicide are right for you.

                In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

                I am being held hostage in a giant insane asylum called Earth.

                Comment

                • #23
                  jguevara_95
                  Member
                  • Oct 2017
                  • 324

                  [QUOTE=ronlglock;23647258]

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    splithoof
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2015
                    • 6028

                    Well Mrs. Pelosi, if that's how you operate, you get what you deserve. You'd probably rat out a neighbor to the city for placing his trash cans out an hour early. I'd bet you were the class tattle-tale in grade school.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      SomeGuy75
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2015
                      • 1405

                      Originally posted by splithoof
                      Well Mrs. Pelosi, if that's how you operate, you get what you deserve. You'd probably rat out a neighbor to the city for placing his trash cans out an hour early. I'd bet you were the class tattle-tale in grade school.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Blownmotor
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2010
                        • 1334

                        Just report all LGS that refuse to PPT to DOJ. Gotta make their stupidity hurt
                        History doesn't repeat itself but it rhymes

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Spaffo
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2013
                          • 1359

                          Vote with your pocketbooks. I don't patronize these non-compliant FFLs, or ones that add layers of non-required paperwork.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            jrara
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2009
                            • 1728

                            My biggest issue with Peninsula Guns.

                            For the first part of the year = "Can't do PPT because we have no storage"
                            This has been going on for 3 to 4 months.

                            My Last PPT with them (only reason I did a ppt there was because I was doing a trade with a Person who had some Pull) = "We would like to know whose the FFL refusing to do PPTs"

                            I wanted to do a face-palm right then and there.
                            Current Armory:
                            HK p7m8
                            Dan Wesson Guardian 9mm
                            Hi-Power Practical
                            Baby Eagle 9mm
                            P99 AS
                            Glock 43

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              heidad01
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2012
                              • 4902

                              Originally posted by Spaffo
                              Vote with your pocketbooks. I don't patronize these non-compliant FFLs, or ones that add layers of non-required paperwork.
                              This^^^

                              Remember the ffls that refused you the service. Next time, and every time you are about to buy a gun, call them and ask for the owner/manager/big wig. Ask him his price on what ever it is you are going to buy. Once he tells you his price, tell him that is a great price! But you are going to buy it from xxx because he refused you the ppt last time you went to his store.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Wildhawk66
                                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Mar 2006
                                • 3608


                                10th day now. I did a PPT at Reeds recently and the earliest possible pickup was after 5pm on a Thursday. The employee said the fee would apply if the buyer did not pickup between 5pm and closing that same day. The buyer had come quite a ways and was a bit worried about being able to get back there on a work day through heavy traffic. I specifically asked the employee if he meant the next day and he said no, it must be picked up by the end of the same day it becomes available for pickup.

                                Reeds is absolutely predatory. To me, this is the same as a gas station charging $20 for a gallon of gas during an emergency. We have no other legal option and they know it, and they are still willing to completely bend us over.

                                The DOJ is clearly not going to do a thing about it as this has been in effect for several years. Reeds would love it if you took your PPTs elsewhere, especially if you kept shooting there too. We should have completely boycotted Reeds from the first day this policy took effect and we should absolutely be boycotting them now that they have set an example that other shops may be starting to follow.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1