Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Wilson combat 1911 - Why $3,100

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Army
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 3915

    Wilson's are no more "hand built" than any other production firearm. Wilson has a good name, and they capitalize on it.

    No 1911 is worth that much. I have a hard time figuring over $500 for one
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself...A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."......Cicero

    Comment

    • #17
      Saigon1965
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Nov 2003
      • 17278

      I hear our head janitor's favorite gun happens to be a Taurus -

      Comment

      • #18
        catnipper
        Member
        • Mar 2009
        • 308

        Highway robbery

        The Wilson is thousands of times better than a Taurus, but, that price is waaayyy hhiigghhhh....

        Comment

        • #19
          socalgunrunner
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2008
          • 614

          Originally posted by Bird of Fire
          They both tell time. One is a hand built precision machine, the other is not.
          These are not hand built. Can you say CNC? There's absolutely no reason why a 1911 style pistol should cost $3000, when an equivalent model with all the same features costs just a fraction of the price.

          In this particular case, you're just paying for the name. If you've got the money to burn, I say go for it. Maybe it will help you sleep better at night knowing that you can afford it.
          Last edited by socalgunrunner; 04-27-2009, 9:07 AM.
          "People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power. If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much to hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous" - Edmund Burke (1777)

          Comment

          • #20
            razr
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2008
            • 1415

            I dont know what you could possibly do to a handgun to make the price go up to $2800,00. But again, a very few are paying the price and are keeping Wilson and a few others in business.
            Last edited by razr; 04-28-2009, 8:33 PM.
            Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus.
            What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.
            Nothing worse than an overrated F*** and an underrated S***
            iF it'S nOt an aCt of goD, iT's a ConSpirAcy. If it can be measured, it can be optimized.
            "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." Chris Hitchens

            Comment

            • #21
              Greg-Dawg
              Banned
              • Oct 2006
              • 7793

              I can buy 7 NEW Glocks with that price.

              Comment

              • #22
                Sam
                Calguns Addict
                CGN Contributor
                • Jul 2008
                • 5205

                I own two Wilsons, a CQB with rail and an Elite Pro. Both are worth every penny. They both have excellent fit and finish, function 100% and are great shooters. Their customer service is absolutely excellent, best I've ever experienced out of any company, EVER. Their customer service is probably the best selling point. I confidently strap either to my waist, have the CQB next to me while I sleep and depend on both to protect the lives of my family and myself. Of course, this is obviously my own opinion but I am more than satisfied with my pistols and their price...you get what you pay for.

                Battlehatch, what shop do you work for? I'd be more than interested in renting a Tac Elite. I seriously need and am deciding on a third Wilson.

                OP:Those prices sound a tad high. I paid $2300 for a CQB w/ Rail a year ago and bought it from a small shop in Michigan and even with Wilson's price increase, $2900 for a CQB sounds high. Here's their current MSRP list: http://www.wilsoncombat.com/currentpricing.asp#pistols
                Last edited by Sam; 04-28-2009, 7:53 PM.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Vin496
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 8804

                  I can buy 7 NEW Glocks with that price.
                  You'll need 7 new pairs of pants too.
                  I think it can be confirmed that an alien xenomorph is absolutely no match for good ole' Alabama black snake!

                  and

                  If you're in a survival movie and the hot blond twists her ankle and can't walk, you damn well figure a way to carry her. If it's a dude, you shake his hand and say "best of luck".

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    razr
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 1415

                    I can honestly say my Stock SW 1911 shoots just as well as my Wilson as well as any of my old Colts. For 2800 bucks a pop you better be giving good customer service or you wont stay in business long enough to correct the problem.

                    They are priced high cause there arent that many of them produced, not because they are the best. Plus, how relaible does it "really" have to be to get 5 shots out?
                    Last edited by razr; 04-28-2009, 8:48 PM.
                    Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus.
                    What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.
                    Nothing worse than an overrated F*** and an underrated S***
                    iF it'S nOt an aCt of goD, iT's a ConSpirAcy. If it can be measured, it can be optimized.
                    "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." Chris Hitchens

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      catnipper
                      Member
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 308

                      I have had several 45's and the Wilson is the only one that would shoot any ammo I fed it and more accurately, than any gold cup, Kimber custom shop, SA or Para. This is of course my experience, but if I had a question about reliability with my 1911, I would use my Glock, just in case.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1