Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Yard sale finds!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    CoopsDad
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 1710

    Originally posted by Fishslayer
    Same here...
    I know, it felt low but I was unprepared for buying high dollar stuff; I was just looking for a decent yard sale chainsaw. I also bought more stuff than I should've in the last year. Guns, tractor, implements, fruit trees, built a chicken coop, bought chickens, etc. When he gave the price, I looked at every dime I had and made the counter offer. I know the A-5 is worth probably double what I paid but the guy also threw in a couple of boxes of dove loads and a cheap plastic gun case.

    OTOH, I got no chainsaw money now.

    Comment

    • #17
      Half Cocked
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2007
      • 1980

      Originally posted by 17+1
      I still remember when we were allowed to buy and sell older long guns face to face in California...
      Do you remember when we were able to buy guns through mail order and have them delivered to your door?

      Comment

      • #18
        humble servant
        Member
        • Feb 2010
        • 484

        Originally posted by zinfull
        How in good faith could you haggle on such a bargain?
        I was thinking the same thing! Like an episode of American pickers!

        Comment

        • #19
          HOGDOG1955
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2012
          • 2401

          i remember buying and selling guns at the san jose gun shows with just cash and a hand shake involved. and to this day i still hunt with a interarms virginia dragoon 44 mag i bought out of the salinas californian newspaper classifieds . all done legal and none had to be registered.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1