Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Dry fire Glock.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    whtl
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 1042

    Thank you guys FYI. I guess some of our members do not understand what Intelligence and Knowledge means.
    Lifetime NRA Member

    Comment

    • #17
      NYT
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Apr 2011
      • 3811

      Originally posted by skishooter
      A little pricey. Not having to pull the slide back for each practice shot makes a ton of difference in my dry fire results.

      https://www.dryfiremag.com/
      i use one with a mantisx and its prob the best training config i have ever experienced.

      Comment

      • #18
        nicky c
        Member
        • Jun 2016
        • 465

        Just put a rubber band or twist tie in the ejection port to keep the slide just barely out of battery.

        There are quite a few uspsa grand masters who would disagree with those of you re damaging a Glock with excessive dry fire..

        Comment

        • #19
          heidad01
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2012
          • 4902

          How many times does one need to dry fire a gun to get used to IT and the trigger??

          Or, is dry firing considered just a thing to do to pass the time?

          Comment

          • #20
            tonyxcom
            Calguns Addict
            • Aug 2011
            • 6397

            dry firing builds muscle memory so you don't flinch when you shoot.

            Comment

            • #21
              wpage
              Calguns Addict
              • Jan 2011
              • 6072

              What does Gaston Glock say?
              God so loved the world He gave His only Son... Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
              John 3:16

              NRA,,, Lifer

              United Air Epic Fail Video ...

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg

              Comment

              • #22
                G-forceJunkie
                Calguns Addict
                • Jul 2010
                • 6485

                Originally posted by wpage
                What does Gaston Glock say?
                It is safe to dryfire, but excessively will damage it. Good thing is they replaced the slide for free on a 34 brought to me with the breach face blown out from 100k+ dryfires.

                Comment

                • #23
                  trackcage
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2015
                  • 1777

                  Originally posted by heidad01
                  How many times does one need to dry fire a gun to get used to IT and the trigger??

                  Or, is dry firing considered just a thing to do to pass the time?
                  Ask a competition shooter it's not uncommon to spend several hours a week dry firing draws, transitions, reloads etc. I even have 1/3 size targets to set up small stages/drills

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Skip_Dog
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2017
                    • 2656

                    Be safe and keep ammo away from any place you plan to dry fire.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      wpage
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 6072

                      WELL...

                      Interesting...
                      QUOTE=G-forceJunkie;23024600]It is safe to dryfire, but excessively will damage it. Good thing is they replaced the slide for free on a 34 brought to me with the breach face blown out from 100k+ dryfires.[/QUOTE]
                      God so loved the world He gave His only Son... Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
                      John 3:16

                      NRA,,, Lifer

                      United Air Epic Fail Video ...

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        G-forceJunkie
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jul 2010
                        • 6485

                        Gaston designed a military side arm. How often does a military side arm get dry fired? Maybe a dozen of times a week, worst case senerio, to show clear or clean? Thats 624 times a year. Whats the expected service life of a military side arm, 20-30 years? That's less then 29k dry fires. Now take your IPSC/USPSA/Steelchallenge shooter who does a routine several hours week as trackcage mentioned above. 5-10 dryfires a minute. Thats 300-600 an hour, lets call it 1k per session. 2-3 sessions a a week thats 104-153k a year. On top of shooting ~100k live rounds a year. Gaston never had that in mind when he designed a gun that was "safe" to dry fire.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          deerdeerdeer
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 2014
                          • 2696

                          Originally posted by whtl
                          What is the best way to dry fire my G19 and G17 both Gen 3? Please share your intelligence and knowledge. Thanks.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            timbo399
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2010
                            • 1765

                            Originally posted by heidad01
                            How many times does one need to dry fire a gun to get used to IT and the trigger??

                            Or, is dry firing considered just a thing to do to pass the time?
                            I dry fire my semis while watching TV at night quite a bit. Drives my wife crazy. I have found over the past 6 mos, when I haven't gotten to the range nearly as much as I used to, it really helps with my trigger discipline.

                            I focus on my grip and squeezing the trigger straight back until it breaks and after doing that thousands of times I really do find it helps my shooting when I get back to the range.

                            I think most semis can be dry fired a ton without damage to the gun but I still do use snap caps for my 1911 and Beretta 92 which are my HD guns I dry fire the most.

                            Especially with the Beretta 92, it really gets me comfortable with that first DA pull.

                            Also, I have Crimson Trace lasers on some of my semis and make sure laser stays steady on the wall as I pull the trigger and no jumping around.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Chapped Hide
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2013
                              • 3901

                              Originally posted by Python6357
                              Step 1: Ensure the gun is unloaded
                              Step 2: Pull the trigger
                              Step 3: Repeat
                              Thread should have ended here
                              **** your feelings!

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Notpc
                                Veteran Member
                                • Nov 2016
                                • 3914

                                Just a note, you do not need to completely cycle the slide to achieve a trigger reset. If you get tired of picking up your snap caps, just pull the slide back a tad to get your trigger to reset. I personally use the "Dry Fire Magazine" in my G26. Works great.
                                "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain..."
                                Roy Batty

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1