Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just a gun question from your personal experience.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    sealocan
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2012
    • 9956

    ^ I understand, politics is a hot-button topic right now.

    Especially when you consider the completely and absolutely uselessness of the maglock / Bullet Button BS laws and how those laws make a good firearm into a terrible one, yet doesn't do one thing to prevent real crimes from happening.

    Comment

    • #17
      Nasc50
      Member
      • Sep 2017
      • 112

      Worse gun I ever owned is a tie between a Australian leader T2 and a ar180 from England both are long ago removed from my sight!

      Comment

      • #18
        Kyle1886
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2009
        • 4290

        Originally posted by sealocan
        ^ I understand, politics is a hot-button topic right now.

        Especially when you consider the completely and absolutely uselessness of the maglock / Bullet Button BS laws and how those laws make a good firearm into a terrible one, yet doesn't do one thing to prevent real crimes from happening.
        I've been lucky so far. All the arms that I've owned or shot work as they should except one 1911 .45 many years ago in the Corps. You had to "tea cup" hold it to keep the magazine in.

        Shooting one handed, it was a single shot. That soured me on 1911s, yet I know that was a one in a million pistol.

        (...and as a political point, once we are all declared "felons" then we can take off all those useless do-dads that compromise our arms and sleep well at night and not worry about becoming a "criminal").

        Sorry Sealocan, my sincere apologies, but at this stage guns and politics almost synonymous these days.

        Respectfully
        Kyle
        Here's to Calguns.net, past, present, and the future 🍸🍸​🍷🍻 🍹
        iTrader = +3, %100, Location: N. San Diego Co
        https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...6#post54001874
        _________+__________

        Comment

        • #19
          rp55
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Feb 2009
          • 1823

          OK, I'll get back on topic. The absolute worst gun I have ever owned was a Charter Arms Explorer II I picked up in a hardware store in South Carolina. I kind of liked Charter Arms in the mid-70's. The first weapon I ever purchased myself was a Charter Arms Explorer, licensed copy of the Armalite AR-7 survival rifle. It has been manufactured by several other companies and is now produced by Henry. James Bond used on to shoot down a helicopter in From Russia with love as I recall. It was fun to shoot and the only thing I disliked about it was it had a 7 or 8 shot magazine and I spent more time reloading than I did shooting.

          Two years later I bought my first handgun. A Charter Arms Target Bulldog in 44 Special. I really wanted a S&W Model 29 but you rarely saw one in a retail gun store and it was about 6 months pay for an E-5. I liked the Target Bulldog. I put a fancy grip on and it shot well. That pistol got me started on reloading so I could afford to shoot more.

          So I had some goodwill for Charter Arms and when they came out with the "pistol" version I grabbed one.

          The following are stock images and are not of mine.


          As I recall the notches on the screwed barrel were opposite from the pistol so you couldn't swap them. Charter maintains that all the other internal parts were the same so I'll never know why I had so much trouble with mine. I don't think I was ever able to empty one complete magazine. It jammed. failed to extract, failed to feed. Everything that could go wrong in a pistol went wrong. I took apart, put shims in twice so it wouldn't bind all to no avail. Finally, in a fit of rage, I beat it into a lump of aluminum and threw it the trash. The only gun I ever got rid of that way.

          I found the picture the parts of an Explorer II on the net. It is cheaply made and no wonder it was such junk.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • #20
            sealocan
            Calguns Addict
            • Mar 2012
            • 9956

            ^ No apology needed Kyle because I agree with you, they are currently connected.

            But if you have politics for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day you're going to get sick of it all and then the apathy might just kick in.

            Or as I once heard a political activist say...

            " If you or any group of people wants political change to happen
            you better bring a lunch, because it's probably going to take a long long time."

            Comment

            • #21
              Calif Hunter
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2003
              • 3326

              The worst handgun I bought was a surplus Czech .32 ACP that resembled a Walther PP or PPK. While functional, the trigger pull was absolutely horrendous and tended to put a wound on my trigger finger.....

              Comment

              • #22
                Garv
                RSG Minion, Senior
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Apr 2014
                • 9078

                There is no such thing as a bad gun, just a bad gun owner....

                My stock LC380 is just not fun to shoot, a trigger job will help.
                Originally posted by Kestryll:
                It never fails to amuse me how people get outraged but fail to tell the whole story in their rants....

                Comment

                • #23
                  harbormaster
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jun 2017
                  • 6744

                  Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with an SKS - don't miss them. But I did get 3 for a $100 so they weren't all bad - yes I'm that old.
                  1. Compared to what?
                  2. At what cost?
                  3. What hard evidence do you have?

                  T.S. debunking the Left in 3 simple questions.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    mikeyr
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2011
                    • 1554

                    don't have a least favorite, all I have for guns are old favorites. My favorite gun is what ever my last purchase was. I have never sold a firearm so I have lots of old favorites
                    sigpic
                    NRA Benefactor Member
                    . CRPA Member

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      LAKA90034
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 1386

                      "I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace."

                      Thomas Paine


                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        SonofWWIIDI
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Nov 2011
                        • 21583

                        I guess I’ve been lucky over the years. Never owned a gun I didn’t like.

                        On the other hand, I have fired a couple of guns that I wouldn’t buy for myself.

                        A buddy has a KSG. Shot it with magnum slugs. Felt like a mule kicked me in the shoulder. Was much nicer with just regular buckshot. But instead I converted an 870 into a bull pup. Still haven’t fired it, but it looks cool.

                        Another friend has an 8” .460 magnum. It was a blast to shoot, and shot laser flat at 100 yards. But man, the cost of ammo, the cost of the gun, the heavy recoil...I’m no daisy, but that thing was mean. If money was no object, I’d probably buy one just to have it.

                        Sorry, not sorry.
                        🎺

                        Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          PogoJack
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2014
                          • 2167

                          My dad had an M1 Carbine that was one of those Universal Arms pieces of junk. I hated that thing. Not really for anything else except the bullets looked and felt like pistol bullets. For bad shooting experience, I don't much like my Winchester 70 featherweight in .308 although I would appreciate it if I had to hike and shoot.
                          "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            deadcoyote
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 4002

                            Buying a safe and sane firework is like paying a hooker for a hug. I do not see the appeal in it.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Old Flash
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 1224

                              Back in the 80's, I bought a mac-380. Neat looking and cheap gun, it had the threaded barrel with a long screwed on tube which made for a nice handgrip. I think it came with a 20 round mag too. But the retaining clip for the trigger pin kept falling out eventually rendering pistol non-functional. Probably could've had a gunsmith fix it but I figured it wasn't worth the money at the time.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                k1dude
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • May 2009
                                • 15977

                                Kahr P380. Pure junk. It's been back to Kahr 3 times and still doesn't work. I finally gave up on it.
                                "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

                                "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1