Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unlicensed CCW

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    supersonic
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2007
    • 5885

    Originally posted by The Wingnut
    You did indeed solicit my opinion / advice, and I gave it, not just to you, but to anyone reading this.
    I bet your opinion would change real quick if you were eating out in a public place w/ your family, and an unlicensed CCW'er saved your life after taking out some nut-job who picked YOUR "place" to make his "last statement." In fact I guarantee it.

    *FACTORY-CERTIFIED ARMORER AT YOUR SERVICE IN SACRAMENTO, ALSO AR-15 WORK/ YUGO M59/66 SKS NIGHT SIGHTS REPLACEMENT - 916-516-7380*

    Comment

    • #17
      Sandman511
      Member
      • Feb 2009
      • 236

      It's true.... there are alot of scumbags out there that are illegally carrying ( amongst many other things).

      However if you understand yourself, and the enviroment on which you are treading..... most of the problems you might run into where you would need a firearm can be avoided.

      The best weapon we have is our brain.
      " We will either find a way, or make one "
      - Hannibal

      Comment

      • #18
        RomanDad
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2008
        • 3478

        Originally posted by Henry47
        a ccw would be great, but realistically you can avoid most situations where you'd need one just by being careful and cautious of your surroundings.
        Um... That's not true at all.

        don't get me wrong, i'd love to ccw, but do you ever think that maybe we want them so bad because we're not allowed to have them?
        I have one.... And I want you to have one too. So that pretty much blows that theory out of the water as well.


        You want to know the truth.... The final thought that will go through thousands of people's minds every year isn't about their family or loved ones... It isn't a vision of their life flashing before their eyes... Its "God, I wish I had a gun right now." And then its over.
        Last edited by RomanDad; 04-10-2009, 9:14 PM.
        Life is too short to drive a Ferrari...

        sigpic

        Comment

        • #19
          Seesm
          Calguns Addict
          • Nov 2008
          • 7812

          Have I EVER told you all I think all good law abiding citizens should be able to carry a loaded gun? Just curious...

          The bad guys or girls will always carry why can't we?

          Comment

          • #20
            GraveTPO
            Member
            • Apr 2007
            • 424

            I have and periodically still do.
            I make no apologies nor do I feel the need to justify myself.

            Comment

            • #21
              fuegoslow
              Member
              • Sep 2007
              • 447

              Originally posted by proudamerican831
              I think a lot of folks, one time or another has thought about carrying for certain situations. The problem is, if you get caught you lose your right to own a gun for ever. All of the negative things that can happen to you far exceeds anything positive when carrying a gun without a CCW.
              I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six! I guess your rights are more important than your or your loved one's lives.
              "Imagine how much more hopeful the story of the gospel would be if
              Jesus had a gun" - Stephen Colbert

              Originally posted by Bad Voodoo
              It's like ghosts and UFOs. I'll believe anything until science proves me wrong.

              Comment

              • #22
                savs2k
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2007
                • 1807

                I wouldn't unless 100% i had to. If I didn't feel safe without a gun somewhere, I should not have gone there. If there was a huge riot and people were shoting, and someone I knew needed medicine from the store.... yeah I won't lie i'd do it. As others posted, "i rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6". If you can avoid a bad situation then avoid it.

                Comment

                • #23
                  12GAUGE
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 615

                  Originally posted by GraveTPO
                  I have and periodically still do.
                  I make no apologies nor do I feel the need to justify myself.
                  Yup. I am A Contractor and get called to all sorts of areas. If I don't feel safe I will bring something with me. And I always have a 12 gauge in my locked truck box. It is MY LIFE and I WILL protect it if needed.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    CnCFunFactory
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 1084

                    Originally posted by unamused
                    ^^ yeah but the idea is that when the SHTF, you are ready.

                    Riding motorcycles, there's this term ATGATT (all the gear all the time) meaning you dress for the fall, not for the ride. If we knew when we were gonna go down and only wore our gear then, it would be pretty awesome. But as most riders know, no matter how focused, observant, cautious, etc... you are, you almost never predict the fall.

                    Im not saying that you should carry without a permit, i know i wouldnt, but there are just too many variables to say that those situations can be avoided.
                    +1
                    and keep it greasy side down brother.
                    NUNQUAM NON PARATUS

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Stanze
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 3301



                      Man carries w/o CCW, kills in self-defense.

                      No charges filed for homicide, but DA prosecutes for no CCW.

                      Better than dead I suppose.

                      CA has a "de-facto" right to carry. Meaning if you aren't a documented gang-banger and the gun is registered to you, it's only a misdemeanor like littering or drunk in public. NOT THE END OF THE WORLD IF YOU GET CAUGHT PEOPLE.

                      Think about it.

                      I think the best non-CCW setup would be a snub-nose loaded with Mag-safe ammo.

                      No spent casings or ballistics. Don't ever load your gun/mags without gloves, don't want to corrode the brass.

                      Seriously, all so-called legalities aside (These laws are UNCONSTITUTIONAL, in my heart I'm like EFF EM'!) screw being a victim!
                      Constitutionally, officials cannot license or register a fundamental right.

                      "It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority." - Benjamin Franklin


                      "Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack." -Stanze

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Snapping Twig
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2007
                        • 2108

                        I've done it and under the same circumstances, I'd do it again.

                        The hubris of a government bureaucrat that makes a two tiered system whereby THEY can carry or have guards, but WE are to be defenseless is obscene IMO, criminal in fact.

                        The Constitution and the Bill of Rights IS my CCW.

                        Texas got it right.
                        Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Matt C
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Feb 2006
                          • 7128

                          Originally posted by Stanze
                          http://ww.uniontrib.com/uniontrib/20...m1salcido.html

                          Man carries w/o CCW, kills in self-defense.

                          No charges filed for homicide, but DA prosecutes for no CCW.
                          What was the result for that case? I have a feeling charges were dropped at some point.
                          I do not provide legal services or practice law (yet).

                          The troublemaker formerly known as Blackwater OPS.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            supersonic
                            Calguns Addict
                            • May 2007
                            • 5885

                            Originally posted by Blackwater OPS
                            Umm, no exercising your second amendment rights does not make you a "bad guy", BS state laws notwithstanding. I'm not recommending that you break the law for a number of reasons, but breaking some laws does not automatically make you a bad guy IMO.

                            For some people who have no choice but to go into dangerous areas with little police presence it may be they only way they can protect themselves. I don't think you have any moral authority to deny them this right or call them "bad guys" for exercising it.

                            Your comments are pretty ironic considering your sig line..
                            LMMFAO!...Matt - you know the saying "ignorance is bliss?" Well, the nail has been hit on the head.

                            Originally posted by Sandman511
                            It's true.... there are alot of scumbags out there that are illegally carrying ( amongst many other things).

                            However if you understand yourself, and the enviroment on which you are treading..... most of the problems you might run into where you would need a firearm can be avoided.

                            The best weapon we have is our brain.
                            WOAH!!! And the nail is DRIVEN HOME!!!!!!

                            *FACTORY-CERTIFIED ARMORER AT YOUR SERVICE IN SACRAMENTO, ALSO AR-15 WORK/ YUGO M59/66 SKS NIGHT SIGHTS REPLACEMENT - 916-516-7380*

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              The Wingnut
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 3636

                              Let me clarify: In the the eyes of the law, unlicensed CCW makes you a bad guy. The consequences of having to shoot someone with a firearm you don't a license to carry concealed are not - in my opinion - worth it.

                              Backtracking up the thread, someone gave an example of just this and an individual who actually did NOT get steamrolled by the law...we've no guarantee that this is the rule and not the exception, but my advice /opinion in retrospect is bad considering this.

                              I should have thought my post out better and I've certainly stuck my foot in my mouth. No more knee-jerk posts for me.

                              And yes, the irony is not lost on me.

                              mrrrphhmbbl!
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by Wernher von Browning
                              I just checked. Change is all I've got left, they took all the folding money.
                              A people whose only powers, liberties & remedies are those strictly defined by the State is not a free people at all.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Matt C
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Feb 2006
                                • 7128

                                Originally posted by The Wingnut
                                The consequences of having to shoot someone with a firearm you don't a license to carry concealed are not - in my opinion - worth it.
                                Considering that if you have to shoot someone it is because your life is in immediate danger, I'd say the consequences of not being able to shoot them are a hell of a lot worse than the two misdemeanor charges one might receive for carrying without a license.
                                I do not provide legal services or practice law (yet).

                                The troublemaker formerly known as Blackwater OPS.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1