Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

lost interest

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #91
    BigPimping
    CGN Contributor
    • Feb 2010
    • 21487

    I totally understand your frustration. I shoot a lot less now and live off the radar.
    sigpic

    PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

    When pimping begins, friendship ends.

    Don't let your history be a mystery

    Comment

    • #92
      Bobby Ricigliano
      Mit Gott und Mauser
      CGN Contributor
      • Feb 2011
      • 17439

      Originally posted by RiskyBusiness
      No DA would send a 70yr old to prison.
      Please do share the evidence that brought you to that conclusion.

      Comment

      • #93
        B.J.F.
        Veteran Member
        • May 2006
        • 3133

        Originally posted by BigPimping
        I totally understand your frustration. I shoot a lot less now and live off the radar.

        Price of ammo & availability is hard enough to limit how often. I remember the glory days of getting 1k 5.56 for 215 o.t.d.

        At least in AZ I can get ammo with out a back ground check as often as I need it, with price shooting about a 100 rounds max. Used to shoot more rounds at the range.

        Comment

        • #94
          B.J.F.
          Veteran Member
          • May 2006
          • 3133

          Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
          Please do share the evidence that brought you to that conclusion.

          Comment

          • #95
            aghauler
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2011
            • 4794

            Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
            Please do share the evidence that brought you to that conclusion.
            Yeah RIIIIIIGHT!

            I guess 81 yo Bill Cosby isn't in Gen Pop now?

            Comment

            • #96
              johnthomas
              Calguns Addict
              • Mar 2009
              • 7001

              I venture to guess you are retired or able to, own a home and some sort of savings. Screw that state, sell everything you have, buy a better home in a better no state income tax state and start collecting again. Spend your money in a state that is not CA. The pipe dream of things will get better is just that, a pipe dream.
              I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

              Comment

              • #97
                GW
                I need a LIFE!!
                • May 2004
                • 16078

                Originally posted by NOTABIKER
                I am 71 and only got into the hobby about eight years ago.I used to go to to all my local gun stores and the Gun shows. I was mostly into WW 2 C&Rs. I had a lot of fun buying C&Rs cash and carry when it was legal.
                All these restrictions ruined it for me. I still have a small variety of guns i will keep.
                I no longer go to gun shows or buy gun related magazines. Can't remember the last issue of Shot Gun News i bought.I used to buy ammo every pay day.
                I force myself to go to the range and i no longer take a gun out and just admire it. All the negativity regarding guns and stupid new gun laws mostly ruined it for me.
                SAD
                So, leave California
                Go somewhere you can find interesting stuff again.
                Is what keeps you in California really worth all the grief? The crowding, the bad roads, air, water shortages, brown outs and the Devil's circus that is Sacramento.
                Wife and I had enough and left.
                New problems in Washington with their gun laws but I am able to buy anything I want. (and already have done so)
                We are way happier up here. You will be too once you just make your mind up and act.
                Good luck
                Change'll do wonders for your life.
                sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

                Comment

                • #98
                  Clickjack
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2019
                  • 515

                  Grew up in Oklahoma and Texas. Former Cop from a military family. Got my first gun around 10. Moved here for work. My fun stuff / stuff I inheritated is in my safe at my family home in Oklahoma. California baffles me. But it’s also had an interesting effect on me. I’m not interested in tactical - I can’t carry here. Not interested in AR’s (I own the real thing back home) - all the California laws suck the fun out. BUT I have fallen in love again with stuff that’s just fun to shoot. S&W Revolvers, Colt SAA, Garands / M1’s, and 1911’s. It’s ok if you’re over it. Just have found it interesting that I’m into things I would have never considered back home. The most fun for me is taking people shooting who’ve never had a chance to shoot.
                  Last edited by Clickjack; 02-21-2019, 2:52 AM.

                  Comment

                  • #99
                    eta34
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2006
                    • 2432

                    Comment

                    • ja308
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Nov 2009
                      • 12660

                      Originally posted by IVC
                      It's one part hobby and three parts civil rights. Hopefully you don't forget the second part even if you don't go shooting as often.
                      Thats it right there IVC ! ^5

                      Keeping freedom alive requires the 3 parts civil rights more than a set shooting or collecting routine.

                      I know of people who don't own guns or shoot, yet they are dedicated NRA members which makes them much more valuable than a shooter who we lovingly refer to as a doofus!

                      Comment

                      • M1XdColt
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2013
                        • 806

                        Originally posted by NOTABIKER
                        I am 71 and only got into the hobby about eight years ago.I used to go to to all my local gun stores and the Gun shows. I was mostly into WW 2 C&Rs. I had a lot of fun buying C&Rs cash and carry when it was legal.
                        All these restrictions ruined it for me. I still have a small variety of guns i will keep.
                        I no longer go to gun shows or buy gun related magazines. Can't remember the last issue of Shot Gun News i bought.I used to buy ammo every pay day.
                        I force myself to go to the range and i no longer take a gun out and just admire it. All the negativity regarding guns and stupid new gun laws mostly ruined it for me.
                        SAD
                        I was like you at one point in time and did a thread hear. I greed where these laws got me into of finding a new Hobby and did care about guns anymore. It's because every year something new comes out to be voted in, I'm not saying I'm letting these A-Hole stopping me from not fighting my right's. There can only be battled that we will win but the war... We will not!!! Now I just don't care for the laws and I don't followup and complied. Being in this state we can't even open carried to show off how nice our toys are but to only ccw. "Besides Hunting "the only time we get to show off is by photos, at the range, and else. Our guns/firearms is like a sex toy where it has to be lock or hidden 99% of the time being 24/7. Anyhow new hobby is what makes me not think about this things but only once an a while. currently older than you at the age of 104

                        Comment

                        • smle-man
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 10606

                          Moving out of state completely re-energized my shooting desire, well that and finally recovering from shoulder surgery so that I can shoot again.

                          Being surrounded by acreage that folks can shoot on, and hearing firing from Friday afternoon to Sunday dusk motivates me to want to go to the range myself. I can't shoot in my backyard because there is a house backing up to me but the folks a couple houses down can, lucky for them.

                          Comment

                          • Spartan301
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Jan 2013
                            • 2048

                            "HAND GRENADE!"

                            Originally posted by Teachu2
                            Toss your Man Card in the shredder.


                            And the bomb thrower has left the building!

                            Teachu2 = ban!
                            U.S. Army/Sgt./67N (Aviation/1st CAV DIV, FT. HOOD/2nd INF DIV, S. KOREA/NTC FLT DET, FT. IRWIN) Veteran '81-'86

                            Comment

                            • Spartan301
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Jan 2013
                              • 2048

                              C&R Collecting!

                              Sorry to hear you lost your MOJO.

                              One way I expand my collecting is to hunt down accessories for my C&Rs.

                              (Bayonets, Slings, Stripper Clips, Ammo Pouches, etc.)

                              Watch some of your favorite movies with C&Rs in them. It could be a temporary thing.

                              Best regards and keep collecting!

                              Spartan301
                              U.S. Army/Sgt./67N (Aviation/1st CAV DIV, FT. HOOD/2nd INF DIV, S. KOREA/NTC FLT DET, FT. IRWIN) Veteran '81-'86

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1