Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bowling Pin Target?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Skip_Dog
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2017
    • 2656

    Bowling Pin Target?

    Do you guys/gals think this work? I can not test it for 2 weeks.


    Last edited by Skip_Dog; 03-06-2019, 10:27 AM.
  • #2
    baranski
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2015
    • 3852

    For safety, move the child.


    Your neighbor will be none to pleased with a miss either.


    Looks to me like it would work just fine.
    Originally posted by ACfixer
    there's plenty of sissies and snitches roaming the hallways here.

    Comment

    • #3
      traveler1952
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2013
      • 595

      I think I would put an Eye bolt in the top of pins and run your rod though it.
      Let them swing more.
      I do that with golf balls. Fun to make the spin.
      NRA Life Member
      CRPA Member
      Idaho 2nd Amendment Member
      Escapees
      Elks

      Comment

      • #4
        Fastramrt
        Junior Member
        • Sep 2017
        • 23

        I do somthing simalar. but I have a 1.5 x 1.5 x 4ft piece of wood all the way across and the pins hang from cord. The impact from hits may shake it apart with only the rod spanning the gap.

        I also did eyebolts in the top of the pin like others said. 2 strings on each pin so they settle faster.

        Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

        Comment

        • #5
          VictorFranko
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2010
          • 13737

          Probably needs at least one cross brace across the bottom for added stability.

          Reminds me of a spinner (pistol) my friend welded up 35 or so years ago.
          Took it out to Texas Canyon and after it was set up, our other friend took the first shot, hit the cross member dead center and the whole thing fell apart.
          We were all one the ground laughing, shooter swore he didn't do it on purpose but these guys were all great shooters and we were rather brutal to each other so I still have my doubts it was an accident.

          Comment

          • #6
            Skip_Dog
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2017
            • 2656

            I like the eye bolt ideas. I have another set up that I will use eye bolts on and maybe rope or rebar.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1