Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Guns are surface rusting while in safe - Live near beach

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    thetruecheese
    Member
    • Aug 2013
    • 373

    Oil it and use a gun sock

    Comment

    • #47
      brian5271
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2011
      • 637

      I use WD40 wipes and wipe down everything while wearing latex gloves. I have been using just WD40 for nearly 40 years without issue. I also live within 2 mile of the beach.
      If I had to describe myself in one word it would be "bad at following directions"

      Comment

      • #48
        Jimi Jah
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2014
        • 19273

        Mine are stored in a locking closet with a lot of clothes. That keeps it very dry inside. No rust issues and no kids, I'm 1 1/2 miles from the beach.

        Comment

        • #49
          timbo399
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2010
          • 1765

          Couple years ago I bought 5 or 6 dehumidifiers on Amazon that are about 6x6in and 1 inch thick--has small window where shows the beads as orange-- once turn to blue then plug the unit into outlet for a night and turns back to orange. I have about 5 of these in my safe and take out to recharge every month or two.

          Amazon has a ton of dehumidifier type products to choose from.

          Sorry to hear about the rust OP. Tough living by the beach. Good luck.

          Comment

          • #50
            zouaveherb
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Jun 2012
            • 121

            Dehumidifier if you can afford the electric bill.

            Comment

            • #51
              LuckyGuy
              Member
              • Dec 2014
              • 460

              YES

              Originally posted by OCEquestrian
              Goldenrod dehumidifier. I live ON THE WATER and have two 24 inch goldenrods in the safe.. one down low and one high. Everything stays warm and toasty and no rust of any kind at all.
              Happiness is a warm GUN.
              NRA Benefactor Patriot Member
              CRPA Member

              Comment

              • #52
                norcal77
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Feb 2009
                • 4231

                Like others said, get better dehumidifiers or even better, get your stuff refinished in marine resistant coating, Robar Guns has a good one
                NRA Lifetime member
                CRPA Lifetime member
                Second Amendment Foundation Life member

                Comment

                • #53
                  kmas
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2014
                  • 1315

                  Oil your cleaned gun before storage and wrap it in oil paper or oil cloth

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1