Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Checking a gun in with Amtrak, who has done it?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    TurboS600
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2009
    • 1121

    Originally posted by Sousuke
    I did it with the Zephyr. Its very low key. You make the reservation for the pistol as you have already done and bring it with you. When you go to the counter you mention the reservation. In my experience, they had me go through the door to their side of the counter and had me open my luggage showing the locked case. They stuck a piece of paper I signed in the luggage on top of the case and I rezipped. They added a second tag to the luggage and took it away and gave me a 2 baggage receipts for the luggage and the firearm. On the other end, you show your tags and they give you your luggage.
    It took 9 posts of nonsense before someone came along with a legit answer?
    sigpic

    Originally posted by Helmut Shmacher Space Chimp
    Where can I get a pair..?
    Originally posted by ViPER395
    I like it colored
    Originally posted by SquidBilly
    I became mesmerized by a thick black shaft.

    Comment

    • #17
      Angrysnarf
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2015
      • 2860

      Originally posted by TurboS600
      It took 9 posts of nonsense before someone came along with a legit answer?
      You must be new here

      Comment

      • #18
        Redeyedrider
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2014
        • 1744

        Originally posted by TurboS600
        It took 9 posts of nonsense before someone came along with a legit answer?
        I don't believe my recommendation was nonsense (post #2). We have a Calgunner here that is intimately involved with the inner workings of Amtrak and I provided that name. IMO it would still be worth contacting him to make sure there isn't any other valuable information that the OP might miss.
        We have too much to lose and so we'll lose it all - sd_shooter
        I try to frame my response to be useful to those observing, with little regard to convince the opponent of my awesomeness - EM2
        It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's impossible to win an argument with a stupid person - Whitefang
        TRUMP/NUNES

        Comment

        • #19
          maggie06
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2013
          • 669

          Originally posted by TurboS600
          It took 9 posts of nonsense before someone came along with a legit answer?
          Where's the fun in direct answers? Our way we get bits here and there, and then assemble like a jigsaw puzzle.

          Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
          "Let's play tic-tac-toe"

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1