Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

New guy with Marketplace question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Rambo, John J.
    Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 256

    I have many firearms that I have never fired. If you have been around the block in CA, you can easily see the writing on the wall that supply is being restricted artificially by Kali pols and their support from anti-2nd folks. CA gun owners don't effectively fight 'em because they move away, are apathetic, and/or don't vote. If you buy something that eventually gets restricted, what do you think from Econ 101 will probably happen to the price?

    I have enough firearms that I fire so I don't have to use my unfired examples as I presume many of the other fine Calgunners do the same. However, most firearms will be test fired at the factory so keep that in mind.

    If you have fired enough firearms, you will know where wear or evidence of enough firing usually shows up when you have to clean them. In the case of a pistol, the slide face where the firing pin strikes the primer is where a brass circle from the casing will show up from enough rounds being fired. In the case of a revolver, lead/carbon will build up on the inside of the cylinders and at the forcing cone and flame cutting will show up on the top strap.

    Comment

    • #17
      ACfixer
      Calguns Addict
      • Feb 2012
      • 6101

      I think by and large most of your veteran members that have good iTrader ratings are going to be stand up folks. There's nothing to be gained by being dishonest and if it's someone like CALI-gula, SkyHawk or Big Pimpin etc... I see these guys here every day, if they say the gun hasn't been fired (other than at the factory), as far as I am concerned it hasn't been fired and that's the end of the story.

      In my mind that only matters really for collector stuff, for instance CALI-gula often has some semi-rare to very rare pieces for sale and if you see his ads he is meticulous in his descriptions. If you're buying a high dollar vintage revolver you deserve to know every known detail and he provides them.

      On the other hand, if I sell a Gen 3 Glock 19 or something that's all you get is my word that it has or hasn't been fired and any obvious wear/tear. It's a Glock, if it's had 50 rounds or 500 rounds fired through it, that makes virtually no difference. And it's the farthest thing from a rare gun so even if it's unfired that changes the value very little so there's no reason to lie about it.

      And welcome, although I see you joined 5 years ago.
      Buy made in USA whenever possible.

      Comment

      • #18
        boopiejones
        Senior Member
        • May 2014
        • 2044

        I seem to notice a lot of off roster handguns listed as never been fired. I don’t want to accuse people of anything, but I have a good idea why.
        my Benitez goes to 11

        Comment

        • #19
          Erion929
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2013
          • 4706

          Join Active Junky for online rebates....$10 to both you and me!

          https://www.activejunky.com/invite/238017


          Comment

          • #20
            -Seth
            Junior Member
            • Jul 2016
            • 44

            This is an enlightening thread. My guns are like my toys and even if I don't plan to shoot them much, I still can't wait to shoot them for the first time after I pick them up from jail. But I do see many good points made on this thread.

            Comment

            • #21
              I Swan
              Calguns Addict
              • Sep 2010
              • 8770

              Madoka is probably the champ and I'm sure it is impossible for him to have shot all his guns to high round counts and no point in doing so. I currently have 15 guns in DROS or waiting to be DROSed. So you all can see how some people do not have the physical ability and time to shoot all their guns all that much.

              Even people with only a few guns, I commonly find they have guns they have seldom or never fired. Many people purchase guns thinking they are a magic wand that wards off the bad guy but never really practice with them or get training. It isn't that uncommon to come across new or as new in box guns from 30-40 years ago.

              Comment

              • #22
                TheVazha
                Member
                • Jun 2013
                • 114

                Thanks for the welcome gents. Yeah I joined 5 years ago before my first purchase but was to shy to post.

                Great discussion, I totally see how it is possible to see so many NBF guns (aside from test round). Between the babies, the wife, and work, I get out to shoot maybe 2-3 times a year. So yeah, I read you.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment

                • #23
                  onelonehorseman
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2012
                  • 4888

                  Welcome to the forum OP.

                  I have had a few safe queens over the years (guns bought more for opportunity and investment, than need).

                  I've since sold most of those though. I try to stick with what I actually use now.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    SISKIN
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2017
                    • 872

                    Do your homework .. go over it with a fine tooth comb. i got an Areo 20" complete upper that was never fired by the owner .. No wear marks at all ..

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      ACfixer
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 6101

                      Originally posted by TheVazha
                      Great discussion, I totally see how it is possible to see so many NBF guns (aside from test round). Between the babies, the wife, and work, I get out to shoot maybe 2-3 times a year. So yeah, I read you.
                      It kind of boils down to the fact that I think most people are honest when it comes down to buying and selling on forums and online in general really. I remember the early days of Ebay and Paypal was still kind of new... A guy had a like-new American Fender Stratocaster and I was the high bidder at something like $500. Well he wanted a USPS money order so I sent it never knowing if I'd see that money again! Of course about a week later a beautiful guitar shows up at my doorstep and I was off to the races with online buying and selling.

                      With firearms purchases (in CA) you're forced into a face to face transaction so if you show up and that "unfired" piece had 1,000 rounds down the pipe you'll be able to quickly see the guy is FOS and you can back out. If you can't tell, then does it matter? Probably not right? I have yet to show up and buy a gun and have it in worse condition than the seller described, it's always been better.

                      Almost all the guns I bought under the SSE loophole from 2012-2014 remain unfired. They're hard to get in CA and I bought most of them for future trade bait.
                      Buy made in USA whenever possible.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Wordupmybrotha
                        From anotha motha
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Oct 2013
                        • 6965

                        Yep, I have an unfired NIB CZ SP01 that I've had for a year. So I believe it.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          ARDude
                          Veteran Member
                          • May 2006
                          • 2723

                          I always put "low round count". 5, or maybe 10,000 or so....
                          Real-life Girls

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            NPFreedom
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2012
                            • 1568

                            Visit www.npfreedom.com for discounted firearm parts and accessories

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              trackcage
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2015
                              • 1777

                              I'd be more interested in the integrity of those who say "only 200 rounds down the pipe."

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                7 Sprig
                                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                                CGN Contributor
                                • Jan 2011
                                • 793

                                Originally posted by trackcage
                                I'd be more interested in the integrity of those who say "only 200 rounds down the pipe."
                                i have 4 glocks that each got 200 rounds fired, 50 rounds of each kind of defense ammo i have, to check for reliability. Those guns are home defense guns, number 201 will be into a home invader and the cops will get the gun. Thats why they are glocks and yes, some can justify the 200 rounds .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1