Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What have been your experiences at the border ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dano3467
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2013
    • 7381

    What have been your experiences at the border ?

    Have you been ask about fruit, plants, or AMMO when entering the border check station coming into CA ?

    What did they say to you ?

    Please share, we'd all like to hear.
  • #2
    Wordupmybrotha
    From anotha motha
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Oct 2013
    • 6965

    Am I being detained??!

    Comment

    • #3
      theLBC
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Oct 2017
      • 7359

      i got a cucumber

      Comment

      • #4
        damon1272
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2006
        • 4857

        They waved me through each time and never talked to me.

        Comment

        • #5
          God Bless America
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2014
          • 5165

          Originally posted by Wordupmybrotha
          Am I being detained??!
          No, you're being cavity-searched.

          Comment

          • #6
            mshill
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2012
            • 4483

            "That's just a pickle in my pocket."

            Haven't been stopped and I've been through Truckee a half dozen times since the first.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.

            Comment

            • #7
              ScottsBad
              Progressives Suck!
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • May 2009
              • 5610

              In the 15-20 times I've crossed at Truckee I've probably been stopped 2-3 times. They just ask if you have any fruit or what ever. Just say no and they wave you through.

              The danger is being caught because you shopped too close to the border where they are probably watching the gun stores for CA plates.

              I bought enough ammo to last me five years before the deadline. But it doesn't matter, my house is going up for sale in 2019 and I'm leaving the state I was born in forever.
              Last edited by ScottsBad; 04-12-2018, 3:26 PM.
              sigpicC'mon man, shouldn't we ban Democracks from Cal-Guns? Or at least send them to re-education camps.

              Comment

              • #8
                mstlaurent
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2007
                • 1408

                I cross the California border on the 10 two or three times a year since we moved to Arizona seven years ago. Never been spoken to once.
                I've never seen an American flag burned at a gun show.

                Comment

                • #9
                  SoCalGunny
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2013
                  • 741

                  moving from WA State to CA once i got through oregon to the CA border i was stopped and they saw all the ammo, i got hung up for about an hour as they tried to figure out if the green tip lake city ammo is "Armor Piercing" or not.

                  most were complete anti's giving me a hard time but the lady in charge was either pro gun or didn't want the paperwork and moved me along.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    baggss
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Mar 2013
                    • 3439

                    I drove back from Las Cruces NM last week.

                    Check point just outside of Las Cruces heading west on I-10 (US Customs) only asked if I was a US Citizen. Fruit and Vegetable checkpoint in CA just waived me through...

                    NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Marauder2003
                      Waiting for Abs
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Aug 2010
                      • 3120

                      Have done 5 trips to LV on the 15 since the first of the year. Never stopped on the way back.

                      Now if they asked why I had so much ammo when heading TO Nevada I would gladly tell them.
                      #NotMyPresident
                      #ArrestFauci
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        hermosabeach
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 19828

                        I crossed at Tijuana and they did not seemed too concerned about the stuff in my car
                        Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

                        Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

                        Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

                        Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
                        (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          hermosabeach
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 19828

                          Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

                          Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

                          Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

                          Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
                          (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Humboldt Leatherneck
                            Member
                            • Mar 2018
                            • 437

                            My last 2 trips to Oregon in the last two months on Hwy 101 coming from Brookings, and Hwy 199 coming from Cave Junction had no personnel at either of the State Of California Ag check points.
                            sigpicMember of the N.R.A., Marine Corps League, and American Legion.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              SoCal Bob
                              Calguns Addict
                              • May 2010
                              • 5354

                              We pass through the one on the 10 about 3 times a year. We've only been stopped once, they asked where we were returning from, we said Sedona and they waved us through.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1