Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

The 9, 40 & 45 debate is over!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Nate
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2006
    • 1335

    Originally posted by Jay-lee
    Exactly! That's why I edc a 2" 500sw magnum. Here's to early onset rheumatoid arthritis!
    Sure you do!

    Comment

    • #32
      Dragginpanda
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2014
      • 521

      I reload 9mm and 40. 45 has different primer sizes, so buying its’ brass is a headaChe, so it’s out.

      Because I reload I get rid of the snappy and inaccurate.

      Comment

      • #33
        rugershooter
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2009
        • 1804

        I have 16 different calibers, and it's slowly increasing. I can't narrow it down to only a few.

        Comment

        • #34
          newbie1234
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2016
          • 3131

          .22LR, 9mm (9X19), .45ACP. All the rest are safe queen.

          Comment

          • #35
            ElDub1950
            Calguns Addict
            • Aug 2012
            • 5688

            I started with .40 and liked it. Shot a ton of it and my accuracy was probably a little better than average. A few years ago there was a lot of hubbub about defensive ammo improvements so spent a lot of time checking it out and got Lonewolf 9mm barrels for both my Glock 23 & 27. Meh, works fine and pretty much the same accuracy on the range.

            But then went to the action range where I could do rapid fire. Shot a bunch of 5 round groups alternating between my G23 and a G19. Had 2 6" steel targets about 3' apart at 10 yards. I think it was 200 rnds total. I was consistently better with the 9mm.

            That convinced me there was an advantage, for me, to switch. Sold all my .40 guns and replaced with 9mm.

            Obviously different folks have different results, but why not do your own testing and decide for yourself. Of course to be fair you'd probably need similar models in each caliber, like the G23 and G19.

            Comment

            • #36
              OlderThanDirt
              FUBAR
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Jun 2009
              • 6003

              Everyone knows that 5.7 mm is the most effective handgun round.
              We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, but they are still lying. ~ Solzhenitsyn
              Thermidorian Reaction . . Prepare for it.

              Comment

              • #37
                mustang1045
                Junior Member
                • Oct 2017
                • 7

                Originally posted by Jay-lee
                .40 cal

                For when you want 9mm stopping power with extra snap and innacuracy!
                .40 S&W M&P Shield makes for good ccw. A little more ooomf, but good size.

                Comment

                • #38
                  Wordupmybrotha
                  From anotha motha
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Oct 2013
                  • 6965

                  Should've kept the 22LR.
                  If she doesn't like the 22, that tells me she doesn't like target shooting.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    rubbman
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2013
                    • 652

                    10mm

                    Nuff said

                    This!
                    I once pondered over the debate of 9mm vs. .40, then I was introduced to .38 super and 10mm and forgot all about it.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      CinnamonBear723
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2011
                      • 1874

                      10MM..........*drops mic and slowly leaves the room as everyone sits quietly in awe*

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Barang
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Aug 2013
                        • 13412

                        Originally posted by Wordupmybrotha
                        Should've kept the 22LR.
                        If she doesn't like the 22, that tells me she doesn't like target shooting.
                        When I forget to book a bay, she'll remind me to schedule at least 2x a month. And if she can get an extra time off from work, we go shooting.
                        So how's that for not liking target shooting?

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          meno377
                          ?????
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Jul 2013
                          • 4911

                          Originally posted by Barang
                          "The 9mm, .40, & .45 debate is over".
                          When hell freezes over. LOL
                          Originally posted by Fjold
                          I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
                          Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program.
                          -Milton Friedman


                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            shojivic
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Aug 2012
                            • 767

                            Hell, I'd just be happy if my wife went to the range at all, no matter what caliber!

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Wordupmybrotha
                              From anotha motha
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Oct 2013
                              • 6965

                              Originally posted by Barang
                              When I forget to book a bay, she'll remind me to schedule at least 2x a month. And if she can get an extra time off from work, we go shooting.
                              So how's that for not liking target shooting?
                              To me, it's not about the frequency or the love of shooting that makes someone a target shooter. The people who like target shooting, especially with 22LR are a different breed. They enjoy the craft of precision and bullseye shooting. They find it therapeutic to concentrate on each shot. They find it more pleasurable to shoot 10 bulleyes than 100 blasts. It would be rare to find someone who enjoys target shooting to not own a 22LR firearm.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Mr. Snuffalupagus
                                Junior Member
                                • Oct 2017
                                • 99

                                Originally posted by CinnamonBear723
                                10MM..........*drops mic and slowly leaves the room as everyone sits quietly in awe*
                                this ^

                                10mm is the correct answer to any and all questions - unless bacon is a better fit... then the answer is bacon.

                                deep thought, what is the answer to life, the universe, and everything?

                                Deep thought: "10mm, and Bacon"


                                10mm is best millimeter.


                                I also run 9mm, .45ACP, and have a .40 barrel for the G20 because WTF not?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1