Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

loosing interest

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    BigPimping
    CGN Contributor
    • Feb 2010
    • 21481

    All I do is shotguns now. Too crazy to shoot anything else. People look at you like you are a terrorist.
    sigpic

    PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

    When pimping begins, friendship ends.

    Don't let your history be a mystery

    Comment

    • #32
      G-Man WC
      In Memoriam
      • Oct 2005
      • 10991

      Until the dust settles I'm getting back to my roots and shooting and loading for some of my C&R's.
      Many unfired since owning them 30+Yrs.
      Sad, I know!
      -g
      If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
      -Samuel Adams

      Comment

      • #33
        Hanger22reefing
        Junior Member
        • Aug 2017
        • 54

        Ill stand up to these SOBs I am not going to lose my state of California to these cry baby's I'm going to vote for a new governor for California and a new chief of sheriff that would let me add my accessories back on my AK

        Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

        Comment

        • #34
          tuna quesadilla
          Calguns Addict
          • Apr 2006
          • 5147

          Lol, they've already won. Dems have a supermajority in the legislature and a lame duck Democrat governor, so they can pass literally any bill that they want. Remember that Prop 63, one of the most unconstitutional and nefarious pieces of anti-gun legislation in history, was a ballot proposition passed by the voters of California. We've been getting pro-2A lawsuits shot down by circuit courts and even SCOTUS. You are delusional if you think we are going to gain back one more inch of our lost rights. The government here hates you for being a gun owner, and as Prop 63 demonstrated, the majority of the voting public hates you for being a gun owner.

          I have about a 9 to 12 month plan to leave the state. You should start working on one, too.

          Comment

          • #35
            HUTCH 7.62
            In Memoriam
            • Aug 2006
            • 11298

            I hear ya OP. Next step we will all be felons at the stroke of a pen.
            Some say that he once mooned two prostitutes just for a round of drinks, but wasn't surprised by the reply......They call him, the Hutch
            Some say that he rode a dirtbike 7k miles across the country and that he once applied Bengay to his own testicles for a mere $50............They call him, the Hutch -Top Gear

            http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/...CCAB7CE8D70F60

            Comment

            • #36
              smittty
              Calguns Addict
              • Feb 2008
              • 6265

              Originally posted by BigPimping
              All I do is shotguns now. Too crazy to shoot anything else. People look at you like you are a terrorist.
              I'm mostly trap shooting these days and I really enjoy it. My kids enjoy it too so it makes for a fun relaxing range trip.

              Non-tactical shotguns are the most politically correct firearm imo!

              Comment

              • #37
                Lon C.
                Junior Member
                • Oct 2017
                • 18

                New shooter here, name's Lon.

                Hopefully, at one time or another, we've thought about the beloved Supreme Court Justice, Antonin Scalia and the incalculable loss to Second Amendment rights his death has suffered us, since his passing in February, 2016. A recent copy of a book, "Scalia Speaks", speaches given by Scalia during his recent lifetime, compiled by his son, was given me as a Christmas gift.

                To review, Justice Scalia was a staunch Second Amendment advocate, as well as a hunter. He excoriated some of his fellow justices for their votes on abortion and the Second Amendment. In a speech before the National Wild Turkey Federation, in 2006, Justice Scalia asks,

                "How could you explain our hunting culture to someone from another country? I'm not sure that you can...The hunting culture begins, of course, with a broader culture that is not hostile towards firearms. When I was growing up in New York City, people were not afraid of firearms. I used to travel on the subway to my military high school in Manhattan...with a .22 carbine target rifle.Can you imagine doing that today? In New York? "Look out---There's a man with a gun!"

                That attitude of associating guns with nothing but crime is what has to be changed. It's not necessarily a matter of getting your friends into hunting. If you can't...get them into skeet shooting, or anything that shows that guns are not things that are used only by bad people."

                "There are nearly two hundred million guns in private American hands [when Scalia spoke in 2007] or roughly one per person, dispersed among one-third to one-half of American households. By contrast, Europeans have largely abandoned their guns, preferring to trust the state with a monopoly on weaponry."

                Lastly, to prove Scalia's point about Europeans...

                I was sent a YouTube video about the ongoing and escalating violence and lawlessness against law enforcement and the citizenry of Sweden. I searched the Internet for gun laws in Sweden and came upon the link I'm providing here: https://www.sweden.org.za/gun-laws-in-sweden.html

                " ...it is considered a privilege, rather than a right, to own a firearm in Sweden."

                That last line confronted me with just what that horror is beginning to look like in Sweden, or in France, and reminded me what Scalia was hinting about with his not-so-veiled comment...

                Comment

                • #38
                  roostersgt
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 1921

                  Originally posted by Guns and guitars
                  Being a Texan I can honestly say that I AM the enemy of California.
                  I detest everything about this states laws and majority of its people.

                  I will always look back on my life, all the travels and adventures and know California was the one true mistake.
                  California wasn't always "bad", yup, I'm that old. Lived a few years in south Texas too. Your state now has Austin, which has always been uber liberal, Dallas and Houston. You know, the large population centers of the state, just like we have L.A. and SF. Hate to say it, but sadly, in the very near future, the great state of Crocket is indeed in jeapordy of the same foolishness that infects Cali.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    philobeddoe
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2007
                    • 2022

                    Originally posted by Ford8N
                    President Trump could get rid of all kinds of Executive Orders from past Presidents tomorrow that restrict gun rights.

                    He hasn't.

                    The NRA and gun owners are useful idiots and Trump doesn't care about the Second Amendment.
                    Yeah he's just sitting in the Oval Office surfing Calguns for advice on which gun laws to overturn.
                    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                    NRA MEMBERSHIP


                    GOA MEMBERSHIP

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      tomrkba
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2016
                      • 1513

                      Originally posted by NOTABIKER
                      Cant trade C&Rs with my friends now. Cant sell my stash of 7.62 39 ammo i no longer need . no more C&Rs for sale at turners or big 5. Yes it is possible to still do this but F big brother. Pretty soon TV gun shows will probably go off the air.
                      I still shoot but it is not the same as just a few years ago.
                      Move to Arizona and you can do what you want.

                      You could always make your own fun. You could buy a Ruger rifle in 7.62x39 and shoot up that stash. Take up skeet shooting and precision rifle. Ruger’s new rifles cost around $1,200 and compete with high end guns. Start taking defensive classes. Learn to run a carbine. Go to Gunsite and take 270 Rifle. Do force on force. Build a 1911. Take Southnarc’s ECQC. Start doing Garand matches. Get good at IPSC and IDPA with a mouse gun. There are tons of things to do besides swap C&R guns.
                      Last edited by tomrkba; 03-13-2018, 3:36 AM.
                      Biden's
                      Laptop
                      Matters

                      Read the Kelly Turnbull novels to see where California is and will go: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=kelly+tur..._2_15_ts-doa-p

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        tomrkba
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2016
                        • 1513

                        Originally posted by philobeddoe
                        Yeah he's just sitting in the Oval Office surfing Calguns for advice on which gun laws to overturn.
                        He can do no such thing. Obama would have butt raped the NRA if that were the case.

                        Repeat after me: EXECUTIVE ORDERS MAY NEVER EXCEED STATUTE AND ARE LIMITED IN SCOPE!
                        Biden's
                        Laptop
                        Matters

                        Read the Kelly Turnbull novels to see where California is and will go: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=kelly+tur..._2_15_ts-doa-p

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          zeddy
                          Member
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 371

                          Hey op, I feel the same way. I haven't shot my guns or even opened my safe in over a year and a half.

                          You're right, it's not the same anymore. When we plan on going, out on blm land, we wonder if we,'re going to be hassled in any shape or form. It doesn't seem like it'll be fun anymore.

                          I know that's what the gun grabbers want and we need to fight it, but coming across an ignorant Leo, could cause a lot of issues. I'll just keep my things locked up for now.

                          So sad I can't enjoy the things I loved to do.
                          Last edited by zeddy; 03-14-2018, 12:48 AM.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            johnthomas
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 7001

                            Originally posted by SC1
                            Tell that to all the conservative gun owners leaving CA.
                            This is exactly what the anti gun crowd wants. And they are winning BIG in California!
                            I would venture to guess, most of the conservative gun owners leaving, have many reasons to leave, not just the gun laws. Tax laws, Sanctuary state, crime, homeless, home prices, gas prices and a whole host of regulations that keep business's from making a profit. For me, the gun laws got me to looking closer at everything else going on in the Golden state. The only thing golden is the amount of money we give away to people that have no legal right to be here and the politicians that suck that money up, become rich and buy grape orchards and open wineries.
                            I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1